keys to the kingdom

But both of you claim to know the "Truth" and that the other is wrong. By my recollection there was a challenge in the OT between the false prophets and the one true prophet. How do we go about arranging a similar contest today? :cool:

LOL... Great idea, but what do you think has already been happening?

What did you have in mind? casting out demons, fire from the sky, or the resurrection of the dead?

Do you really need further proof that 'the word' has already been proven a false prophet?

:doubt:

say it ain't so....

Didn't the :cool: icon tell you that I was joking? TW is :cuckoo: in my opinion.

But both of you claim to know the "Truth" and that the other is wrong. By my recollection there was a challenge in the OT between the false prophets and the one true prophet. How do we go about arranging a similar contest today? :cool:

What did you have in mind? casting out demons, fire from the sky, or the resurrection of the dead?

Do you really need further proof that 'the word' has already been proven a false prophet?

say it ain't so....

Didn't the :cool: icon tell you that I was joking? TW is :cuckoo: in my opinion.

Phew. I was beginning to think you were only interested in derision.

why not continue in the direction you said you thought might be useful?

say it ain't so....

Because I am still thinking about it. Got to admit that I am not coming up with anything so perhaps we should try another tack and come back to that later.

Genesis 3
24: He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

The symbolic cherubim and flaming sword is difficult for a sinner to understand. To a saint, everything is understood.

I thought you just said that if a person believes scripture they will be deceived of the Truth.

Doesn't that mean if someone listens to your bullshit interpretation of scripture they will be deceived? What is the point of trying to convince rational people about something as irrational as your preposterous claim of being the Christ based on you saying stupid things??

Have you been believing scripture?

By the way, to better understand what that sword actually is that guards the way to the tree of life you should probably read Jeremiah 25:15;

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"He who leads into captivity, shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

This is the truth, the very truth;

You died in the very day you first reached out your hand to lift the sword to murder others by teaching them to set aside the laws of God and have since descended into the netherworld where you remain to this day rotting slowly while tormented day and night by the nightmares of cosmic catastrophe caused by your irrational departure from reality.

If you ever hope to recover, you can begin by admitting that you are just as or more confused than anyone who ever fell for your false witness, a fraud because you claim to see.

"Guns or knives, Butch"

Because I am still thinking about it. Got to admit that I am not coming up with anything so perhaps we should try another tack and come back to that later.

fine with me.

can you see that mat 13:44, 'the kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it buried it again.", conforms to and confirms what I have said about the deeper hidden implications of scripture?

How about, "Till now I have been using figures of speech." John 16:25 said after all the talk about bread from heaven and eat my flesh and drink my blood ?

Can you see how that changes everything?

Can you dig it?

fine with me.

can you see that mat 13:44, 'the kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it buried it again.", conforms to and confirms what I have said about the deeper hidden implications of scripture?

How about, "Till now I have been using figures of speech." John 16:25 said after all the talk about bread from heaven and eat my flesh and drink my blood ?

Can you dig it?

Do you always seek approval of another sinner?

I seek only the Creator who created me as His "Word".

Genesis 3
24: He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

The symbolic cherubim and flaming sword is difficult for a sinner to understand. To a saint, everything is understood.

I thought you just said that if a person believes scripture they will be deceived of the Truth.

Doesn't that mean if someone listens to your bullshit interpretation of scripture they will be deceived? What is the point of trying to convince rational people about something as irrational as your preposterous claim of being the Christ based on you saying stupid things??

Have you been believing scripture?

By the way, to better understand what that sword actually is that guards the way to the tree of life you should probably read Jeremiah 25:15;

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"He who leads into captivity, shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

This is the truth, the very truth;

You died in the very day you first reached out your hand to lift the sword to murder others by teaching them to set aside the laws of God and have since descended into the netherworld where you remain to this day rotting slowly while tormented day and night by the nightmares of cosmic catastrophe caused by your irrational departure from reality.

If you ever hope to recover, you can begin by admitting that you are just as or more confused than anyone who ever fell for your false witness, a fraud because you claim to see.

There's a big difference in believing scriptures and knowing where they came from in the first place.

I AM WHOM I AM !!!!

fine with me.

Can you dig it?

The entire Matthew 13 chapter bears out what you have been saying. In essence it is only those who understand the "meaning of the parables" who are the "saved". Giving up all worldly things to obtain that "kingdom" is the fundamental message. However that is not exactly difficult to discern in that passage. Is there something beyond that which I am missing?

fine with me.

Can you dig it?

The entire Matthew 13 chapter bears out what you have been saying. In essence it is only those who understand the "meaning of the parables" who are the "saved". Giving up all worldly things to obtain that "kingdom" is the fundamental message. However that is not exactly difficult to discern in that passage. Is there something beyond that which I am missing?

Christianity teaches that the worldly wealth comes from their false god, Jesus. They don't realize that Jesus and all us saints were made homeless after God took away all our worldly desires and possessions.

How could we preach the gospel that reveals the false gods (buildings) that man has built since the days of Babylon?

Would it make us hypocrites if we lived in houses and preached against them?

What I see that you are missing is that it is not worldly wealth that the person sells off to purchase that buried treasure or pearl of great value. Worldly wealth refers to worldly wisdom. Heavenly wealth is wisdom that is hidden in the deeper implications and above the grasp of lower beasts who pride themselves in the wisdom of the world below based on a literal interpretation of scripture.

What the person sells off is all the nonsense that they had bought into, or had been taught in error and based their confidence in as in the rich man and the eye of the needle. The man was a man of great wealth with many possessions. Probably a leader or teacher, rabbi, of a congregation, the people who followed and supported him were his many possessions.

The man walked away with a heavy heart because he had many possessions... to face.

The wealth of that man was based on his security about having kept all the commandments since he was young, of course according to the literal interpretation and application of the law (Matthew 19:20). Jesus telling him to sell off all of his possessions and give to the poor and follow him was Jesus telling the man to sell off all the nonsense about the righteousness of conforming to a literal interpretation of divine law that he had invested in all his life, in other words, cleanse his mind and release the people he had been misleading, feed the poor by telling people why, and then follow Jesus in his teaching about the figurative interpretation and application of divine law that results in the promise of eternal life fulfilled where his treasure will be knowledge and comprehension of the hidden subjects, eternal life within the kingdom of heaven itself, and not false pride based on many people following his false teaching of a strict adherence to a literal application of divine law that can never fulfill the promise of life.

Again, another story easily twisted by any serpent or low life that they use to get people to part with their money.

Last edited:

What I see that you are missing is that it is not worldly wealth that the person sells off to purchase that buried treasure or pearl of great value. Worldly wealth refers to worldly wisdom. Heavenly wisdom is wisdom that is hidden in the deeper implications and above the grasp of lower beasts who pride themselves in the wisdom of the world below based on a literal interpretation of scripture.

What the person sells off is all the nonsense that they had bought into, or had been taught in error and based their confidence in as in the rich man and the eye of the needle. The man was a man of great wealth with many possessions. Probably a leader or teacher, rabbi, of a congregation, the people who followed and supported him were his many possessions.

The man walked away with a heavy heart because he had many possessions... to face.

The wealth of that man was based on his security about having kept all the commandments since he was young, of course according to the literal interpretation and application of the law (Matthew 19:20). Jesus telling him to sell off all of his possessions and give to the poor and follow him was Jesus telling the man to sell off all the nonsense about the righteousness of conforming to a literal interpretation of divine law that he had invested in all his life, in other words, cleanse his mind and release the people he had been misleading, feed the poor by telling people why, and then follow Jesus in his teaching about the figurative interpretation and application of divine law that results in the promise of eternal life fulfilled where his treasure will be knowledge and comprehension of the hidden subjects, eternal life within the kingdom of heaven itself, and not false pride based on many people following his false teaching of a strict adherence to a literal application of divine law that can never fulfill the promise of life.

Again, another story easily twisted by any serpent or low life that they use to get people to part with their money.

All the true saints were forced by God to sell everything they owned. They also were driven away from their families and friends and made eunichs so they end up with no worldly desires.

Then we're forced to go out and preach the gospel until our flesh is killed.

This is called giving up the worldly things to inherit the Kingdom of God. Only us saints understand what this is all about.

What I see that you are missing is that it is not worldly wealth that the person sells off to purchase that buried treasure or pearl of great value. Worldly wealth refers to worldly wisdom. Heavenly wisdom is wisdom that is hidden in the deeper implications and above the grasp of lower beasts who pride themselves in the wisdom of the world below based on a literal interpretation of scripture.

All the true saints were forced by God to sell everything they owned. They also were driven away from their families and friends and made eunichs so they end up with no worldly desires.

This is called giving up the worldly things to inherit the Kingdom of God. Only us saints understand what this is all about.

Like I said, a story easily twisted by any serpent or low life that they use to get people to part with their money.

You are so screwed up that you actually think that the only place where you will ever live out your human existence created by God for people to have a fruitful existence should be rejected in preference for a fruitless life rejecting all the good things specifically created by God to enjoy?

You have actually succeeded in getting other people to buy into that crap? astonishing!

however, you probably should get used to the idea that those days are over, and find yourself another hobby.

You, a he-goat 'without blemish', are being prepared as a sin offering. Your slaughter has been dedicated to the Lord.

What I see that you are missing is that it is not worldly wealth that the person sells off to purchase that buried treasure or pearl of great value. Worldly wealth refers to worldly wisdom. Heavenly wealth is wisdom that is hidden in the deeper implications and above the grasp of lower beasts who pride themselves in the wisdom of the world below based on a literal interpretation of scripture.

Not once, but 3 times in my life I have "lost all my worldly possessions" in one way or another. The first time occurred when I was only 15. The lesson that I learned was that possessions are replaceable but people are not. As long as you are with the people you love you will survive the loss of "worldly goods". So this is a lesson that I already have experienced and no, it never brought me any closer to "God" but it did teach me to value the time that I have with my nearest and dearest. They are real and so is the love we share. We don't need anything more than that to survive whatever life, or a serpent, throws at us.

Like I said, a story easily twisted by any serpent or low life that they use to get people to part with their money.

You are so screwed up that you actually think that the only place where you will ever live out your human existence created by God for people to have a fruitful existence should be rejected in preference for a fruitless life rejecting all the good things specifically created by God to enjoy?

You have actually succeeded in getting other people to buy into that crap? astonishing!

however, you probably should get used to the idea that those days are over, and find yourself another hobby.

You, a he-goat 'without blemish', are being prepared as a sin offering. Your slaughter has been dedicated to the Lord.

I've told you exactly how a saint of God is forced to sell all his worldly possessions besides giving up his desires of this world. Either you believe this or you don't and it's easily seen that you don't believe in our Creator's work through a saint.

Not once, but 3 times in my life I have "lost all my worldly possessions" in one way or another. The first time occurred when I was only 15. The lesson that I learned was that possessions are replaceable but people are not. As long as you are with the people you love you will survive the loss of "worldly goods". So this is a lesson that I already have experienced and no, it never brought me any closer to "God" but it did teach me to value the time that I have with my nearest and dearest. They are real and so is the love we share. We don't need anything more than that to survive whatever life, or a serpent, throws at us.

Thanks for sharing that and I have had similar experiences with similar conclusions except that I also lost the people I loved. Discovering what's more important than worldly possessions is a positive thing to take from a negative experience and a sign of good mental health but what those experiences and awareness made me question is if that is what Jesus literally meant in those obvious parables about selling or giving away what you own to acquire something of greater value..

I also found that it did not bring me closer to God or give me an awareness of any riches in heaven.

I mean why would God want anyone to become deliberately destitute and what good are riches in heaven if you don't have a pot to piss in and can't help to provide for those people you love on earth?

My conclusion as described before is that the teaching conveyed is not to literally give away everything you own to be deserving of some vague promise of an afterlife, its about ridding your mind of the garbage that you have accumulated like wealth so that it can receive a greater knowledge and experience of conscious life in the here and now.

You can't add new wine to a cup that is already full of old wine without making a mess..

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing that and I have had similar experiences with similar conclusions except that I also lost the people I loved. Discovering what's more important than worldly possessions is a positive thing to take from a negative experience and a sign of good mental health but what those experiences and awareness made me question is if that is what Jesus literally meant in those obvious parables about selling or giving away what you own to acquire something of greater value..

I also found that it did not bring me closer to God or give me an awareness of any riches in heaven.

I mean why would God want anyone to become deliberately destitute and what good are riches in heaven if you don't have a pot to piss in and can't help to provide for those people you love on earth?

My conclusion as described before is that the teaching conveyed is not to literally give away everything you own to be deserving of some vague promise of an afterlife, its about ridding your mind of the garbage that you have accumulated like wealth so that it can receive a greater knowledge and experience of conscious life in the here and now.

You can't add new wine to a cup that is already full of old wine without making a mess..

You were created to be a sinful fool, not a saint who knows he's the "Christ".

Only fools pretend to be saints of God and sell everything they have without knowing why.

Only fools pretend to be saints of God and sell everything they have without knowing why.

all righty then, thanks for telling everyone that you are a fool (as if it was a big secret) who sold everything he had only to pretend to be a saint of God who is the Christ without even knowing what the treasures of heaven are yet convinced he will have them.... just as soon as the world is destroyed.

What a dingbat!

The fat trimmed from the flesh and removed from the bone now burning on the fire is a soothing and fragrant offering to the Lord.

My belated condolences on the loss of your loved ones.

Hard to flush away experience. You are talking about perceptions and habits that have accumulated along with the experience. Certainly I have a bias against people who are inconsiderate drivers. They annoy me and and can even be the cause of road rage and accidents. Must I rid myself of this bias? Or is this on too trivial a level? What must be mentally "decluttered" in order to "receive a greater knowledge and experience of conscious life"?

all righty then, thanks for telling everyone that you are a fool (as if it was a big secret) who sold everything he had only to pretend to be a saint of God who is the Christ without even knowing what the treasures of heaven are yet convinced he will have them.... just as soon as the world is destroyed.

What a dingbat!

The fat trimmed from the flesh and removed from the bone now burning on the fire is a soothing and fragrant offering to the Lord.

Dingbats don't understand how God created everything.

Can your pride handle how God created you?

What a dingbat!

Dingbats don't understand how God created everything.

Can your pride handle how God created you?

Why must your God take the blame for "creating" you?

Forum List

Back