• I'm not catholic and I'd sacrifice the tube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
If you were facing an ectopic pregnancy, would you take the medicine which would abort the pregnancy and cause yourself no harm, or would you stand by the church's teachings and have the tube removed?

Would you be more willing or less willing to take the medicine if this was your first pregnancy?

Poll to follow

If you were facing an ectopic pregnancy, would you take the medicine which would abort the pregnancy and cause yourself no harm, or would you stand by the church's teachings and have the tube removed?

Would you be more willing or less willing to take the medicine if this was your first pregnancy?

Poll to follow

Christ knows that all religions are false so going to Christian churches to get an answer is vanity.

Why is having the tube removed, Catholic teaching? Will taking a pill actually stop an ectopic pregnancy?

The Catholic Church teaches all abortion is murder, no matter the circumstance. In the case of an ectopic pregnancy, you cannot take an abortion inducing medicine which would end the pregnancy but save the tube. However you can have the whole tube removed which of course kills the fetus.

How is it a conundrum? It's not unusual for bigoted radical left wingers to visualize a typical Catholic woman as some sort of Christian jihad figure who would willingly die from a tubal pregnancy because the Church forbids abortion. This is bigoted nonsense. A Catholic woman would take care of the situation with medication or surgery like anybody else.

Well, I'm a Catholic woman and I would take the medication, even though my religion forbids it.

However, I'm young, and I only have 1 child. I wouldn't want to lose a tube and decrease my chance to conceive again. I'm not sure if I would make the same choice were I older, with a few more children under my belt.

I did not start this thread to discuss abortion. I specifically put it in religion because I wanted to discuss making a moral decision when what's physically best for you may not be the same as what's spiritually best.

The Catholic Church teaches all abortion is murder, no matter the circumstance. In the case of an ectopic pregnancy, you cannot take an abortion inducing medicine which would end the pregnancy but save the tube. However you can have the whole tube removed which of course kills the fetus.
Taking what you have said at face value, the baby dies no matter what. The obvious choice then would be to take the pill and make the best of 2 bad scenarios.

I make my moral decisions based on my own ethics, one of which is that I would never allow anyone else to dictate to me what I can or cannot do in regards to taking care of myself and my body. This kind of situation (the one in the OP) is one good reason why I have no interest in organized religion.

Forum List

Back