Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

Mr. P said:
Really? A Lib started this thread? Oh my...Abbey? :eek:

you referred to 39 other threads...why pick on "My Girl" abbey? I really like the skirt issue she brought up...were ya asleep at the controls then?

archangel said:
you referred to 39 other threads...why pick on "My Girl" abbey? I really like the skirt issue she brought up...were ya asleep at the controls then?
I didn't read all the thread, sorry..I'm sure it has all been covered in the 500 posts on the subject..I don't remember a skirt though...Hummm

mistakes are always made....pro life because the child deserves a chance....pro death peanalty because when you take away all the rights of another person you should pay the same price.

I'm sorry, but those are pretty damn big mistakes. A system that allows for execution that is as flawed as ours is, allows for you or me or anybody to be found guilty of a crime they didn't commit and be executed for nothing. That's just too big of a chance to take.

Yes, there are some cases where innocent people are found gulty, but despite all the attention they get in the media, they are the exception.

You make it sound like a bad thing that these cases get attention in the media. It's a big deal when somebody is found guilty and sentenced to death for something they didn't do.

Mr. P said:
I didn't read all the thread, sorry..I'm sure it has all been covered in the 500 posts on the subject..I don't remember a skirt though...Hummm

she showed a little humor and said something about "Hiking up the skirt",makeup and hair...really funny stuff and caught the attention of this old jock...conservatives have a great sense of humor...and can change the subject from time to time away from gay rights and back to reality!

Hagbard Celine said:
I'm sorry, but those are pretty damn big mistakes. A system that allows for execution that is as flawed as ours is, allows for you or me or anybody to be found guilty of a crime they didn't commit and be executed for nothing. That's just too big of a chance to take.

You make it sound like a bad thing that these cases get attention in the media. It's a big deal when somebody is found guilty and sentenced to death for something they didn't do.

bullshit....that is why there is an appeals process...my entire family is criminal defence attorneys....your argument is crap....

i don't make it sound like anything....i don't care what they media says nor what you belive.....

if you kill someone and if you are found guilty you should die.

should charles mason still be alive?

links to cases...http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=573007

manu1959 said:
bullshit....that is why there is an appeals process...my entire family is criminal defence attorneys....your argument is crap....

i don't make it sound like anything....i don't care what they media says nor what you belive.....

if you kill someone and if you are found guilty you should die.

should charles mason still be alive?

is Charlie dead? I worked for LAPD during the time of his reign..and when he and his were arrested...did I miss something...he is now dead? not in prison!

Abbey Normal said:
Refer to my last post if you are confused about why I started this thread. Abortion was focused on in Post #3 , by MissileMan.

Excuse me??????

My post addressed all 3 of the issues you brought up in the original post and was not focused on abortion.

MissileMan said:
Excuse me??????

My post addressed all 3 of the issues you brought up in the original post and was not focused on abortion.

now go away...Pa' lease!

archangel said:
is Charlie dead? I worked for LAPD during the time of his reign..and when he and his were arrested...did I miss something...he is now dead? not in prison!

as far as i know charlie is still alive....he reads, he breaths, he writes letters, he laughs, he crys, he has views of the san francisco skyline

sharon tate is dead.......chuck made a mistake yet he still draws breath

Being related to attorneys doesn't qualify you to practice law Manny because if it did I wouldn't be planning on going to lawschool next year. My dad's an attorney, so what?

Cases of innocent people being put on death row still happen regardless of the appeals process or what you "believe."

US News Death Penalty Stuff

And I know this won't matter to you, but look at the world map depicting global use of the death penalty. See what company we keep?

Wikipedia Capital Punishment

manu1959 said:
as far as i know charlie is still alive....he reads, he breaths, he writes letters, he laughs, he crys, he has views of the san francisco skyline

sharon tate is dead.......chuck made a mistake yet he still draws breath

I booked him into Van Nuys division jail...one weird dude to say the least..ya know what his entire killing rampage was all about...he was mad because one (not going to say who) of the "Beach Boys" refused to grant him a co-author record/recording deal...simple yet extremely stupid! This guy was a total reject from day one!

Hagbard Celine said:
Being related to attorneys doesn't qualify you to practice law Manny because if it did I wouldn't be planning on going to lawschool next year. My dad's an attorney, so what?

Cases of innocent people being put on death row still happen regardless of the appeals process or what you "believe."

And I know this won't matter to you, but look at the world map depicting global use of the death penalty. See what company we keep?

being one does wise ass......

guilty people that have commited murder live.....to let thousands not be held accountable for their actions because of a fear that they might be innocent....well crap then lets let them all go ....nobody goes to jail for anything beacuse it is possible that they may not be guitly...grow some balls and hold you fellow man accountable for their actions

Hagbard Celine said:

LOL...didn't your Dad teach you that according to them "Their ALL innocent"?

Forum List

Back