KC Mayor to OWS Douchebaggers: Pony Up!

Yeah, that's a shady area, too.

I believe I'd pay money to see an Occupy Gladstone movement. It would go on for about an hour until one of the guidos gave them all an offer they couldn't refuse! :rofl:

Oh, they would hide up near the Gladstone mall and be protected by the po-lice up there.

Now, if they were hanging out in front of Cascone's up on North Oak Trafficway...THAT would get them some real unwanted attention!
Did the Italian restaurants ever stop burning down? Seems like there were a bunch that mysteriously caught fire when I was living there about ten years ago.

I think that ended about the time you left. I used to have a girlfriend who lived in KC so got to know the town pretty good. That and my wife has Mafia in her extended family so I actually knew Joe Carullo and Nick Civella. Interesting dudes. Not very nice. Best left alone in a dark corner somewhere.

River Key is where the restaraunts were having a tough time if my memory serves. Cascones is now citywide!

Oh, they would hide up near the Gladstone mall and be protected by the po-lice up there.

Now, if they were hanging out in front of Cascone's up on North Oak Trafficway...THAT would get them some real unwanted attention!
Did the Italian restaurants ever stop burning down? Seems like there were a bunch that mysteriously caught fire when I was living there about ten years ago.

I think that ended about the time you left. I used to have a girlfriend who lived in KC so got to know the town pretty good. That and my wife has Mafia in her extended family so I actually knew Joe Carullo and Nick Civella. Interesting dudes. Not very nice. Best left alone in a dark corner somewhere.
Wow, yeah, I wouldn't run afoul of either of those guys. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mafia-Machine-Story-Kansas-City/dp/1569804435/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325365565&sr=1-1"]By the way, here's a book you might find interesting.[/ame] It talks quite a bit about Civella, if I recall correctly.
River Key is where the restaraunts were having a tough time if my memory serves. Cascones is now citywide!
My wife and I lived downtown just on the other side of I-70 from the River Quay when we were there. We'd always go to the farmers market on the weekends. I always had this sneaking suspicion that it was some sort of money laundering operation, as it was always staffed by these very stern looking Italian men. I miss Cascones and Garozzos a lot (in addition to the barbecue, of course).

Back in the 1980s a close friend of mine was doing some maintenance work for a produce shop there in the Quay. He built a rapport with the owner, who eventually voluntarily offered to "take care of a problem" for him for $50. My friend didn't take him up on it, but he made sure to give the guy extra good service from then on. :eek:

I have a very high opinion of Taxpayer/Citizen rights. And OWS has crippled these struggling cities. Now why should all Taxpayers be forced to pay for that? These cities are now being forced to cut essential services for their Citizens as a result of these OWS costs. So if Soros doesn't want to pay up,these cities have no choice but to sue and try to get some reimbursements. It's their only recourse at this point. Did you see the horrific messes OWS left behind in these cities? Check it out and then get back to us.

Libertarianism for "The Business Owners and Taxpayers"and fascism for the lowly masses is still fascism.

Well then we'll see you in court i guess. All Citizens/Taxpayers have rights. Not just OWS Citizens. You better give ole Soros a call. Because it's time to pay up.

Um...so there's actual proof that boogeyman Soros is responsible and this isn't just the usual paranoid righty bullshit, right?

The problem with a leaderless movement is that the usual program of character assassination, bribery, lawsuits, police attack, media attack and so forth cannot destroy it. OWS is already morphing into something traditional methods are even less equipped to deal with, while authorities are busy despairing over the stragglers still trying to camp out there are others quietly formulating protest strategies that will rock your world.

Don't delude yourself. They have leaders...Soros,the Democratic Party,and the Liberal Press.

Again...

...proof?

Wow, yeah, I wouldn't run afoul of either of those guys. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mafia-Machine-Story-Kansas-City/dp/1569804435/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325365565&sr=1-1"]By the way, here's a book you might find interesting.[/ame] It talks quite a bit about Civella, if I recall correctly.
My wife and I lived downtown just on the other side of I-70 from the River Quay when we were there. We'd always go to the farmers market on the weekends. I always had this sneaking suspicion that it was some sort of money laundering operation, as it was always staffed by these very stern looking Italian men. I miss Cascones and Garozzos a lot (in addition to the barbecue, of course).

Back in the 1980s a close friend of mine was doing some maintenance work for a produce shop there in the Quay. He built a rapport with the owner, who eventually voluntarily offered to "take care of a problem" for him for $50. My friend didn't take him up on it, but he made sure to give the guy extra good service from then on. :eek:

Looks like a good book. I just ordered it! Thanks for the heads up! Your friend was smart!

Forum List

Back