Kentucky Clerks Refuse to Issue Gay Marriage Licenses

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling
Defying the instructions of Gov. Steve Beshear, several county clerks around Kentucky said they won't issue marriage licenses anymore because of the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-to-4 ruling Friday in favor of a nationwide right to same-sex marriage....Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis said Monday that her Christian beliefs won't allow her to give marriage licenses to gay men or lesbians seeking to marry a member of the same sex. Rather than face claims of discrimination, her office in Morehead is refusing marriage licenses to all couples until further notice, Davis said. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

more..

"It's hard; I will tell you that," Davis said. "What has happened is that five lawyers have imposed their personal view of what the definition of marriage should be on the rest of us. And I, as a Christian, have strong views, too. And I know I don't stand alone."...Chris Jobe, president of the Kentucky County Clerks Association, said he has heard from several clerks who have religious objections to same-sex marriage, so they won't issue marriage licenses anymore. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

This will be coming up soon. This Hearing pending at SCOTUS is actually more pivotal and may wind up reversing Friday's Ruling. The choice the Court will face? Dictate to the Vatican and other church leaders which dire warnings in the New Testament Christians "have to ignore" or Uphold the 1st Amendment. The 9th Amendment means that last Friday's fundamental change to the Constitution cannot overshadow any other Constitutional right people enjoy...including the 1st.

So a Court that thought this was "all done and over with" will be chagrined to find this has just begun..

Fun fact: Did you know the Supreme Court cannot make fundamental or ill-conceived changes to the Constitution? Only the Congress and states can make those changes jointly. Friday's Ruling is unconstitutional by its very mechanics. And therefore states like Kentucky, Alabama, Texas and any other are not bound to abide by Friday's illegal Ruling.

Last edited:
This will be coming up soon.

You mean "put down."

100225-A-0000K-001-copy.jpg

Do they expect to get paid for not doing their job?

It appears to be that way. According to their statements, they are incapable of performing essential tasks of their positions. When someone tells me they aren't capable of doing their job, I wish them good fortunes and offer to give them a good reference if they need one.

Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling
Defying the instructions of Gov. Steve Beshear, several county clerks around Kentucky said they won't issue marriage licenses anymore because of the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-to-4 ruling Friday in favor of a nationwide right to same-sex marriage....Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis said Monday that her Christian beliefs won't allow her to give marriage licenses to gay men or lesbians seeking to marry a member of the same sex. Rather than face claims of discrimination, her office in Morehead is refusing marriage licenses to all couples until further notice, Davis said. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

more..

"It's hard; I will tell you that," Davis said. "What has happened is that five lawyers have imposed their personal view of what the definition of marriage should be on the rest of us. And I, as a Christian, have strong views, too. And I know I don't stand alone."...Chris Jobe, president of the Kentucky County Clerks Association, said he has heard from several clerks who have religious objections to same-sex marriage, so they won't issue marriage licenses anymore. Some Kentucky county clerks refuse to issue marriage licenses following same-sex marriage ruling Politics and Government Kentucky.com

This will be coming up soon. This Hearing pending at SCOTUS is actually more pivotal and may wind up reversing Friday's Ruling.

No it won't. You've just reached the bargianing phase of dealing with loss.

Do they expect to get paid for not doing their job?

It appears to be that way. According to their statements, they are incapable of performing essential tasks of their positions. When someone tells me they aren't capable of doing their job, I wish them good fortunes and offer to give them a good reference if they need one.

Yup. If your religion makes your job impossible, find another job.

I call this karma.

If you use deception to achieve a goal....expect a backlash.

Personally, I think Gays deserve the right to marry.....but Obama has established a precedent......If you don't follow the law as a leader....how can you expect your followers or your opposition to follow the law.

I call this karma.

Personally, I think Gays deserve the right to marry.....but Obama has established a precedent......If you don't follow the law as a leader....how can you expect your followers or your opposition to follow the law.

And what deception did gays use? They were pretty straight forward about what they wanted.

Call it an Executive Order by the clerks in these places to ignore the law. It was good enough for Obama, it's good enough for anyone else.

This is what- Silhouette's 2nd or 3d whine about gay marriage today?

The meltdown continues.....

I call this karma.

I only disagree on you using the word "right".

Forum List

Back