Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey, he's like Star Jones..."I'm a lawyah." :) Hahaha.

Anyway, that doesn't excuse his inability to recognize the fact that innocent people still get put on death row regardless of the appeals process.

innocent people are incarcerated every day....fatty arbucle....and murders go free every day...... oj......but to abolish the death peantly because you are afraid that a mistake may be made is gutless.....with that logic we should do away with all laws as some innocent man may go to jail.....oh and my family has fought the fight to protect the innocent....what have you done but bitch and insult people

http://www.haroldguyette.com/tidbits.htm

MissileMan said:
Gotta disagree there...if they serve the court appointed punishment, then they paid their debt.

They may have served their time, but their debt isn't paid to the family of the victim.

It can never be paid.

Hagbard Celine said:
Uh, going to jail for life, eating prison food, getting raped by men, wearing orange everyday, and being given a view of the world that's passing you by is a pretty big punishment in my book.

This is where we differ HC............the death penalty is not about punishment. It's about justice.

GotZoom said:
They may have served their time, but their debt isn't paid to the family of the victim.

It can never be paid.

Their debt isn't to the family though, it's to society and sentencing guidelines are in place to repay the debt to society. I'm sure most victims of crime never feel that the person who offended against them got a severe enough punishment.

Hagbard Celine said:
Uh, going to jail for life, eating prison food, getting raped by men, wearing orange everyday, and being given a view of the world that's passing you by is a pretty big punishment in my book.

have you eaten prison food?

not all death row inmates, in fact most don't have contact with other inmates, unless they choose, so getting raped would be tough?

they do not all wear orange?

should scott peterson still be alive?

kurtsprincess said:
This is where we differ HC............the death penalty is not about punishment. It's about justice.

And if used properly could be an effective deterrent.

MissileMan said:
Their debt isn't to the family though, it's to society and sentencing guidelines are in place to repay the debt to society. I'm sure most victims of crime never feel that the person who offended against them got a severe enough punishment.

Bingo!

That is because they don't get severe enough punishment.

MissileMan said:

when someone is taken from you..... nothing will fix it.....nothing.....not even when the one that took it from you is put to death.....unfortunately your torment, sorrow and lose will continue until you die.....i only hope none of you every get to experience....knowing they are dead and can not hurt anyone else is comforting

manu1959 said:
have you eaten prison food?

not all death row inmates, in fact most don't have contact with other inmates, unless they choose, so getting raped would be tough?

they do not all wear orange?

should scott peterson still be alive?

Scott Peterson...some forget that he was involved with the disappearance and murder of a co-ed at the University of San Luis Obispo...prior to his marriage with "Lacy"...in this old law enf ofcr's opinion he was nothing more than a serial killer in training...getting very good...until the "Lacy" case....justice was late... but better late than never! :coffee3:

MissileMan said:

Used properly? Perhaps less time between sentencing and execution? The lenghty appeals process is not much of a deterrent.

We have a local man who has been arrested seven times over the years for DUI and earlier this year he was once again driving home drunk and hit a bicyclist from behind and killed her.

I say he should be executed immediately and take the money used for his trial and appeals process and hand it over to his family.

How's that for being used properly?

yes i would chose that life over death....however, murders do not give their victims that choice...and society should hold them accountable for their actions....society should take the same civil rights from them that they took from their victims....

It's a given that murderers have no right to take their victim's life, but what right does society have to take the life of the murderer?

kurtsprincess said:
Used properly? Perhaps less time between sentencing and execution? The lenghty appeals process is not much of a deterrent.

We have a local man who has been arrested seven times over the years for DUI and earlier this year he was once again driving home drunk and hit a bicyclist from behind and killed her.

I say he should be executed immediately and take the money used for his trial and appeals process and hand it over to his family.

Maybe the local DMV should have taken away his license before he had the opportunity to kill the bicyclist? Why is driving considered a sacred right in this country? Our attachment to automobiles has a sick side and this is a good example.

This is extreme. It's certainly not permittable to execute someone for manslaughter, even when there is negligence involved.

manu1959 said:
when someone is taken from you..... nothing will fix it.....nothing.....not even when the one that took it from you is put to death.....unfortunately your torment, sorrow and lose will continue until you die.....i only hope none of you every get to experience....knowing they are dead and can not hurt anyone else is comforting

The family of the victims are not the only ones who suffer. The family of the murderers also suffer.

My brother killed three women over 20 years ago. He did not get the death penalty; he should have.

Maybe the local DMV should have taken away his license before he had the opportunity to kill the bicyclist? Why is driving considered a sacred right in this country? Our attachment to automobiles has a sick side and this is a good example.

I would like to take a moment to jack the thread and make a petition for more trains and other forms of public transportation in this country.

Nuc said:
Which is why sex offenders should never be released back into society.

never.....is too absolute.....some have re-entered society and not relapsed and been productive...others have not ..... every case is unique ..... the dude that chopped the girls arms off and raped her....he should stay in.

at the end of the day for me.... i agree with you and this is why

stealing a child's childhood is akin to murder for me so life without parloe would be ok with me.....

i can tell you this if some one does that to my children...they will wish that the penalty was death.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Nuc said:
I would guess his license had been revoked. It may surprise you, but those irresponsible enough to do this twice, just might not care about the loss of license and insurance. Ya think?

MissileMan said:
This reminded me of something.

When I taught for the US Army flight school I had some Saudi students.
Yes we trained many of them.. Anyway I ask them about their public executions, the beheadings and if it was effective deterrent or not on the crime rate. The response was a resounding YES.

Forum List

Back