Koran 'desecration'

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Arabian, May 21, 2005.

1. Arabian

Arabian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm

is that how you respect the other religions,,
    is that how you achive democracy,,
    is that what you call freedom,,,
    is that how you deal with prisoners in the the presons,,,
    what do you call that,,,
    yeah but they did apology,,, yeah,,
    u know this part remind me when the arab apology for what happened in 11-9
    ,,, yeah but they were only accused,, but to USA appology wasnt enough they begane the destruction and war in all the arab country... look arround u ,, look at the destruction arround the arab and you will know the USA reaction according to the appology muslims says

2. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Shouted at? Oh my, how disgraceful! We should be ashamed of ourselves. Shouting. Indeed. Bad US!

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Newsweek admitted the story was fake. The Koran is not being desecrated. What are you complaining about?

Or did you forget the Palestinian's misuse of the Church of the Nativity a few years ago?

4. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    And dismantling of the Tomb of Joseph, and the burning of churches in Yugoslavia... and the persecution of Christians in the Sudan.... and blowing up the Buddha in Afghanistan.....

Arabian..... the adherents of your religion have a lot to answer for.... for every one desecration your religion suffers, yours is guilty of 100.....

At the rate your religion is going, you'll have caught up with the Nazis and the Commies in crimes against humanity in about a week or two..... I'm sure that many Moslems have a picture of Hitler next to a picture of Osama Bin Laden.... and hold him in just as high a regard.

Your religion, and the Arabian culture, which introduced our number system, Algebra and much learnedness to the world when Europe was in the Dark Ages is now in a Dark Ages of its own. It hasn't produced a single scholar, made a single scientific discovery, or technological breakthrough in the past 200 years.... your culture represents one of the last vestiges of barbarism left on this planet.... Your religion is nothing more than Nazism with a Crescent Moon instead of a Swastika.

You disdain human rights, you despise learning, you fear any new ideas.... in short your religion has brought nothing but suffering to millions and it is my fervent wish that your fellow Moslems either wake up and smell the coffee or convert to Christianity real soon.

Even if we dropped a million Korans into a mile deep vat of pig waste, you'd still owe the rest of the world a million apologies, that is how badly the adherents of your religion have abused, disrespected and desecrated the other religions...

Tell you what.... we apologize to you when you start apologizing to the Jews....

5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Hey dude go to : www.husseinandterror.com/

This is who you are supporting here...get real!

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    When exactly did any arab country apologize for 911? the freaking palestinians were dancing in the street. and the Aghanistan government was one of the ones supporting it.

Oh and just so you know. Prisoners don't have freedom. Thats the whole point of prisoners.

BTW why is it a lie about ripping up a book is evil, yet the riots killing your fellow muslims over it isnt? And you think we are the ones with problems? How about you stop worshiping a book and start worshiping God. No book is better than God.

7. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69

Lets see at least we have "FREEDOM" of religion and you are free to practice any religion you want. The same cant be said for most islamic countries. Saudi Arabia confiscates all the Bibles they find coming into the country and distroy them. Where is outrage for this??

As for dealing with prisoners I cant think of a time when we "BEHEADED" any of our prisoners. Maybe we should take a clue from you guys over there and start Killing when it suites us, maybe we should attack and kill everytime you distroy or desecrete the Bible. You dont even allow a person to convert from Islam to Christianity, right now in Iran a pastor is fighting for his life for converting. AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO QUESTION OUR TOLERANCE OF OTHER RELIGION!!!

8. yeula

yeula Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I find it strange that this whole episode with Newweek happened. It seems to me to be a story that was planted with the hope that it would stir up more chaos and hatred between people and that is exactly what has happened.

Consider

1. We have gone into Iraq and dropped tens of thousands of pounds of bombs on the people there with the intention of SHOCKING! and AWEING! them. They couldn't even put planes in the air to defend themselves.

2. They had done nothing to us.

3. We raped their women and plundered their country and stole their oil.

4. We rounded up Arab people along with anyone who even looked Arab and we illegally locked them up without due process.

5. We illegally tortured and beat prisoners and we published photographs of some of the torture.

6. Then we flushed the Koran and they said "yo, now we're pissed".

7. After what Bush and the neo-cons have done how could ANYTHING stir up the Arab world and make them any angrier?

8. Get real.

Rumsfeld set up an office of disinformation. These people lie everytime they open their mouths and the media are their lapdogs. How gullible you are.

The Arabs are not our enemies. They just want to sell their oil and we need to buy it. The US is no longer the economic engine of the world. The Euro along with the EU, China who is now our banker, Japan, the petro-Euro/petro-dollar - the US is barely hanging on. What the neo-cons are doing is digging us in deeper.

The only ones to benefit from out "rearrangement" of the middle east are Israel and financial elites. We are the suckers who get to pay for it all in our children's blood, our money and our futures.

The neo-cons are Jews who came to this country within the last 50 years. Their memories are in Europe and their loyality is to Israel. We are being used and our country is being destroyed. The Bush family has made its fortune on war and oil going back to Prescott Bush who cozied up to Nazis in order to make money.

What is this bunch going to do next in order to distract the people? We need to bring this White House down and impeach these people. All democrats would have to do is to begin talking about their corporate and government crimes and the media would pick up on it and eventually we'd bring them down.

In the meantime there is no reason to smear and degrade one of the world's great religions.

There are some clueless Christians on the right in this country and they don't know it but their religion is under attack too and they have brought this about with the antics of the Christian right. Consider the effort under way to get Christians out of government. Do you hear anyone attempting to get Jews out of government? They control the White House, they have an iron grip on Congress so that no one dare to go against Israel, they have gotten rid of every Arabist we had in the State Department and Ariel Sharon has boasted that all he has to do is pick up the phone and he can get any story pulled from any US media.

We should keep ALL religion out of politics. We should concentrate on what these liars are doing when they attempt to divert our attention.

We should remember that Arabs are human beings just like us and we should look at the zeal of Christians and Jews in our own country and deal with that before we seek to get the splinter out of someone else's eye.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well you are doing a good job of wrapping up every lefty pov into a couple of posts.

Did you mention the judicial appointments? DeLay? Bolton? If so, I missed the references...

10. yeula

yeula Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the compliment kathianne - if you refuted any of my comments - I must have missed that!

btw - how do you keep up with the debate given all the continual posting in this forum - I come back to the forum and cannot find the last place I left - I think people must live here.