Kerry: The Public Is Uninformed

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Wonderful explanation for November:

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters - BostonHerald.com

John Kerry: Democrats’ woes stem from uninformed voters
It’s the electorate, stupid!
By Hillary Chabot | Saturday, September 25, 2010 | Home - BostonHerald.com | U.S. Politics
Photo
Photo by Matthew Healey

A testy U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry yesterday blamed clueless voters with short attention spans for the uphill battle beleaguered Democrats are facing against Republicans across the nation.

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening,” Kerry told reporters after touring the Boston Medical Center yesterday...

“I think a lot of the anger today - while it’s appropriate because Washington is broken - is not directed at the right people,” said Kerry. “Barney is prepared, as others are, to explain what we’re doing. I think when people hear the facts and they see what we’re doing, it frankly makes sense.”

In the interview, Kerry added that voters should be mad at stonewalling Republicans and “big money” in politics instead, referring to a bill blocked by Republicans Thursday that would reveal corporate and union leaders who fund big-bucks political ads.

He went on to blame the legislative logjam in Washington, D.C., for fewer federal dollars sent to the state...

He has a point and it's more than just over the upcoming election. How many utterly depressing statistics and surveys are done to find people believing silly things? Things like 9/11 being an inside job and a bullcrap link between vaccines and childhood autism. Misinformation is an utter travesty and is the entire reason we have education in the first place.

'It just continues the Democrats’ theme that the reason people are upset is because they don’t understand. They’re not smart enough. That sort of rhetoric just gets people even more upset,” said Jacobson'

Yup!

Just came across this related article, the Democrats should learn that talking down to the electorate just isn't a winning strategy:

Opinion: Memo to Democrats -- Tea Party Attacks Won't Fly

Opinion: Memo to Dems -- Tea Party Attacks Won't Fly

(Sept. 24) -- "Obama Advisers Weigh Ad Assault Against the G.O.P" was the early page-one headline in The New York Times the other day. Ah, but this wasn't just any old "ad assault." No, this one was an assault against the dreaded tea party. The goal, according to the story, would be to "cast the Republican Party as all but taken over by Tea Party extremists."

The White House denied the story (and the Times later tweaked the headline), but you just know it was true. I may not like the liberal tendencies of The New York Times, but they don't simply make up stories over there.

Besides, on the same day the Times story came out (Monday), Vice President Joe Biden told a fundraiser in Ohio that the alternative to Democrats this fall is "the Republican tea party."

And a few weeks earlier in Philadelphia, Ed Rendell, the Democratic governor of Pennsylvania (and savvy political operative), said the Republican Party "is slowly but surely being taken over by wackos. They're nuts. They're flat-out crazy."

Memo to Democrats: For your own good, STOP!

Painting the tea party folks as extremist nut-jobs is a big mistake. Tying tea partiers to the Republicans will not hurt the GOP. It will help them and hurt you!

What a lot of Democrats don't seem to get, even at this very late date, is that voters don't think tea partiers are the ones who are extreme and out of the mainstream. They think Democrats are the extremists who have lost touch with the mainstream. They rightly see Democrats as the ones who are spending us into a hole so deep that no one knows when (or if) we will emerge. That, they are saying, is extreme. That is out of the mainstream...

Just came across this related article, the Democrats should learn that talking down to the electorate just isn't a winning strategy:

(Sept. 24) -- "Obama Advisers Weigh Ad Assault Against the G.O.P" was the early page-one headline in The New York Times the other day. Ah, but this wasn't just any old "ad assault." No, this one was an assault against the dreaded tea party. The goal, according to the story, would be to "cast the Republican Party as all but taken over by Tea Party extremists."

The White House denied the story (and the Times later tweaked the headline), but you just know it was true. I may not like the liberal tendencies of The New York Times, but they don't simply make up stories over there.

Besides, on the same day the Times story came out (Monday), Vice President Joe Biden told a fundraiser in Ohio that the alternative to Democrats this fall is "the Republican tea party."

And a few weeks earlier in Philadelphia, Ed Rendell, the Democratic governor of Pennsylvania (and savvy political operative), said the Republican Party "is slowly but surely being taken over by wackos. They're nuts. They're flat-out crazy."

Painting the tea party folks as extremist nut-jobs is a big mistake. Tying tea partiers to the Republicans will not hurt the GOP. It will help them and hurt you!

What a lot of Democrats don't seem to get, even at this very late date, is that voters don't think tea partiers are the ones who are extreme and out of the mainstream. They think Democrats are the extremists who have lost touch with the mainstream. They rightly see Democrats as the ones who are spending us into a hole so deep that no one knows when (or if) we will emerge. That, they are saying, is extreme. That is out of the mainstream...

Because we all know that Bernie Goldberg is the go-to person on politics.

The tea party continues to nominate extremist candidates, eventually the question has to be asked whether the group that are nominating these people are extremists themselves. The numbers have already shown they are for the most part in reality the far right wing base of the GOP.

Tell me Annie, how accurate is it to say that "separation of church and state" came from Hitler?

John Kerry has a history of talking down to people. Remember this?:

kerry_help_iraq.jpg

By Hillary Chabot | Saturday, September 25, 2010 | Home - BostonHerald.com | U.S. Politics
Photo
Photo by Matthew Healey

A testy U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry yesterday blamed clueless voters with short attention spans for the uphill battle beleaguered Democrats are facing against Republicans across the nation.

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening,” Kerry told reporters after touring the Boston Medical Center yesterday...

“I think a lot of the anger today - while it’s appropriate because Washington is broken - is not directed at the right people,” said Kerry. “Barney is prepared, as others are, to explain what we’re doing. I think when people hear the facts and they see what we’re doing, it frankly makes sense.”

In the interview, Kerry added that voters should be mad at stonewalling Republicans and “big money” in politics instead, referring to a bill blocked by Republicans Thursday that would reveal corporate and union leaders who fund big-bucks political ads.

He went on to blame the legislative logjam in Washington, D.C., for fewer federal dollars sent to the state...

thank you walter lippmann.....clueless.

Because we all know that Bernie Goldberg is the go-to person on politics.

The tea party continues to nominate extremist candidates, eventually the question has to be asked whether the group that are nominating these people are extremists themselves. The numbers have already shown they are for the most part in reality the far right wing base of the GOP.

Tell me Annie, how accurate is it to say that "separation of church and state" came from Hitler?

hummm, politics? no not really but his opinion is as good as anyones really...I think he was speaking partly above that, as the dem use the willing media to help do their dirty work.

Remember folks, it's okay to call the public uninformed, if it helps your side:

Originally posted by Gop guy
Yes, but never unestimate how uninformed and stupid people can be, that's how Billiary got the White House.

I agree. Those that care have to go and work this at the grassroots level. I have been.:D

Benefits: GW has better chance of reelection; comp dinner and rally tickets :cool: ; nice class of guys to date :p:

The Dems should have learned by now that calling the public stupid is not going to increase their levels of support.

Remember folks, it's okay to call the public uninformed, if it helps your side:

Originally posted by Gop guy
Yes, but never unestimate how uninformed and stupid people can be, that's how Billiary got the White House.

I agree. Those that care have to go and work this at the grassroots level. I have been.:D

Benefits: GW has better chance of reelection; comp dinner and rally tickets :cool: ; nice class of guys to date :p:

LOL! Good hunting and pecking. And I have a national audience? :cool: I'm not running for office.

LOL, the ole LURCH musta got into Tereeeeezas gin soaked white raisins.:lol:

And don't ya just LOVE how a leftie thinks the AVERAGE AMERCIAN CITIZTEN running for office as a Republican is now an, EXTREAMIST.

The gawddamned EXTREAMIST are now running our Guberment. And the American people are starting to REALIZE it. Except for the die hard, Obamabots.

Last edited:

Photo
Photo by Matthew Healey

ahh yes the, they are just to stupid to know whats good for them defense.

Sure to win many votes with NOV.

The biblical Ass whooping at the Polls is coming, and every time one of these arrogant liberal asses says something like this. The mood to punish them all grows.

I love this stuff.

LOL, the ole LURCH musta got into Tereeeeezas gin soaked white raisins.:lol:

And don't ya just LOVE how a lefties thinks the AVERAGE AMERCIAN CITIZTEN running for office as a Republican is now an, EXTREAMIST.

The gawddamned EXTREAMIST are now running our Guberment. And the American people are starting to REALIZE it. Except for the die hard, Obamabots.

Normal people think separation from church and state comes from Hitler?

You'd think with the History Channel covering Hitler all the time, they would've picked up on something like that were it true.

LOL! Good hunting and pecking. And I have a national audience? :cool: I'm not running for office.

Well no, it's just hypocrisy if you criticize Kerry for such comments while making such comments yourself. So while you can try to excuse away your blatant double standard by saying you're not running for office, you clearly have no problem with calling people uninformed or saying people are uninformed it if helps further your POV.

BS, I already answered the god deal, it's from the far right as perjoratives and from the left as truth, but not using 'messiah', rather The One. I've not called libs ignorant, rather uninformed. Maybe you're right on that. They are.

And of course, Annie from late 2007 has something to say:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/51733-news-and-undernews.html

The divide between those that follow politics and those that don't has been growing since at least 1920. Today as the post below discusses, the gap is widening, thanks in large measure to those that follow having so many more ways to gather information, quickly though not necessarily well.

Forum List

Back