Kim Potter Found Guilty

This case will be a lesson for cops nationwide to avoid ugly situations with young black guys, America's Official Sacred Cows.

I don't give a shit what Daunte was up to, future police officers will realize they won't go to prison if they stay on their stool in a donut restaurant instead of hassling blacks.

This city is so screwed. Look for thousands of more cops to retire. She shouldn't have been charged at all for picking the wrong weapon...Maybe the criminal should have thought twice before reaching into cars and living such a crappy life??? Of course, leftist think that is ok. Leftist suck.

Now they're all gonna feel entitled to take off when they get pulled over and have warrants for weapons charges.

The jury got that one wrong.

Kim Potter Found Guilty

For those playing along at home, she was the the cop who shot Daunte Wright because she couldn't tell the difference between her gun and her taser.

This is a good thing.
It is a good thing she was found guilty or a good thing she didn't know the difference?

I doubt it will survive appellate scrutiny. If I’m right in that hunch, the bad part for her is that she might have to be imprisoned while awaiting a reversal on appeal. I guess we’ll see sooner or later.

What grounds they appeal it on

There were four high profile cases coming out of the destructive Negro insurrection that happen last year.

Chauvin, The three guys in Georgia. Rittenhouse and this case. None of them should ever had been charged in the first place but the hate America Negro mob mentality prevailed.

The filthy ass hate mongering Left Wing mob of shitheads won three of the four.

The uneducated Moon Bat assholes can rejoice. Just another nail in the coffin of this once great country.

Just another example of how fucked up our country has become because of the destruction done by the Left.

When I first heard about this case I didn't have any sympathy for a female police officer that it looked like she was incompetent. Probably an affirmative action hire that had no business being a police officer.

However, after seeing the trial I came to the conclusion that she was a good competent officer. The type of female officer that any police department would be lucky to have. A good person that was justified in shooting the Negro asshole.

The person that caused the death was the filthy Negro shithead thug, not Kim Potter.

After listening to all the evidence in the trial if I had been on the jury I never would have agreed to the guilty verdict. It would have been a not guilty verdict or a hung jury if the confused dumbass Libtards on the jury would insist on guilty.

The downside of this is that this another slam at the police that are hired to protect the community. The mob thugs got a big boost with this and the community will suffer.

Minneapolis has become a real lawless shithole and this will make it even worse.

When the Moon Bats and Negros win America loses.

What grounds they appeal it on
Read back a few posts I answered here already. (#19). Kim Potter Found Guilty

By the way, whenever any criminal defendant is tried and convicted, having a good appellate issue can be a God-send. But even having a good, solid, preserved appellate issue (or appellate “point”) doesn’t guarantee a reversal on appeal on any appellate level.

Last edited:
The legal definition of recklessness doesn’t appear to embrace or even consider the mistaking of a gun for a taser. In fact: The converse appears to be true.

There is literally no question that she made the tragic horrifying mistake. The question is whether that particular mistake comports with the legal definition of recklessness. I believe it does not.

If a dolt is playing with a loaded gun (especially knowing that it’s loaded and operable) and stupidly and carelessly fires off some rounds while being unconcerned with the prospect that some living people might be hurt in the process, that’s reckless.

By contrast, here, she had to have both a gun and a taser. She didn’t act recklessly. She made a simple mistake. A tragic one for sure. But just a mistake. By pulling the trigger on the gun (under the mistaken Assumption that she was holding her taser), she didn’t have any reason to believe that anyone was being put at risk of grave injury or death. It wasn’t, in that legal sense, “recklessness” as it is defined in Minnesota’s law.

Because we know that in such thorny legal analyses even judges can make mistakes, there are layers of appellate review. Here, I believe the definition of “recklessness” was either given incorrectly OR the jury failed to apply the actual evidence to the law in a legally acceptable fashion.

I don’t get a vote on their appellate bench. So, we will have to wait and see.

She did not have to be reckless, just being negligent and causing a death is enough to qualify for manslaughter...and she was clearly that

The legal definition of recklessness doesn’t appear to embrace or even consider the mistaking of a gun for a taser. In fact: The converse appears to be true.

There is literally no question that she made the tragic horrifying mistake. The question is whether that particular mistake comports with the legal definition of recklessness. I believe it does not.

If a dolt is playing with a loaded gun (especially knowing that it’s loaded and operable) and stupidly and carelessly fires off some rounds while being unconcerned with the prospect that some living people might be hurt in the process, that’s reckless.

By contrast, here, she had to have both a gun and a taser. She didn’t act recklessly. She made a simple mistake. A tragic one for sure. But just a mistake. By pulling the trigger on the gun (under the mistaken Assumption that she was holding her taser), she didn’t have any reason to believe that anyone was being put at risk of grave injury or death. It wasn’t, in that legal sense, “recklessness” as it is defined in Minnesota’s law.

Because we know that in such thorny legal analyses even judges can make mistakes, there are layers of appellate review. Here, I believe the definition of “recklessness” was either given incorrectly OR the jury failed to apply the actual evidence to the law in a legally acceptable fashion.

I don’t get a vote on their appellate bench. So, we will have to wait and see.
Fox News is having a duck hissy that the shooting was "unintentional." How the hell does anybody know that? There is zero simularity between a taser and a firearm; the shooting could easily have been intentional.

Can't see any grounds for appeal.

Yes, a cop actually got held accountable for misconduct. Amazing.

The agrevating factor was that she and her partner pulled Wright over on a pretext. They knew damned well tags were not getting renewed due to Covid, they pulled him over anyway.

He had an outstanding warrant for his arrest.

I feel sorry for everyone involved. I would of found her guilty of the second count. She is not a killer.

My deepest sympathies to the former officer and her family.

I hope that she can afford the best attorneys when it comes to sentencing and the appeal.

Cops should learn from this case: Just let perps flee.

They are not worth losing one's job over.

Besides, those perps often cross another perp, and POW!

She did not have to be reckless, just being negligent and causing a death is enough to qualify for manslaughter...and she was clearly that
She was convicted of recklessness. Therefore there had to have been proper legal instructions on what that means in Minnesota law and there had to have been facts establishing it or the jury verdict should be reversed.

Ditto for negligence.

Last edited:
My deepest sympathies to the former officer and her family.

I hope that she can afford the best attorneys when it comes to sentencing and the appeal.

Cops should learn from this case: Just let perps flee.

They are not worth losing one's job over.

Besides, those perps often cross another perp, and POW!

Or maybe learn the difference between a taser and a pistol.

Forum List

Back