Keith O on a roll

olbermann_lg.jpg

I am also surprised it took 33 posts for some left leaning asshat to bring up Obama's race.
It's indicative of the utter lack of respect the rabid Right has for President Obama.

Bullshit, it's a very small minority that dislike him because of his race. Most of us that dislike him do so simply because he's a fuckin' idiot that doesn't believe in what this country used to stand for.
And what, in your estimation, did this country stand for?

Were those virtues defended by the last president? Can you defend the previous president as NOT being, in your words, a fuckin' idiot?

One does not build a structure by throwing materials together until something sticks. One builds by actually joining materials together in a planned manner.

The critics of Obama are not trying to build anything. they keep throwing stuff at a wall hoping something sticks. What they are doing is a ham-handed stab at de-legitimizing Obama.

Funny. After the Florida debacle, the rabid Right said "get over it!". And that was a stolen election. Right/Wrong? Didn't matter to the rabid Right then! But now that a Black man has been legitimately elected, the rabid Right can't seem to garner the respect for him and his office that they demanded for Bush (a real idiot) after he was selected!

The only real idiot I see is you.
Well argued.:cuckoo:

I wasn't arguing you stupid fuck, I was making an observation based on the stupid shit you post. :cuckoo:

It's indicative of the utter lack of respect the rabid Right has for President Obama.

Bullshit, it's a very small minority that dislike him because of his race. Most of us that dislike him do so simply because he's a fuckin' idiot that doesn't believe in what this country used to stand for.

Were those virtues defended by the last president? Can you defend the previous president as NOT being, in your words, a fuckin' idiot?

Radical virtues like personal responsibility. Picking yourself up after a kick in the nuts, not standing with your dick in your hands blaming anyone and everyone for your misfortunes.

I didn't vote for Bush his 2nd term because ya, I thought he was being a fuckin' idiot, and you won't find I've defended him about too much.

Who said anything about the last derelict to occupy the White House standing for anything that this country used to stand for?

Radical virtues like personal responsibility. Picking yourself up after a kick in the nuts, not standing with your dick in your hands blaming anyone and everyone for your misfortunes.

I didn't vote for Bush his 2nd term because ya, I thought he was being a fuckin' idiot, and you won't find I've defended him about too much.
Could you cite specific examples of Obama's refusal to believe in personal responsibility? And if those misfortunes of which you speak are caused by others, not necessarily nature, would you still prescribe nothing but persoanl responsibility?

If you are elderly and sick, is it just your tough luck and, in the values of America (as you may believe) you either have to die and get it over with or go flat broke and then die in the streets? If you are a student in a poor neighborhood, your school is falling apart, your studies are interrupted by violence and gun play, should your neighbors help to provide a decent, safe place for you to study, or are you on your own and therefore expendable?

I believe America's best virtues are charity, empathy and help for your neighbor. If these are vile and despicable aspects of society, please tell me why you think so!

Wow...So much hyperbole and false dichotomy in one post, it's hard to know where to start!! :lol:

Would you agree that one of the prime virtues of America is its charity? Would you agree that one of the prime virtues of Americans is our willingness and ability to help out our neighbors?

And that rug really tied the room together, did it not?

What charity is there in compulsion?
I am compelled to pay for all sorts of crap I don't agree with! I pay for corporate welfare. I pay for crop subsidies. I pay for the execution of prisoners. I pay for $700 toilet seats.

And yet I pay.

When you get your panties all wadded up over helping the elderly, the poor, the mentally challenged you just sound petty, greedy and absurd.

That wasn't the question....And my undies aren't in any wad.

Now, answer the very straightforward question: In what way is compulsion charitable?
The compulsion is taxation, right? Conservatives hate taxation, except when the tax revenues go for causes they feel are just. Well, because you feel something is just, doesn't make it so. So, we pay our taxes. We are compelled to pay our taxes. And should some of those tax revenues go to aid our fellow Americans, I'm alright with that.

Of course, some of those tax revenues go to places not nearly as deserving as our fellow Americans.

It may not be charitable to give under the compulsion of the IRS. But when my fellow citizens are aided with the basics of life as a result, I find that compulsion a little easier to take.

Now. Hand me the ringer! Chop chop!

That some of the booty goes to do-gooder causes you like is irrlevant.

This isn't about the juvenile cry of "yeah, well they did it fiiiirrrrrrsssst!!"

Now, quit fudging and deflecting and answer the question.
There is nothing charitable about compulsion. If I used the word 'charity' it was for effect.

No it wasn't...It was for intellectual dishonesty.

But thanks for the straight answer, for a change.
No, it was for effect. The intellectual dishonesty is your distraction, not mine. Just as pointing out taxation is your distraction, not mine.

Just because you disagree that tax dollars should aid your fellow Americans does not make that concept dishonest. Either intellectually or pragmatically.

Forum List

Back