keys to the kingdom

You cannot have a discussion with a two-face who hides his beliefs, is dishonest and while feeling free to mock others.
You nailed that one. Try as you might to understand any point hobelim makes, despite any excruciating and completely honest attempt to understand his points, you will ALWAYS be wrong. And it will always be YOUR fault for "not understanding" what hobelim is trying to say. Just ask him. And it is every single time.

Wow. You morons dismiss and deride scripture as a fairy tale and magical bullshit without ever taking a stand on what those deliberately fantastical stories are teaching.

I tell you a that a talking serpent is a metaphor for a specific despicable human archetype and you claim that understanding that irrefutable point is impossible.Whats the problem? You try to think and nothing happens?

Damn.

Ancient people were not stupid. You two assholes are stupid. Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Thats your problem, not mine.

I am Hobelim, Son of Meanie.

I have spoken.
nobody said any of that

you have reading comprehension issues, forked tongue

you seem evasive in your answers, perhaps from your responses is wisdom, its cumulative effect or the (interpretive) ancient publications the means to sustaining life in the Everlasting for an individual.

No, in this last reply I didn't apply wisdom, I just tried to answer smart, that's all.

no seem about it - the translation of ancient text does occur orally over time concurrently to the present irregardless the written form of any time period. to be rewritten. boiled down there is no messiah to be or has been. the religion speaks for itself.

Pierre Ivanoff, the adventurer, discovered a way how the Mayans passed their traditions from generation to generation: Singing.

He invited himself to live in a house with Mayan descendants and obtained no much information from them. However he discovered lots of ruins. One night, he finally was invited to one of those family reunions of them.

He took his recording machine. The "party" was kind of bored. Each member repeated a character in turn several times. The Serpent, the Monkey, and so forth.

When he returned to his bed, he was listening the songs, and he turned himself as happy as never, he found out the members of that family were mentioning the characters of their calendar.

This was one of the methods used by several ancient cultures to keep their traditions from generation to generation.
This was one of the methods used by several ancient cultures to keep their traditions from generation to generation.

- religion is spoken whether written or not and remains a proximity to the truth either way - if by their religion, the desert religions, claim their written scriptures as infallible their claim can not be true as they are all second hand, unrecorded events spoken long before being put in a physical written form.

in the case of christianity their religion was written over the breadth of the 4th century and remains distinct from the actual events of the 1st century and was done with deliberate, alternative (political) motivations.
less obvious but with the same results are the other two desert religions.

... for some the spoken religion of antiquity (spoken) to this day as prescribed by the Almighty for admission to the Everlasting remains the same and is only six words long - the triumph of good vs evil. must be accomplished for a judgement to be rendered.

... the written religions have failed, as recorded throughout history, time to begin writing them anew.

I see.

I’ve been a practicing engineer for 35 years. Engineering is the commercial application of science. So I am familiar with how science works.

In a discussion like the one we have right now, your career is the least important. Here is not what you are but what you know and what you say.

Do you have a background in science?

I'm a troubleshooter. I have an assignment, I trace the problem, the fault, the error, I locate it, identify it, found it, and I take the necessary steps to solve it, fix it, replace it. When is needed I provide solutions and alternatives.

If your job and mine became related, then I won't need you at all, but you might need me.

How old do you believe the earth is?

I, as a troubleshooter, understand the parameters of our technology and the no possibility by any means of locating a starting point where to support an estimate of the age of the universe. With the current tools we have, after reviewing the whole methods used and their results to obtain an acceptable data, the only and most accurate answer is UNKNOWN.

Take this for granted, with my answer I am capable to debunk any estimated data given by you about the age of the universe. I can make eat dirt to anyone's estimate data as long the data given lacks of an evidential starting point.

You are free to assume the years you think will fit using unverified methods, however your results won't be valid and you will be aware of that.

I see.

I’ve been a practicing engineer for 35 years. Engineering is the commercial application of science. So I am familiar with how science works.

In a discussion like the one we have right now, your career is the least important. Here is not what you are but what you know and what you say.

Do you have a background in science?

I'm a troubleshooter. I have an assignment, I trace the problem, the fault, the error, I locate it, identify it, found it, and I take the necessary steps to solve it, fix it, replace it. When is needed I provide solutions and alternatives.

If your job and mine became related, then I won't need you at all, but you might need me.

How old do you believe the earth is?

I, as a troubleshooter, understand the parameters of our technology and the no possibility by any means of locating a starting point where to support an estimate of the age of the universe. With the current tools we have, after reviewing the whole methods used and their results to obtain an acceptable data, the only and most accurate answer is UNKNOWN.

Take this for granted, with my answer I am capable to debunk any estimated data given by you about the age of the universe. I can make eat dirt to anyone's estimate data as long the data given lacks of an evidential starting point.

You are free to assume the years you think will fit using unverified methods, however your results won't be valid and you will be aware of that.
So you have no background in the education of science and you don’t know the earth’s is ~4 billion years old.

Did you think it is closer to 6000 years or so?

So you have no background in the education of science and you don’t know the earth’s is ~4 billion years old.

You still can't understand reality. Your reality.

You don't have any definite point of support in order to make a measure of the age of the universe. The results of the methods used by you have not been verified.

Do you know what "verified" means? Do you understand how important for science is the verification of any result obtained thru observation, test, instruments used and more? Like to say, Morley Michelson was finally found to be in error? Why? : Verification of the results, verification of the method used, verification of the description of the performed steps.

As troubleshooter, that is my baby. At last I must verify the obtained result before taken for granted that the problem has been solved.

You still can't understand reality. Your reality.

You don't have any definite point of support in order to make a measure of the age of the universe. The results of the methods used by you have not been verified.

Do you know what "verified" means? Do you understand how important for science is the verification of any result obtained thru observation, test, instruments used and more? Like to say, Morley Michelson was finally found to be in error? Why? : Verification of the results, verification of the method used, verification of the description of the performed steps.

As troubleshooter, that is my baby. At last I must verify the obtained result before taken for granted that the problem has been solved.
Why are you avoiding that question?

Are you a young earth creationist?

Why are you avoiding that question?

Are you a young earth creationist?[/QUOTE]

I told you UNKNOWN.

You are the one evading my answer based on REALITY.

You keep writing your illusory billions years of age everywhere, specially in religion topics, lol... good luck with that.

You cannot have a discussion with a two-face who hides his beliefs, is dishonest and while feeling free to mock others.
You nailed that one. Try as you might to understand any point hobelim makes, despite any excruciating and completely honest attempt to understand his points, you will ALWAYS be wrong. And it will always be YOUR fault for "not understanding" what hobelim is trying to say. Just ask him. And it is every single time.

Wow. You morons dismiss and deride scripture as a fairy tale and magical bullshit without ever taking a stand on what those deliberately fantastical stories are teaching.

I tell you a that a talking serpent is a metaphor for a specific despicable human archetype and you claim that understanding that irrefutable point is impossible.Whats the problem? You try to think and nothing happens?

Damn.

Ancient people were not stupid. You two assholes are stupid. Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

I have spoken.
nobody said any of that

nonsense. You don't know what you are talking about. I told your buddy exactly that in language easy enough for any second grade child to understand numerous times.

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary he insists that the authors of scripture were superstitious dimwits who believed in talking snakes because they knew nothing about the natural world in which they lived.

I told him that he was an idiot.

I say that the children of those nomadic desert shepherds knew that snakes couldn't talk by the age of three. They lived in tents in the wilderness for christ sake and were more intimately acquainted with the realities of the natural world and so understood the instruction in the torah unlike such wise morons like you who were told fairy tales about separation of church and state, freedom, individual liberty, truth and justice that you actually believed while living in relative luxury and being raised, told what to think, how to act, what to believe, by the boob tube.

Last edited:

Damn.

I have spoken.
nobody said any of that

nonsense. You don't know what you are talking about. I told your buddy exactly that in language easy enough for any second grade child to understand numerous times.

He in spite of all the evidence to the contrary he insists that the authors of scripture were superstitious dimwits who believed in talking snakes because they knew nothing about the natural world in which they lived.

I say that the children of those nomadic desert shepherds knew that snakes couldn't talk by the age of three. They lived in tents in the wilderness for christ sake and were more intimately acquainted with the realities of the natural world and understood the instruction in the torah unlike such wise morons like you who were were raised by the boob tube.
The authors were superstitious nitwits because they believed in an unproven deity that talks to prophets. Also because they believed there are such things as prophets.

Not because they created allegories.

And you're one of those superstitious idiots, and also you speak with a forked tongue.

Damn.

I have spoken.
nobody said any of that

He in spite of all the evidence to the contrary he insists that the authors of scripture were superstitious dimwits who believed in talking snakes because they knew nothing about the natural world in which they lived.

I say that the children of those nomadic desert shepherds knew that snakes couldn't talk by the age of three. They lived in tents in the wilderness for christ sake and were more intimately acquainted with the realities of the natural world and understood the instruction in the torah unlike such wise morons like you who were were raised by the boob tube.
The authors were superstitious nitwits because they believed in an unproven deity that talks to prophets. Also because they believed there are such things as prophets.

And you're one of those superstitious idiots, and also you speak with a forked tongue.
You do yourself a great disservice every time you reduce their ancient knowledge and wisdom to fairytales.

Damn.

I have spoken.
nobody said any of that

You do yourself a great disservice every time you reduce their ancient knowledge and wisdom to fairytales.
Any of the knowledge that was worth a shit was not even proprietary, so...Im not all googly eyed about common sense, sorry

Damn.

I have spoken.
nobody said any of that

Any of the knowledge that was worth a shit was not even proprietary, so...Im not all googly eyed about common sense, sorry
There’s nothing like it in the history of mankind.

Nothing anything even close to it.

It’s only hurting you.

nobody said any of that

It’s only hurting you.
Whoa is me, ding.

It’s only hurting you.
Whoa is me, ding.
Exactly.

It’s only hurting you.
Whoa is me, ding.
Exactly.
Youre a special kinda character. I sit down at my desk and by 630 I have 7 ding alerts all trying to start shit. Trying to poke and prod, trying to re-start an argument I had with Paulie where we had already decided to miss 1 another with politics(thats not gunna work btw, nice fail).

Youre a severely trash human, sorry that your fairy tale that was supposedly so stock fulla wisdom hasnt guided you past all the dumb games you play.

It’s only hurting you.
Whoa is me, ding.
Exactly.
Youre a special kinda character. I sit down at my desk and by 630 I have 7 ding alerts all trying to start shit. Trying to poke and prod, trying to re-start an argument I had with Paulie where we had already decided to miss 1 another with politics(thats not gunna work btw, nice fail).

Youre a severely trash human, sorry that your fairy tale that was supposedly so stock fulla wisdom hasnt guided you past all the dumb games you play.
Thanks for telling me your opinion of my character,GT, again. You remind me more of Hobelim more and more each day.

I don’t care if you and Pauli’s get into it. I only care how fake it makes you and Paulie look.

I don’t play games. I’m genuine.

Keep seeing it as a fairytale. It’s only hurting you.

It’s only hurting you.
Whoa is me, ding.
Exactly.

Thanks for telling me your opinion of my character,GT, again. You remind me more of Hobelim more and more each day.

I don’t care if you and Pauli’s get into it. I only care how fake it makes you and Paulie look.

You do care if Paulie and I get into it. You're trying to inspire it like a high school tweenie. You love drama, get a life little girl.

It’s only hurting you.
Whoa is me, ding.
Exactly.

You do care if Paulie and I get into it. You're trying to inspire it like a high school tweenie. You love drama, get a life little girl.
Couldn't care less about that.

Neither one of you can discuss it like adults.

I don't care about the drama. I'm not you. I care about the incongruity.

your fairy tale
No. Not my fairytale. The allegorical account of the history of the world that all people share. Which begins with the answers of the key origin questions and along the way outlines key distinctions in man's uniqueness in the material world.

Anyone with half an IQ and curiosity will see your blatant dismissal for what it is. Rhetoric. You have zero evidence for your belief. Your only motivation n making such unsubstantiated claims is to lash out because your a closer militant atheist.

So everytime you make your assbackwards argument and cry fairytale, I will be there to provide a counterpoint.

So thanks for the opportunity, GT. I couldn't do this without you.

Genesis is the allegorical account of the history of the world that all people share.
The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.

your fairy tale
No. Not my fairytale. The allegorical account of the history of the world that all people share. Which begins with the answers of the key origin questions and along the way outlines key distinctions in man's uniqueness in the material world.

Anyone with half an IQ and curiosity will see your blatant dismissal for what it is. Rhetoric. You have zero evidence for your belief. Your only motivation n making such unsubstantiated claims is to lash out because your a closer militant atheist.

So everytime you make your assbackwards argument and cry fairytale, I will be there to provide a counterpoint.

So thanks for the opportunity, GT. I couldn't do this without you.

Genesis is the allegorical account of the history of the world that all people share.
The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.
:itsok:

Forum List

Back