Trump’s Role in Republican Disfunction in Congress

Tom Paine 1949

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2020

Of course all the Trump supporting Republicans here at USMB (and in Congress) who backed McCarthy, as well as all those who back Gaetz, refuse to recognize that their moronic hero Trump himself is the person most responsible for the chaotic nihilism and grifting showmanship that divides our nation and the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

Trump was the one who supported McCarthy and helped him in his wheeling & dealing to become Speaker of the House, and yet he also led the effort to shut down the government — which McCarthy intelligently prevented at the last moment.

The attacks on the Trump-supporting McCarthy from the “Trump-supporting” Gaetz finally elicited a typical “I am not to blame and I don’t accept any responsibility” Trump pronouncement criticizing the “disfunction” of his Republican supporters in Congress!

But not to worry, MAGA Republicans!

Both Gaetz & McCarthy have had serious discussions with Trump leading up to this nihilist charade, both sides have rendered homage to the Orange baboon, and as Trump points out he likes both men as they have “said nice things” about him!

Trump refuses to take sides between Matt Gaetz and Kevin McCarthy
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...op-infighting-ahead-of-vote-to-oust-mccarthy/

Last edited:

Of course all the Trump supporting Republicans here at USMB (and in Congress) who backed McCarthy, as well as all those who back Gaetz, refuse to recognize that their moronic hero Trump himself is the person most responsible for the chaotic nihilism and grifting showmanship that divides our nation and the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

Trump was the one who supported McCarthy and helped him in his wheeling & dealing to become Speaker of the House … and yet he also led the effort to shut down the government — which McCarthy properly prevented at the last moment!

The attacks on the Trump-supporting McCarthy from the “Trump-supporting” Gaetz anarchists finally elicited even a typical Trump pronouncement criticizing the “disfunction” of his Republican supporters in Congress.

But not to worry. Both Gaetz & McCarthy have had serious discussions with Trump leading up to this nihilist charade, both sides have rendered homage to the Orange baboon, and as Trump points out he likes both men as they have “said nice things” about him!
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...op-infighting-ahead-of-vote-to-oust-mccarthy/

And you support the neo-Marxist Democrats.
:rolleyes:

Trump was the one who supported McCarthy and helped him in his wheeling & dealing to become Speaker of the House, and yet he also led the effort to shut down the government — which McCarthy intelligently prevented at the last moment.

The attacks on the Trump-supporting McCarthy from the “Trump-supporting” Gaetz finally elicited a typical “I am not to blame and I don’t accept any responsibility” Trump pronouncement criticizing the “disfunction” of his Republican supporters in Congress!

Both Gaetz & McCarthy have had serious discussions with Trump leading up to this nihilist charade, both sides have rendered homage to the Orange baboon, and as Trump points out he likes both men as they have “said nice things” about him!

Pretty amazing the way the entire party is absolutely terrified of a guy who's out on bail.

Never would I have thought I'd see this in America. A socio-political cult.

EverythingBad.gif

Reps. Andy Biggs (AZ) Ken Buck (CO) Tim Burchett (TN) Eli Crane (AZ) Warren Davidson (OH) Matt Gaetz (FL) Bob Good (VA) Cory Mills (FL) Nancy Mace (SC) Matt Rosendale (MT) Victoria Spartz (IN). (QTY 11)

***Decent R who voted to remove the LYING do-nothing from speaker. He still owed J6 video too.

Last edited:
And you support the neo-Marxist Democrats.
Not if Republicans or Independents can put forward a better candidate!

Are you sure the Democrats are only neo-Marxists? I thought they were all-out commies, fascists & satanic “demoncrats” !

I didn’t vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and will be happy to not vote for Joe Biden — or any major party Presidential candidate — once Trump and his authoritarian cultists disappear from the political scene.

Last edited:

I didn’t vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and will be happy to not vote for Joe Biden — or any Presidential candidate — once Trump and his authoritarian cultists are no longer a threat to our Republic, the rule of law, & our nation as a whole.
"Trump and his authoritarian cultists....."
DISMISSED!!!!!! :eusa_hand:

I didn’t vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and will be happy to not vote for Joe Biden — or any Presidential candidate — once Trump and his authoritarian cultists are no longer a threat to our Republic, the rule of law, & our nation as a whole.
CaptainHyperbole.jpg

The “King of Hyperbole” is obviously Donald Trump himself … followed closely by various Trump cultists and supporters.
His policies are not markedly different from those of Ross Perot or Pat Buchanan....The only difference between he and those two is that he fights bare knuckle and he won....."Cultists" is deranged hyperbole.

The populist message (including left populists like Sanders), for all its flaws and glaring contradictions, has grown greatly over the last couple decades....That terrifies the fuck out of status quo bootlickers of The State like you.

The only thing that seems to unite the GOP is fear of trump. There seems to be a small chaos coalition who have an outsize influence on events. Its not a good way to proceed.
I suspect that this might be the start of a long term struggle, With the various GOP factions the new speaker will probably need to do a deal with the dems and that creates more problems.
Its trumpism in action.

Last edited:

Trump is a private citizen with no control over House Republicans.

The only thing that seems to unite the GOP is fear of trump. There seems to be a small chaos coalition who have an outsize influence on events. Its not a good way to proceed.
I suspect that this might be the start of a long term struggle, With the various GOP factions the new speaker will probably need to do a deal with the dems and that creates more problems.
Its trumpism in action.
Or Republicans realize that they need to hang together or they surely will hang separately...

Last edited:

Thank you for the official Chicom position on the subject.

We can always rely on you to give us a glimpse into the inner workings of the party.

Conservatives are cleaning their party of RINO's.... this is what that looks like... They warned McCarthy but he is too stupid to take them seriously... he has always been kind of dumb and way to liberal and in love with government spending...

The only thing that seems to unite the GOP is fear of trump. There seems to be a small chaos coalition who have an outsize influence on events. Itsc not a good way to proceed.
I susect that this might be the start of a long term struggle, With the various GOP factions the new speaker will probably need to do a deal with the dems and that creates more problems.
Its trumpism in action.
To Republican voters it is different than what you typed.

Oddball said:
His policies are not markedly different from those of Ross Perot or Pat Buchanan....The only difference between he and those two is that he fights bare knuckle and he won....."Cultists" is deranged hyperbole.

Trump is a cunning & talented p.r. conman. Because his ultra-divisive demagogy had so much appeal to usually quiescent and disgruntled non-voting whites, he beat the arrogant Hillary Clinton, likely surprising even himself.

This demagogy and this “victory” turned Trump into a one-man cult hero to his followers. But his biggest accomplishment was to divide & polarize the nation and tear down the traditions & political culture necessary to keep our Republic alive. His “victory” in the Supreme Court was just The Federalist Society’s victory. His ZIRP monetary policy was 100% wrong. His fiscal spending policy was inflationary & increased the deficit (as did the Dem policy during Covid) and on top of that he pushed an unnecessary permanent tax cut for corporations and private capital funds that further enriched oligarchs and corporate managers. He “loved” authoritarians like Putin and Xi and Kim Jong-un because his megalomania and narcissism makes him want to be an elected “king” himself. He was otherwise remarkably incompetent in actually governing. Finally, as a defeated lame duck, he did everything in his power to disrupt and prevent the Constitutional and legitimate transfer of power, and his cult followers and tens of millions of Republicans, believing his lies, went along with that too. The worst President in American history, except perhaps for Andrew Johnson.

None of this means the Democrats do not often act as idiots and fools around their own pet issues. But Trump is indeed a dangerous aging “cult hero” who remains the leading candidate of Republicans for the 2024 election, even as he is being prosecuted for some obvious (and other less obvious) crimes. His responsibility for the Republican Party’s internal chaos is clear.

Last edited:
Trump can't get a break no matter what happens. If he was still in charge republicans would be more united but when he isn't he still gets blamed.

Forum List

Back