Kim Potter Found Guilty

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Kim Potter Found Guilty

For those playing along at home, she was the the cop who shot Daunte Wright because she couldn't tell the difference between her gun and her taser.

This is a good thing.

Kim Potter Found Guilty

For those playing along at home, she was the the cop who shot Daunte Wright because she couldn't tell the difference between her gun and her taser.

This is a good thing.

Yeah...cops should be held to a higher standard. Good to see juries getting with the program.

This case was not clear cut, I feel bad for everyone concerned
I feel bad in that this wasn't the kind of malice you saw in other cases, like Chauven, but this is clearly a case where she should have known better.

She got manslaughter instead of murder, she has no record... She's probably going to serve a short sentence.

As opposed to Daunte Wright, who isn't going to get over being dead anytime soon.

Kim Potter Found Guilty

This is a good thing.

Outrageous!!!

Another example of America's racist justice system........

I doubt it will survive appellate scrutiny. If I’m right in that hunch, the bad part for her is that she might have to be imprisoned while awaiting a reversal on appeal. I guess we’ll see sooner or later.
What grounds for appeal?

I feel bad in that this wasn't the kind of malice you saw in other cases, like Chauven, but this is clearly a case where she should have known better.

She got manslaughter instead of murder, she has no record... She's probably going to serve a short sentence.

As opposed to Daunte Wright, who isn't going to get over being dead anytime soon.

I had no bad feeling about Chauvin's verdict, that was clear cut in my mind. It's ones like these that I feel there are no real winners...it won't bring Daunte back, and it I truly think it was unintentional. And yes, police have to be held to a higher standard.

I doubt it will survive appellate scrutiny. If I’m right in that hunch, the bad part for her is that she might have to be imprisoned while awaiting a reversal on appeal. I guess we’ll see sooner or later.
Can't see any grounds for appeal.

Outrageous!!!

Another example of America's racist justice system........

Yes, a cop actually got held accountable for misconduct. Amazing.

I had no bad feeling about Chauvin's verdict, that was clear cut in my mind. It's ones like these that I feel there are no real winners...it won't bring Daunte back, and it I truly think it was unintentional. And yes, police have to be held to a higher standard.

The agrevating factor was that she and her partner pulled Wright over on a pretext. They knew damned well tags were not getting renewed due to Covid, they pulled him over anyway.

What grounds for appeal?
The legal definition of recklessness doesn’t appear to embrace or even consider the mistaking of a gun for a taser. In fact: The converse appears to be true.

There is literally no question that she made the tragic horrifying mistake. The question is whether that particular mistake comports with the legal definition of recklessness. I believe it does not.

If a dolt is playing with a loaded gun (especially knowing that it’s loaded and operable) and stupidly and carelessly fires off some rounds while being unconcerned with the prospect that some living people might be hurt in the process, that’s reckless.

By contrast, here, she had to have both a gun and a taser. She didn’t act recklessly. She made a simple mistake. A tragic one for sure. But just a mistake. By pulling the trigger on the gun (under the mistaken Assumption that she was holding her taser), she didn’t have any reason to believe that anyone was being put at risk of grave injury or death. It wasn’t, in that legal sense, “recklessness” as it is defined in Minnesota’s law.

Because we know that in such thorny legal analyses even judges can make mistakes, there are layers of appellate review. Here, I believe the definition of “recklessness” was either given incorrectly OR the jury failed to apply the actual evidence to the law in a legally acceptable fashion.

I don’t get a vote on their appellate bench. So, we will have to wait and see.

Kim Potter Found Guilty

This is a good thing.
Well at least she wasted that worthless pile of shit

Can't see any grounds for appeal.

Yes, a cop actually got held accountable for misconduct. Amazing.

The agrevating factor was that she and her partner pulled Wright over on a pretext. They knew damned well tags were not getting renewed due to Covid, they pulled him over anyway.
He should havé cooperated and he wouldn't have been accidentally shot

Forum List

Back