Kerry: The Public Is Uninformed

The Dems have both houses...the White House...and a big majority and they still feel they can sell blaming everything on the minority.:eusa_liar:

Amazing to see.

Kind of like sucker-punching someone then blaming the victim for hurting your hand.

LOL! Good hunting and pecking. And I have a national audience? :cool: I'm not running for office.

Well no, it's just hypocrisy if you criticize Kerry for such comments while making such comments yourself. So while you can try to excuse away your blatant double standard by saying you're not running for office, you clearly have no problem with calling people uninformed or saying people are uninformed it if helps further your POV.

BS, I already answered the god deal, it's from the far right as perjoratives and from the left as truth, but not using 'messiah', rather The One. I've not called libs ignorant, rather uninformed. Maybe you're right on that. They are.

And of course, Annie from late 2007 has something to say:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/51733-news-and-undernews.html

The divide between those that follow politics and those that don't has been growing since at least 1920. Today as the post below discusses, the gap is widening, thanks in large measure to those that follow having so many more ways to gather information, quickly though not necessarily well.

Modbert, why are you so obsessed with me? I'm not with you. I posted on an article about a politician, you are acting as if I'm one, I'm not.

LOL! Good hunting and pecking. And I have a national audience? :cool: I'm not running for office.

Well no, it's just hypocrisy if you criticize Kerry for such comments while making such comments yourself. So while you can try to excuse away your blatant double standard by saying you're not running for office, you clearly have no problem with calling people uninformed or saying people are uninformed it if helps further your POV.

The divide between those that follow politics and those that don't has been growing since at least 1920. Today as the post below discusses, the gap is widening, thanks in large measure to those that follow having so many more ways to gather information, quickly though not necessarily well.

Modbert, why are you so obsessed with me? I'm not with you. I posted on an article about a politician, you are acting as if I'm one, I'm not.

Good to know you think the only people who need be consistent and accountable in their stated beliefs and arguments are elected officials. The rest of us can be a pack of lying, two-faced twats. Thanks for that.

Obsession? Au contraire, mon ami.

You posted an article criticizing a politician for comments he had made except you yourself have made the exact same kind of comments in the past. So it's very hypocritical and shows a double standard.

Good to know you think the only people who need be consistent and accountable in their stated beliefs and arguments are elected officials. The rest of us can be a pack of lying, two-faced twats. Thanks for that.

Sock puppet?

It really seems that the ones that are uninformed all work on Capital Hill. They have had 18+ months to get the facts out there, and yet they can't do it because they don't even know the facts themselves. When your really stupid just blame the electorates....makes for a good deflection come election time. :lol:

Wonderful explanation for November:

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters - BostonHerald.com

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters
It’s the electorate, stupid!
By Hillary Chabot | Saturday, September 25, 2010 | Home - BostonHerald.com | U.S. Politics
Photo
Photo by Matthew Healey

A testy U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry yesterday blamed clueless voters with short attention spans for the uphill battle beleaguered Democrats are facing against Republicans across the nation.

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening,” Kerry told reporters after touring the Boston Medical Center yesterday...

“I think a lot of the anger today - while it’s appropriate because Washington is broken - is not directed at the right people,” said Kerry. “Barney is prepared, as others are, to explain what we’re doing. I think when people hear the facts and they see what we’re doing, it frankly makes sense.”

In the interview, Kerry added that voters should be mad at stonewalling Republicans and “big money” in politics instead, referring to a bill blocked by Republicans Thursday that would reveal corporate and union leaders who fund big-bucks political ads.

He went on to blame the legislative logjam in Washington, D.C., for fewer federal dollars sent to the state...

Perfect example of how the left doesnt have a clue, particularly elitists like Kerry. Over the last 12 months, these people have been getting whacked upside of the head with a baseball bat by Americnas saying, "Assholes..........you're doing it wrong!!"

And still................:funnyface:

Its fine with me though!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

It really seems that the ones that are uninformed all work on Capital Hill. They have had 18+ months to get the facts out there, and yet they can't do it because they don't even know the facts themselves. When your really stupid just blame the electorates....makes for a good deflection come election time. :lol:

They've been hiding the facts.

And they've been claiming that the GOP doesn't get into specifics enough. They'd say that even if the GOP sat there and read there plan to them personally.

This being the party that told us we needed to pass their shit to know how it works.

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening

I believe he is dissing Obama voters here

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening

I believe he is dissing Obama voters here

Yeah, that was my first thought.....that he was referring to that Hope & Change thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Wonderful explanation for November:

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters - BostonHerald.com

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters
It’s the electorate, stupid!
By Hillary Chabot | Saturday, September 25, 2010 | Home - BostonHerald.com | U.S. Politics
Photo
Photo by Matthew Healey

A testy U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry yesterday blamed clueless voters with short attention spans for the uphill battle beleaguered Democrats are facing against Republicans across the nation.

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening,” Kerry told reporters after touring the Boston Medical Center yesterday...

“I think a lot of the anger today - while it’s appropriate because Washington is broken - is not directed at the right people,” said Kerry. “Barney is prepared, as others are, to explain what we’re doing. I think when people hear the facts and they see what we’re doing, it frankly makes sense.”

In the interview, Kerry added that voters should be mad at stonewalling Republicans and “big money” in politics instead, referring to a bill blocked by Republicans Thursday that would reveal corporate and union leaders who fund big-bucks political ads.

He went on to blame the legislative logjam in Washington, D.C., for fewer federal dollars sent to the state...

How ironic since one of the reasons this guy got elected was because of the mantra....
"Yes We Can"....people elected him thinking their mortgages would be paid for,their bills would be paid for,free health care,etc.Can't we then say the same about the people that elected this President.:eusa_shhh:

So typical... just look at the left-wingers on this board. If you don't agree with them, you must be stupid. Laughable... and they wonder why their getting their asses handed to them in November? Gee, I can't imagine. Maybecthe idiot masses are tired of being lectured to by a bunch of nattering nabobs?

So I guess now the people who tried to shrug off Obama's election by blaming it on uninformed people who just fell for his good speeches, or voted for him because he's black, blah blah,

are now going to call Kerry an idiot for saying essentially the same thing?

Ironic.

So I guess now the people who tried to shrug off Obama's election by blaming it on uninformed people who just fell for his good speeches, or voted for him because he's black, blah blah,

are now going to call Kerry an idiot for saying essentially the same thing?

Ironic.

What Kerry is saying is that uniformed voters are misdirecting their anger at the Democrats.

So, it is another "it's all the Republicans fault" rant. A.k.a., same old shit.

Just came across this related article, the Democrats should learn that talking down to the electorate just isn't a winning strategy:

Opinion: Memo to Democrats -- Tea Party Attacks Won't Fly

Opinion: Memo to Dems -- Tea Party Attacks Won't Fly

(Sept. 24) -- "Obama Advisers Weigh Ad Assault Against the G.O.P" was the early page-one headline in The New York Times the other day. Ah, but this wasn't just any old "ad assault." No, this one was an assault against the dreaded tea party. The goal, according to the story, would be to "cast the Republican Party as all but taken over by Tea Party extremists."

The White House denied the story (and the Times later tweaked the headline), but you just know it was true. I may not like the liberal tendencies of The New York Times, but they don't simply make up stories over there.

Besides, on the same day the Times story came out (Monday), Vice President Joe Biden told a fundraiser in Ohio that the alternative to Democrats this fall is "the Republican tea party."

And a few weeks earlier in Philadelphia, Ed Rendell, the Democratic governor of Pennsylvania (and savvy political operative), said the Republican Party "is slowly but surely being taken over by wackos. They're nuts. They're flat-out crazy."

Memo to Democrats: For your own good, STOP!

Painting the tea party folks as extremist nut-jobs is a big mistake. Tying tea partiers to the Republicans will not hurt the GOP. It will help them and hurt you!

What a lot of Democrats don't seem to get, even at this very late date, is that voters don't think tea partiers are the ones who are extreme and out of the mainstream. They think Democrats are the extremists who have lost touch with the mainstream. They rightly see Democrats as the ones who are spending us into a hole so deep that no one knows when (or if) we will emerge. That, they are saying, is extreme. That is out of the mainstream...

Because we all know that Bernie Goldberg is the go-to person on politics.

The tea party continues to nominate extremist candidates, eventually the question has to be asked whether the group that are nominating these people are extremists themselves. The numbers have already shown they are for the most part in reality the far right wing base of the GOP.

Tell me Annie, how accurate is it to say that "separation of church and state" came from Hitler?

Just because they are at the far side of the political spectrum from liberals does not mean they're extremists. The majority of the people are sick of liberals and want them out. What it shows is that your buds have been identified as extremists themselves, and the majority of the people are giving them the boot.

When the majority speaks, it's not extremism. The majority of all parties is booting the extremists out, and it's about time.

Just because they are at the far side of the political spectrum from liberals does not mean they're extremists. The majority of the people are sick of liberals and want them out. What it shows is that your buds have been identified as extremists themselves, and the majority of the people are giving them the boot.

When the majority speaks, it's not extremism. The majority of all parties is booting the extremists out, and it's about time.

The far right wing base of the GOP is not the majority nor representative of what America wants.

Just came across this related article, the Democrats should learn that talking down to the electorate just isn't a winning strategy:

Opinion: Memo to Democrats -- Tea Party Attacks Won't Fly

Because we all know that Bernie Goldberg is the go-to person on politics.

The tea party continues to nominate extremist candidates, eventually the question has to be asked whether the group that are nominating these people are extremists themselves. The numbers have already shown they are for the most part in reality the far right wing base of the GOP.

Tell me Annie, how accurate is it to say that "separation of church and state" came from Hitler?

It's a thing of beauty

Forum List

Back