Those who manipulate with threats of suicide

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Are full of shit.

The ones NOT talking about it or announcing it in threads of what pills they took or will take, etc are just looking to manipulate some more. Kinda like munchausen but not really doing anything to harm themself..just SAYING they are or will. Its ATTENTION but without actually harming themselves.

Just sayin'.

Don't be led around by the nose. Buy some wire cutters and free yourself from their bullshit.

I had a best friend commit suicide about 6 years ago this past March. Shot herself in the head. She was beautiful.
I still am not past that. Never will be I suppose. :(

I've known a few people who have manipulated using such threats. Maybe that's why I'm kind of "cold" when it comes to that kind of thing. I've known people who have committed suicide, and they didn't announce it. Not even a note. There are people who go around and use it as an "attention" tool, most definitely. Sometimes they use other methods to get "pity" too.

I have/had a friend who had munchausen. I never know what the fuck was wrong with her...but I knew something was. Finally, her shrink broke protocol and gave me the rundown so I could keep an eye on her when she moved in with us. I had to warn all the hospitals to watch out for her. She would go in and complain about pain and shit, just to get the attention from nurses, friends, family. Finally, she had to start hitting hospitals in other towns. She even planted her ass in MY doctors office and writhed all over the floor but when he called me asking wtf was going on with her cuz he could find nothing, I just said the one word...."munchausen". He called the cops and had her physically removed. Which got her the attention she wanted after all. She could walk then...no writhing...no pain. Just answering questions while sitting in the cop car and people staring at her.

Cray cray.

Gracgenuinelyt: 14108733 said:
Are full of shit.

The ones NOT talking about it or announcing it in threads of what pills they took or will take, etc are just looking to manipulate some more. Kinda like munchausen but not really doing anything to harm themself..just SAYING they are or will. Its ATTENTION but without actually harming themselves.

Just sayin'.

Don't be led around by the nose. Buy some wire cutters and free yourself from their bullshit.
Some people genuinely feel that bad. I just say "I'll be dead in a year." Then Iay off, before I annoy them too much. I don't have the guts to kill myself, sadly.

I've known a few people who have manipulated using such threats. Maybe that's why I'm kind of "cold" when it comes to that kind of thing. I've known people who have committed suicide, and they didn't announce it. Not even a note. There are people who go around and use it as an "attention" tool, most definitely. Sometimes they use other methods to get "pity" too.
Those who actually do it, don't announce it. They keep it hidden. A secret. They don't want to be stopped and it is not a cry for help. Its PLANNED. Those who blather all about it on a message board or facebook or stand on a tall building screaming GONNA DO IT GONNA DO IT...don't. They want attention.

Gracgenuinelyt: 14108733 said:
Are full of shit.

Just sayin'.

Some people genuinely feel that bad. I just say "I'll be dead in a year." Then Iay off, before I annoy them too much. I don't have the guts to kill myself, sadly.
Me neither. Being not afraid to die is one thing. Wanting to be dead is one thing. Announcing it to all and sundry is a completely different thing and usually nothing but malarky. Or hogwash, for a better word.

ESPECIALLY when they post about it and what they took or plan to take, get pinked, then come back a week later (still breathing, mind you) and being all happy go lucky while talking about tit pics and whatnot. Hello? Some folks need to wake up and pull that ring outta their nose.

I've known several people who committed suicide and none of them said a word about it ahead of time, they just did it.

ESPECIALLY when they post about it and what they took or plan to take, get pinked, then come back a week later (still breathing, mind you) and being all happy go lucky while talking about tit pics and whatnot. Hello? Some folks need to wake up and pull that ring outta their nose.
Actually I think I did that on this forum.

One of the people I know who committed suicide was a girl I went to high school with. It was just a few years ago, and she threw herself in front of an Acela train. Can you imagine the level of desperation? I've been through some pretty bad shit and would never ever do that. :( I can't imagine the level of distress someone must be going through to throw themselves in front of a moving train.

um. ok.

A lot of us talk about death. Some talk suicide. Some ARE crying for help. One in particular is just a creep and an asshole looking for attention.

One of the people I know who committed suicide was a girl I went to high school with. It was just a few years ago, and she threw herself in front of an Acela train. Can you imagine the level of desperation? I've been through some pretty bad shit and would never ever do that. :( I can't imagine the level of distress someone must be going through to throw themselves in front of a moving train.
Bet she never let on that was what was in her mind, either. But...sad, yes:(. For her. For those that didn't know. The serious ones never tell.

Bet she never let on that was what was in her mind, either. But...sad, yes:(. For her. For those that didn't know. The serious ones never tell.

I can't say whether she did or not because I hadn't talked to her in a long time, but I know that everyone was shocked by it, including those who were still in touch with her. I didn't ask too many questions, so I don't really know all the details though.

As a shrink once said, "Suicide is the permanent solution to a temporary problem." People can become confused and kill themselves in hasty desperation. At the same time, 'not to be' can be a fairly rational choice. It also somewhat depends on the definition of suicide. Faced with immense suffering in a terminal illness or injury, inflicting death is merely setting the calendar ahead slightly.
But, of course, this is diverging from the point here. People should not allow themselves to be badgered by suicide threats.

People should not allow themselves to be badgered by suicide threats.
EXACTLY. Which is the point of this thread.
Someone here is doing exactly that. And when that doesn't work, she runs here to the FZ and starts shit while flirting with the guys then commits board suicide by mod by the most filthy shit being spewed from her disgusting mouth one could imagine.

Forum List

Back