Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

Hagbard Celine said:
Being related to attorneys doesn't qualify you to practice law Manny because if it did I wouldn't be planning on going to lawschool next year. My dad's an attorney, so what?

Cases of innocent people being put on death row still happen regardless of the appeals process or what you "believe."

US News Death Penalty Stuff

And I know this won't matter to you, but look at the world map depicting global use of the death penalty. See what company we keep?

Wikipedia Capital Punishment

cause if ya can...Manu has posted several times in here that he was a attorney....doh!

guilty people that have commited murder live.....to let thousands not be held accountable for their actions because of a fear that they might be innocent....well crap then lets let them all go ....nobody goes to jail for anything beacuse it is possible that they may not be guitly...grow some balls and hold you fellow man accountable for their actions

Uh, going to jail for life, eating prison food, getting raped by men, wearing orange everyday, and being given a view of the world that's passing you by is a pretty big punishment in my book.

archangel said:
cause if ya can...Manu has posted several times in here that he was a attorney....doh!

architect by profession architectural contract law is legal expertise.....

my question still stands....should charles manson draw breath? richard alan davis?

Hey, he's like Star Jones..."I'm a lawyah." :) Hahaha.

Anyway, that doesn't excuse his inability to recognize the fact that innocent people still get put on death row regardless of the appeals process.

Hagbard Celine said:
Hey, he's like Star Jones..."I'm a lawyah." :) Hahaha.

Anyway, that doesn't excuse his inability to recognize the fact that innocent people still get put on death row regardless of the appeals process.

If you think going through 3 years of law school and saying you are a lawyer is so laughable, why are you planning to go?

Hagbard Celine said:
Uh, going to jail for life, eating prison food, getting raped by men, wearing orange everyday, and being given a view of the world that's passing you by is a pretty big punishment in my book.
Oh if it was as simple as that...I might agree..
You forgot the Cable TV the work-out equipment the medical care, library, education opportunity etc..etc...Jail isn't a nightmare.

manu1959 said:

my question still stands....should charles manson draw breath? richard alan davis?

It's the "no doubters" that are still breathing that is the main problem...those who got caught red-handed (pun intended) or admitted their crime should not be lounging in a warm room with three squares a day. They should have immediately gone to the rope.

Hagbard Celine said:

yes i would chose that life over death....however, murders do not give their victims that choice...and society should hold them accountable for their actions....society should take the same civil rights from them that they took from their victims....

manu1959 said:
yes i would chose that life over death....however, murders do not give their victims that choice...and society should hold them accountable for their actions....society should take the same civil rights from them that they took from their victims....

So what do you think of the Pope, Dalai Lama and other high ranking people who oppose the death penalty?

Nuc said:
So what do you think of the Pope, Dalai Lama and other high ranking people who oppose the death penalty?

When they become U.S. citizens, they can have a voice in how to run our legal system...until then...

Hagbard Celine said:
This can easily be turned around. Why are so many conservatives who claim to be "pro-life" for the execution of prisoners, especially when there have been cases of innocent people being executed?

Well, turn the argument around again..........to your point about aborting an "innocent" fetus because they could be too expensive, or unwanted, can be applied to death row inmates.....they are too expensive to keep alive.

Which side do you think has more "innocents"......the unborn babies or the convicted felons?

MissileMan said:
It's the "no doubters" that are still breathing that is the main problem...those who got caught red-handed (pun intended) or admitted their crime should not be lounging in a warm room with three squares a day. They should have immediately gone to the rope.

exactly.....the no doubters should be wacked....the maybes discussed at length...and damn this is dodgy just comute it to life.....but don't let the charles mansons live just beacuse you are worried that some other dude may be innocent

manu1959 said:

I would say to this question...If I had my way...he would never have made it to court....geez this guy was a whack job to say the least! Ritchie...maybe!

Hagbard Celine said:

Those poor inmates.

Until they stick them in a 6X6 cell, a bucket for their bathroom, one meal a day, no tv, no radio, no magazines, no gym, no library, nothing - they stay in their cell 24/7; until they do this, then put them to death.

Don't talk to me about letting them go (parole) because they "paid their debt to society" when the person they murdered is still dead.

When someone is still suffering from the crime - be it a family whose loved one was murdered, a rape victim, etc...then there is no such thing as having "paid your debt to society.

manu1959 said:
I take the view that the DP is to ensure that the killer never does so again. I don't worry about rehabbing them or deterring others. I simply wish to correct the aberrant behaviour in the quickest most cost effective manner possible.

Nuc said:
I think they are great people who are misguided.

Nuc said:

They are not US citizens...not a fan of world court!

GotZoom said:
When someone is still suffering from the crime - be it a family whose loved one was murdered, a rape victim, etc...then there is no such thing as having "paid your debt to society.

Gotta disagree there...if they serve the court appointed punishment, then they paid their debt.

Forum List

Back