Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

Mr. P said:
You missed this part...Stay away! :bat:

You guys are too old for her anyway.

Hey, I'm young, and I look even younger. Besides, how dangerous can a guy be who managed to get all the way through high school without letting a girl kiss him? And don't laugh. I make music with my lips (trumpet). These babies are sacred and must be earned. ;)

Guys, she's 17...sorry.

Oh before you ask how she could enter as a Sophomore I'll tell you...She is in college now, joint enrollment to complete her senior hs year and get credit for 1 yr college.

Mr. P said:
Guys, she's 17...sorry.

Oh before you ask how she could enter as a Sophomore I'll tell you...She is in college now, joint enrollment to complete her senior hs year and get credit for 1 yr college.

Dang, guess that's a bust...until she's 30...

Hobbit said:
Hey, I'm young, and I look even younger. Besides, how dangerous can a guy be who managed to get all the way through high school without letting a girl kiss him? And don't laugh. I make music with my lips (trumpet). These babies are sacred and must be earned. ;)

Plus you smell like trumpet oil. (And no that is not a draw for most women, this comes from experience I too played the trumpet.)

no1tovote4 said:
Plus you smell like trumpet oil. (And no that is not a draw for most women, this comes from experience I too played the trumpet.)

Just gotta be sure to clean up after playing. That, and don't spill valve oil everywhere. I still remember being able to play my trumpet at the homecoming game, then not only being able to pick up a dance partner at the homecoming dance, but one off the homecoming court.

Hobbit said:
Just gotta be sure to clean up after playing. That, and don't spill valve oil everywhere. I still remember being able to play my trumpet at the homecoming game, then not only being able to pick up a dance partner at the homecoming dance, but one off the homecoming court.

Spanking the monkey, playing my trumpet, call it what you like.

no1tovote4 said:

Au contrare! I was always attracted to Trumpet players, and even married one. They do have the best lips. :)

BBC Online
Sci/Tech

...The physics of brass instruments are not well understood, said Dr Murray Campbell, in the University of Edinburgh's Acoustics Group.

"You'd be surprised how little is known about the relationship between what a brass player does with their lips, what the instrument tries to do and the note that actually comes out," he said...

Woodwind instruments have a vibrating reed in the mouthpiece but in brass instruments a player's lips are the oscillating device that creates the note. The lips force vibrating air through a funnel-shaped mouthpiece into the resonant tube of the instrument.

But the relationship between the shape of the lips and the note produced by the instrument is complex. Changes in lip vibration do not produce proportional changes in the note. "It's strongly non-linear," said Dr Campbell, whose work is published in New Scientist magazine....

..."There is one very interesting feature which is not yet fully understood called "lipping". Just by adjusting the way that you set your lips on a trumpet's mouthpiece, as well as the tension of the lips and the way you blow, you can change the note quite a lot.

"A good player can change it by several tones but exactly what the player is doing is not clear. Some people think its down to the tension of the lips, others think it's the shape of your mouth and the position of your tongue and that's just the kind of thing we are researching."...

Forum List

Back