Koran 'desecration'

Thank you Karl Marx, I really was not in the mood to try and respond to our newest version from the DU!

Wow...Some of y'all have been drinking at the right wing-nut well for far too long. It's time to stand up and take a breath.

The stories about desecration of the Koran have been around fro two or three years. And they have also been documented by Human Rights Watch(1.), the Center for Constitutional Rights(2.) and the ICRC(3.)

As for the violence "sparked" by the Newsweek story, on may 12th, General Richard Meyers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, stated that the violence in Afghanistan had little or nothing to do with the Newsweek story.

<blockquote>Myers said an after-action report provided by U.S. Army Lieutenant General Karl Eikenberry, commander of the Combined Forces in Afghanistan, indicated that the political violence was not, in fact, connected to the magazine report.</blockquote>(4.)

Despite this, the Bush administration spun the story (<i>Big surprise that</i>) of violence to suit its own purposes , continuing to state that the Newsweek story sparked the violence. How much longer are y'all gonna continue to uncritically accept whatever excreta this Administration spews? How mch longer are you willing to tolerate US service men and women dying for the lies this Administration spreads?

Citations:

(1.)http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/usa/gitmo1004/3.htm

(2.)http://www.ccr-ny.org/v2/legal/september_11th/docs/Guantanamo_composite_statement_FINAL.pdf

(3.)http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/19/icrc.quran

(4.)http://usinfo.state.gov/usinfo/Archive/2005/May/12-273892.html?chanlid=wash file

Bullypulpit said:
Wow...Some of y'all have been drinking at the right wing-nut well for far too long. It's time to stand up and take a breath.

The stories about desecration of the Koran have been around fro two or three years. And they have also been documented by Human Rights Watch(1.), the Center for Constitutional Rights(2.) and the ICRC(3.)

As for the violence "sparked" by the Newsweek story, on may 12th, General Richard Meyers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, stated that the violence in Afghanistan had little or nothing to do with the Newsweek story.

<blockquote>Myers said an after-action report provided by U.S. Army Lieutenant General Karl Eikenberry, commander of the Combined Forces in Afghanistan, indicated that the political violence was not, in fact, connected to the magazine report.</blockquote>(4.)

Despite this, the Bush administration spun the story (<i>Big surprise that</i>) of violence to suit its own purposes , continuing to state that the Newsweek story sparked the violence. How much longer are y'all gonna continue to uncritically accept whatever excreta this Administration spews? How mch longer are you willing to tolerate US service men and women dying for the lies this Administration spreads?

Citations:

(2.)http://www.ccr-ny.org/v2/legal/september_11th/docs/Guantanamo_composite_statement_FINAL.pdf

(4.)http://usinfo.state.gov/usinfo/Archive/2005/May/12-273892.html?chanlid=wash file
Aw cmon Bully...the documentation you cite is all based on allegations made by the detainees. What do you expect them to say? I have no doubt that initially, the conditions were not exactly the Holiday Inn, but then again I doubt they were naywhere near what the terrorists provide for their prisoners.

I also doubt seriously that the Bush administration tells the MSM what to print or air...and as I remember it was the MSM that first reported the riots as being linked to the Newsweek story.

Bullypulpit said:

Citations:

Ummm, Bully:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=286293&postcount=6

you say the UN is a hotbed of anti-semitism. Then why did kattianne refer to it in order to make her case against Saddam? You can't have it both ways was my point.

I for one am sick of Semites hogging the headlines 365 days a year. The whole world is torn upside down because of them. I just wish my country didn't have to deal with them PERIOD. If Jews cared about what people thought about them they would not be doing what they are doing on the world stage. They defy every UN Resolution and the UN is not the only organzation to condemn Israel - every human rights organization on Earth condemns Israel. Jews think they are more important then everyone else but the last time I looked Arabs are Semites too.

You say Bush tried to get UN support for invading Iraq. Yes he did but then when it refused he went ahead anyway. The leaders of France and Germany goaded Saddam into switching to the Euro and that helped to seal his doom. The Euro is used by millions more people then the dollar. The Petro-dollar circulating around the world is what the US ecomony is based upon. Only by exercising our military might can we stop the EU and China. That explains why bush went against the UN. But that does not make the UN evil and it doesn't make Germany and France evil. It merely means that the US should negotiate a new deal with the petro dollar which is what we have always done with the G-8 and they have been willing to go along with us on these things because we are the world policeman. When bush plowed ahead into Iraq things changed and the world turned against us. Now only our military will protect us and we are fast depleting that because of the policies of the neo-cons and oil men.

Russia bankrupted itself and its military might went capoot. We have a historic multi trillion dollar debt and still spending- whatever happend to that old tirade about tax and spend liberals? Or isn't your dogma consistant?

You say that WMD can be hidden. that is not correct. We have satallite technology and we know who has weapons. We also have Israeli intelligence which is the best in the world. If US intelligence lacked, which it does not, then Israel could tell us what Saddam was doing because their existance depends upon knowing. Furthermore that still doesn't answer the question of deterrance. Nor does it explain why Saddam would be suicidal enough to attack us. Especially after the first gulf war. Your arguments don't make common sense. You suspend disbelief in order to support your dogma. Thats the rightwing for you.

*the most important point however is that our intelligence was not wrong - bush manipulated the intelligence.* google the british memo for more info - that was just recently in the news - guess you missed it - probably wasn't in the daily republican talking points -wonder why.

You say clinton destroyed our intelligence. Gee I don't know why he would want to destroy our intelligence. He actually sat down everyday and read the Presidential Daily Briefing whereas bush had someone read a summary to him. Furthermore Bush received a PDB when he was in TX that stated "bin laden plans to hijack a plane and fly it into a tall building". I guess they should have given a date a time and a building. Bush came back to DC on behalf of Teri shaivo but couldn't be bothered to worry about bin laden. Furthermore the Congress has a say in Intelligence matters and I'm sick of people blaming clinton for everything. George Bush was in offcie on 9/10. He is responsible for bin laden. He is responsbile for intelligence. He is responsible for everything else that happens under his watch. Stop whining and scapegoating clinton for everything.

You scorn my statement regarding Bill Krystal. Obviously you know nothing about PNAC. If you choose not to learn about them thats your choice.

You're still blaming clinton because we don't have bin laden. Unbelievable. At what point does he become Bush's responsibility?

You ask me if bin laden's opinions are supposed to dictate foreign policy. Gee I thought you use 9-11 to justify everything we're doing in the middle east. You are the ones who think his opinions count.

I am merely pointing out that the US is indeed DOING something to anger Arabs. We are funding Israel which is a terrorist and militaristic state which is ethnically cleansing and killing its own citizens that are non-Jewish.

We're not DEFENDING ourselves against Arabs we are already attacking and killing them. They are the ones who are acting in a defensive manner. they have no military to invade and attack so they resort to terrorist acts. but lets not pretend we are innocent victims here.

Israel is the cause of our grief. Israel is the reason every American has a target painted on our backs. Israel is the reason we are bankrupting ourselves and spilling the blood of our children and kissing our futures goodbye.

When Jimmy Carter came up with the idea of a Palestinian homeland he sealed his fate and was sent back to Plains. If he had been sucessful in his efforts 9-11 would never have happened. What right do Jews have to place a target on my back. They may be willing to suffer or die for Israel but I'm not. They only make up 2% of the population but you'd think they founded and built this country. Now they are turning the US into a military terrorist and the whole world is turned against us and fears us. Nobody wants to live in isreal and fairly soon nobody will want anything to do with the US and will cheer when we go down in defeat.

You say the Arabs want to destroy Israel and we are right to arm them or else we would see a holocaust. Well dear we are already seeing a holocaust and we are the ones committing it. I guess as long as its not Jews that are dying then its ok. Thats your opinion, not mine.

You say clinton lied under oath and he should be responsible for obeying laws. Bush never won the election and the Supreme court broke the Constitution when they selected him. Don't lecture me about laws. You have a double standard and you are hypocrites.

You are always telling us we should just "get over it". Perhaps you should stop and think about that because it could always be thrown back in your face someday. The fact that Bush had the office stolen for him and nothing was done about it resulted in his going on to wage a criminal war. Why not? He had already committed a crime and nobody stopped him. Now the republicans are attacking the filibuster. Why not? They ripped up the Constitution and nobody stopped them. So what's next? What is the next thing that will be done with the result that the best advice you can give is that we should "get over it".

The link i gave you was http://www.jewishtribalreview.org/jpower.htm JEWISH TRIBAL REVIEW, NOT THE KKK.

FYI I have completely stopped reading much of the liberal internet because of attacks upon myself and my family because we are southern and Christian. People such as Bill Berkowitz at workingforchange.com, Ben and Jerry's site said that "Chrsitians are the enemies of AMerica" in his column "Christian Watch". this guy gets published but David Duke gets marginilized.

I wrote to him and asked him how it would go over if someone named Billy Bob had a column at a major internet site called "Jew Watch" and called Jews the "enemies of America". they changed the column to Conservative Watch but the writing is still the same. Therefore I am unable to apprecaite your attacks upon Duke and your speech about the KKK. I don't appreciate the double standard. My family has been in the country since the 1700s as with most southern families. We are the descendents of the founding fathers and we have fought every miliary, econmic and political war this country ever had. We built this country. We care about the Constitution. Unlike the neocons. My feeling is if you can dish it out you should be able to take it. And god knows the Jews are good at dishing it out. Look what they did to Mel Gibson. they made a pre-emptive attack on Christians and dragged us thur the mud. If we were as intolerant as their propaganda likes to claim they wouldn't even be here.

Since you like to defend the Jews and use the KKK as your whipping child perhaps you could tell me what the difference is in how Jews treat the Palestinians and how blacks were treated in the south.

If a white cop shot down a little black boy for throwing rocks half of New Jersey and NYC would come south to do their social activism. What Jews are doing in Israel is never discussed however. Wonder why that is? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The next time you need a vile organization to use in order to make a point you should forget about the Klan which is history and use AIPAC. A nest of vipers who spy on the US and are traitors to the US and who use this country to further their own agenda. they make the klan look like a bunch of harmless good ole boys. at least the klan was American.

yeula said:
I find it strange that this whole episode with Newweek happened. It seems to me to be a story that was planted with the hope that it would stir up more chaos and hatred between people and that is exactly what has happened.

Consider
etc etc etc.

Yeula, first, welcome to the board.

Second, while I imagine you have plenty of issues to discuss, please try to stay on topic. We have lots of threads on lots of topics. If you want to talk about the Koran, its alleged desecration, the riots in Afghanistan this caused, etc. etc, go right ahead and discuss in this thread. If you want to rant about how evil Bush is, you are free to start a new thread in a different forum. If you have any questions, please consult the FAQs and the Rules forum at the top of the main page.

Thanks,
Jeff

Arabian said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4525941.stm

is that how you respect the other religions,,
is that how you achive democracy,,
is that what you call freedom,,,
is that how you deal with prisoners in the the presons,,,
what do you call that,,,
yeah but they did apology,,, yeah,,
u know this part remind me when the arab apology for what happened in 11-9
,,, yeah but they were only accused,, but to USA appology wasnt enough they begane the destruction and war in all the arab country... look arround u ,, look at the destruction arround the arab and you will know the USA reaction according to the appology muslims says

You pick a story from a magazine that has admitted that the story was untrue and unsupportable and use it to question the tolerance of the US? Millions of Muslims live and are productive in our society with no attack being made whatsoever.

Unlike the desecration by the Muslims of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, or the Joseph's Tomb desecration, or the attack on the Buddhist site in Afghanistan that marked the passing of the Buddha within the country where Muslims blew up the statues carved into the mountain, those statues had stood for more than 2000 years and were wantonly destroyed by your "tolerant" religious "leaders" that you allow to speak for you.

You people allow them to be leaders of your Mosques, you could vote them out, put in more tolerant and holy leaders but willfully allow them to teach hatred in the name of your religion to bypass the "peaceful" teachings in order that they can promote the most hateful rhetoric to inflame the base masses.

The only responsibility for the hijacking of your religion lies on you, and those of you who not only allow these "leaders" to promote hatred in the name of your religion, but those too who stand silently by in fear as innocents are killed directly against the teaching of the Q'uran that does not allow for innocents to be killed in Allah's name. Those who would take a false story, where those who reported it admit it to be incorrect, and still use it to promote lies about the US and tolerance of other religions at the same time hypocritically supporting egregious attacks on other religions in the name of Allah!

Don't even attempt to get sanctimonious and judgemental here, there is too much far more egregious examples of intolerance that you pass by in silence saying nothing when committed by those of your own religion. Remove the beam from your own eye before attempting to point out the splinter in ours.

Forum List

Back