Kim Jong Un accepts Trump's invitation to Washington: report

Let me get this straight: we got tons of concessions and a real commitment from Iran, but that deal was bad. We get no concessions or real commitment from North Korea, and this is good??? Huh?

you don't get it.

trump feels it's good, so all the anal remoras that support him know it's good.

Let me get this straight: we got tons of concessions and a real commitment from Iran, but that deal was bad. We get no concessions or real commitment from North Korea, and this is good??? Huh?

What concessions did we get from Iran? We gave them billions...

What Trump did here was begin a dialogue, not finish a deal...

Maybe RocketMan has finally figured out what he is missing all over the world instead of being hidden in his kingdom...and wants to party? lol

Did you miss the memo? It's no longer Rocket Man, it's friend, strong leader and 'he's a funny guy'.
Why are you upset that he and Trump seem to be getting along?

I don't like my presidents to be too chummy with dictators giving them propaganda wins and raising their international stature.

North Korea hasn't earned the right to meet with a U.S President, Just like Russia doesn't deserve to be in the G8, it was charity that they were there in the first place.

FDR called Stalin “Uncle Joe”...

Fact is there are countries out there with dictatorships & little personal freedom. We still have to live with them whether we like it or not...

Well, without 'Uncle Joe' (named so by the media, not FDR) we would have been in deep shit so I guess we got something out of that, didn't we? What have we gotten from Kim? Nada.

What concessions did we get from Iran?

And how are hostage releases, two meetings over the DMZ between Moon and Kim, a total cease of missile tests and a signed agreement on denuclearization not concessions? Especially when the only thing given in return (and only yesterday) is a cessation of war games, which weren't scheduled until next year anyway?

It seems for real this time. I think North Korea is beginning a new chapter.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has accepted President Trump's invitation to visit Washington, D.C., North Korea's Korean Central News Agency reported Tuesday evening.

The news comes after the two leaders met for an historic summit in Singapore earlier Tuesday, signing a document committing the U.S. to unspecified "security guarantees" in exchange for a denuclearized Korean Peninsula.
I wonder if we can get Kim's college transcripts.

Maybe RocketMan has finally figured out what he is missing all over the world instead of being hidden in his kingdom...and wants to party? lol

Did you miss the memo? It's no longer Rocket Man, it's friend, strong leader and 'he's a funny guy'.

I don't like my presidents to be too chummy with dictators giving them propaganda wins and raising their international stature.

North Korea hasn't earned the right to meet with a U.S President, Just like Russia doesn't deserve to be in the G8, it was charity that they were there in the first place.

Fact is there are countries out there with dictatorships & little personal freedom. We still have to live with them whether we like it or not...

Well, without 'Uncle Joe' (named so by the media, not FDR) we would have been in deep shit so I guess we got something out of that, didn't we? What have we gotten from Kim? Nada.

Yes we got a Cold War & the threat of nuclear annihilation from Uncle Joe. Great deal there!

I honestly don’t get you lefties sometimes. You say no war under any circumstances but you’re against dilplomacy because Trump happens to be the one doing it.

There was no “deal” made in Singapore. There was only a framework started.

This is how countries conduct business. Not every country is a model of Jeffersonian Democracy, but guess what, we have to find a way to get along. Having some stability on the peninsula would help us immensely.

"Trump is a deal-maker. He is a businessman who has brought a life time's experience of doing deals and persuasion. He chose a dynamic, personal approach that none of his predecessors have done in the past." - Australian PM

Progressives can’t handle trump in any aspect, his very existence triggers them endlessly...

/——/ Oh you mean getting chummy with dictators like this?
View attachment 198135

Yeah, I have no problem with establishing relations with Cuba, it's not like Obama was singing the praises of the Castro regime. Raul is about to drop dead, most of the rest of the world already had relations with Cuba so for us to stay out was a waste of time, we could have been much more influential. And then there is that little thing about Cuba no longer even remotely being a threat to us.
/——/ Obozo does it —Good
Trump does it - Bad

No, hopefully Trump will continue to normalize relations with Cuba, I doubt he will but it'd be the right thing to attempt.
/——/ He May Now that the world sees Trump as a tough negotiator

If President Trump thinks making peace with North Korea and record setting low unemployment is going to help him win in November against blockbuster issues like transgender bathrooms and net neutrality and Paris Climate accords, he's crazy.

Not long ago the drum beats of War were making the beat. Japan was preparing to beef up it's military and were warning that more shots fired into the Sea of Japan would lead to War.....................

And now the missiles are silent................possible deal to end the nukes there..............

Which would you rather have..................War or a possible Peace..........

Seems the left now wants War...............Perhaps we should have blown some shit up ..............then they might want Peace again.

I hate

North Korea hasn't earned the right to meet with a U.S President...

On what basis?

Every basis?

That won't do, sorry.

Exactly what criteria do you think is requisite?

For starters to account for and return all hostages they are keeping from other countries. While were at it a release of all political prisoners. A pledge to stop enriching uranium or buying it and setting up a system of verification. Hell, just verifying where their nuclear facilities are and allowing for the international community to confirm would be nice.

A meeting with a sitting U.S. president should be a reward merely because it's something they want. Now that card is off the table and we got nothing for it.

Now can you please return from fantasy-land and name one successful peace deal with a nuclear-armed enemy which has been achieved with the same criteria before a meeting of the leaders took place.

Let me save you the trouble. You can't.

You seem to regard the office of the presidency with some sort of holy reverence, as if the president of the U.S. is some messiah whose hand must be kissed after a proper amount of groveling. As if he or she should only deign to bestow their presence upon the wholly repentant.

No. The president is the elected leader of a republic whose office affords certain powers, and there are many ways to use those power wisely... or not so wisely. In this case, the president has, as a starter, secured return of US prisoners, the cessation of missile tests, and a signed denuclearization agreement. If it's not honored, it's not honored and back to square one. That's the worst-case scenario. If it is honored, then what you detailed will happen in due course.

Tell me... do you really, honestly think that Kim Jong Un would free every prisoner, totally denuclearize, throw open his borders and let everyone in just so he can meet the president of the US?

It's a good thing that Trump doesn't actually have the God complex so many attribute to him, or he might actually structure his foreign policy on that basis. You seem to think he should.

Yes we got a Cold War & the threat of nuclear annihilation from Uncle Joe. Great deal there!

So, what should we have done? Are you really wanting to blame FDR for the rise of the USSR? That's batshit crazy considering he died before the end of the war. What would you have had us do? At least we won the war thanks to the help of all our allies, we got something there.

I honestly don’t get you lefties sometimes. You say no war under any circumstances but you’re against dilplomacy because Trump happens to be the one doing it.

For starters, I don't know anyone who says 'no war under any circumstances', we just don't like bullshit wars over fake WMDs or starting an unproductive twitter spat that we will most likely see again.

I'm also not against diplomacy or negotiating with North Korea, I certainly don't know anyone who has said that except for the Trumpists here who wanted to nuke North Korea during that whole idiotic 'rocketman' shit.

There was no “deal” made in Singapore. There was only a framework started.

No shit. Once again, nobody is claiming a deal was made. What was made is that we gave Kim his globa debutante ball for which Kim will use for his own propaganda purposes like we always knew they would. We also apparently without South Korea's knowledge and tipping off China have decided stop our military training with our ally on the peninsula, according to Trump those military exercises are 'provocative' which is exactly what North Korea had been calling them for years. Trump literally used North Korea's words of propaganda.

As a bonus we get to hear the President of the United States tell the world that Kim loves his people, another propaganda win for NK. Not to mention that Kim is also smart, funny and a strong leader. All Kim had to do to get this is sign a fucking piece of paper saying they will work towards denucleariztion, even though they've already done that in the past and broke their word.

This is how countries conduct business. Not every country is a model of Jeffersonian Democracy, but guess what, we have to find a way to get along. Having some stability on the peninsula would help us immensely.

This is not how countries conduct business with rogue dictatorships who have broken every promise, starved, tortured and murdered it's own people. Kidnapped citizens from Japan and South Korea on their own land and fired missiles over our allies and threatened nuclear destruction.

We have to find a way to get along, that's funny. Why not just let North Korea do whatever it wants, so far that appears to be Trump's plan. Why not just open up trade now? That's a way to 'get along', isn't it?

/——/ Oh you mean getting chummy with dictators like this?
View attachment 198135

Yeah, I have no problem with establishing relations with Cuba, it's not like Obama was singing the praises of the Castro regime. Raul is about to drop dead, most of the rest of the world already had relations with Cuba so for us to stay out was a waste of time, we could have been much more influential. And then there is that little thing about Cuba no longer even remotely being a threat to us.
/——/ Obozo does it —Good
Trump does it - Bad

No, hopefully Trump will continue to normalize relations with Cuba, I doubt he will but it'd be the right thing to attempt.
/——/ He May Now that the world sees Trump as a tough negotiator

Where is the tough part?

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has accepted President Trump's invitation to visit Washington, D.C., North Korea's Korean Central News Agency reported Tuesday evening.

The news comes after the two leaders met for an historic summit in Singapore earlier Tuesday, signing a document committing the U.S. to unspecified "security guarantees" in exchange for a denuclearized Korean Peninsula.

Leftist anuses are prolapsing across America right now.

It's proven again that leftist faggotry never works and that Reagan's and now Trump's "peace through strength" doctrine works. How much closer are we to day of the rope for radical left?

What Trump did with Norks is justification for our beliefs and it's solid proof that it works. Leftist could not pull diplomatic move like this. All they know is how to re-distribute gibs and "empower" psychotic hateful freaks.

Not long ago the drum beats of War were making the beat. Japan was preparing to beef up it's military and were warning that more shots fired into the Sea of Japan would lead to War.....................

And now the missiles are silent................possible deal to end the nukes there..............

Which would you rather have..................War or a possible Peace..........

Seems the left now wants War...............Perhaps we should have blown some shit up ..............then they might want Peace again.

I hate

North Korea hasn't earned the right to meet with a U.S President...

On what basis?

Every basis?

That won't do, sorry.

Exactly what criteria do you think is requisite?

For starters to account for and return all hostages they are keeping from other countries. While were at it a release of all political prisoners. A pledge to stop enriching uranium or buying it and setting up a system of verification. Hell, just verifying where their nuclear facilities are and allowing for the international community to confirm would be nice.

A meeting with a sitting U.S. president should be a reward merely because it's something they want. Now that card is off the table and we got nothing for it.

Now can you please return from fantasy-land and name one successful peace deal with a nuclear-armed enemy which has been achieved with the same criteria before a meeting of the leaders took place.

What I gave were examples specif to North Korea. Iran has done more than North Korea has and it didn't require a presidential summit. The USSR has done more than North Korea, they had curbed their arsenal. Trust but verify, remember?

Let me save you the trouble. You can't.

I think I just did.

You seem to regard the office of the presidency with some sort of holy reverence, as if the president of the U.S. is some messiah whose hand must be kissed after a proper amount of groveling. As if he or she should only deign to bestow their presence upon the wholly repentant.

With North Korea it almost is. They have always wanted to be recognized as equal with the United States. We just gave them a real face full of that imagery they can use on their own people. This wasn't a secret, it was well known. Hell, it was used as an example in 2008 by both Hillary Clinton and Republicans when they were running against Obama when he had stated he'd be willing to meet with leaders of hostile countries. You don't remember Hannity bringing this up?

MHStImPAJeya5mhs38xRov5-jr32Zxd3n8_o_-fNGpiVSawBjYAPoepYDYCannEgXIrIfpHmn-wAckDcatOte13Fkf2DJZxaeurpjyHdf43Bdp2fq7Bs66iUrTVlP5ZpTu32DCJ6

No. The president is the elected leader of a republic whose office affords certain powers, and there are many ways to use those power wisely... or not so wisely. In this case, the president has, as a starter, secured return of US prisoners, the cessation of missile tests, and a signed denuclearization agreement. If it's not honored, it's not honored and back to square one. That's the worst-case scenario. If it is honored, then what you detailed will happen in due course.

We've had prisoners returned to every recent President without sucking up to North Korea's leader. Missile tests, shit, they done ruined their testing facility and they don't have an unlimited number of missiles, this is a very poor country, remember?

They did not sign a denuclearization agreement, they signed a piece of paper with a vague notion of what exactly denuclearization even means. We've also gone down this road with them before and they broke that agreement.Why is now so different? Because Kim got the opportunity to hold hands with Trump?

Tell me... do you really, honestly think that Kim Jong Un would free every prisoner, totally denuclearize, throw open his borders and let everyone in just so he can meet the president of the US?

I gave several examples of what we could ask for. One of those things would be to have them release all political prisoners, maybe we wouldn't get all of that, perhaps there would be a compromise. But, we had something of value and it's now lost for nothing.

It's a good thing that Trump doesn't actually have the God complex so many attribute to him, or he might actually structure his foreign policy on that basis. You seem to think he should.

Everything appears to revolve around Trump and how it makes him look. Hell, he even said to you that if this summit was a mistake he wouldn't admit to it, he literally said that.

All that happened is that the orange imbecile gave the little dictator the weight and gravitas of the US. Ijits.

Forum List

Back