Kavanaugh and the Separations of Power,

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
1. PROVIDE SITTING PRESIDENTS WITH A TEMPORARY DEFERRAL OF CIVIL SUITS AND OF CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS

2. ENSURE PROMPT SENATE VOTES ON EXECUTIVE AND JUDICIAL NOMINATIONS

3. STREAMLINE EXECUTIVE BRANCH ORGANIZATION AND ENSURE THAT OFFICIALS IN INDEPENDENT AGENCIES ARE MORE ACCOUNTABLE

4. RECOGNIZE THAT BOTH THE LEGISLATIVE AND EXECUTIVE BRANCHES HAVE LEGITIMATE AND SOMETIMES OVERLAPPING ROLES IN WAR AND NATIONAL SECURITY

5. CONSIDER THE POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF A SINGLE, SIX-YEAR PRESIDENTIAL TERM

(This Article is adapted from remarks I made at the University of Minnesota Law School on October 17, 2008—about two weeks before the presidential election.)

http://www.minnesotalawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Kavanaugh_MLR.pdf
(of course you have to read it to really see what he thinks)
------------------------------------------------------------
Two other articles follow.

I believe in a strong Separation of Powers , when I questioned , it seemed that ultra and right wingers also agreed on the Separation of Powers, save oddball who was anti government all together, or I'm thinking he was. But Billy K, dspahn, night-son, and Eagle were pro Separation of Powers. (as evidenced by this thread: Are you for Separation of power, why and why not? )

Therefore Kavanaugh is not someone we should want on the SC, no matter of the outcome of the investigation.

I believe he wrote this article for someone like Trump who wants extreme power and he wrote it for a man who one day would latch on to his views and put him on the SC.

https://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/for-brett-kavanaugh-the-separation-of-powers-is-a-one-way-street/

Brett Kavanaugh’s Radical View of Executive Power

Last edited:
1. PROVIDE SITTING PRESIDENTS WITH A TEMPORARY DEFERRAL OF CIVIL SUITS AND OF CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS

3. STREAMLINE EXECUTIVE BRANCH ORGANIZATION AND ENSURE THAT OFFICIALS IN INDEPENDENT AGENCIES ARE MORE ACCOUNTABLE

4. RECOGNIZE THAT BOTH THE LEGISLATIVE AND EXECUTIVE BRANCHES HAVE LEGITIMATE AND SOMETIMES OVERLAPPING ROLES IN WAR AND NATIONAL SECURITY

(This Article is adapted from remarks I made at the University of Minnesota Law School on October 17, 2008—about two weeks before the presidential election.)

I believe in a strong Separation of Powers , when I questioned , it seemed that ultra and right wingers also agreed on the Separation of Powers, save oddball who was anti government all together, or I'm thinking he was. But Billy K, dspahn, night-son, and Eagle were pro Separation of Powers. (as evidenced by this thread: Are you for Separation of power, why and why not? )

Therefore Kavanaugh is not someone we should want on the SC, no matter of the outcome of the investigation.

I believe he wrote this article for someone like Trump who wants extreme power and he wrote it for a man who one day would latch on to his views and put him on the SC.

https://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/for-brett-kavanaugh-the-separation-of-powers-is-a-one-way-street/

I view Kavanaughs previous rulings re: the DC appeals court & his writings as extremely right leaning; even bordering on support for authoritarian causes.

I can understand why Trump would pick such a judge as Kavanaugh; to bolster a SCOTUS that is right leaning, and potentially preparing for a 1930s style Germany.

We are living in dangerous times, when we have the intertwined helix of the GOP & the religious right.
This is a recipe for disaster.

Just ask anyone that may have lived in Germany during WWII that may have survived to this date.
I believe they would agree more so than disagree.

Nothing in your post supports your conclusion.

I have to assume you never read the articles I linked.

We don't give a shit who the left want on the SC. You got your two lesbo's on the court now its our turn.

You are a right winger, the right wingers that responded to the post were pro the Separation of Powers, I have to assume you want a dictator.

Certainly not. YOu found something you consider is a strong point, you post it.

What did you do? Post the intro? That's great. Very informative.

This will be tough for you when Kavanaugh is seated.

You realize there are 9 SC justices, your fear mongering is weak.

and you want one that wants a dictator and thinks the Potus is above the law. You are aware there are other judges in the US, don't you?

and you want one that wants a dictator and thinks the Potus is above the law.

Explain your hysterical rants, or stop making them.

We don't give a shit who the left want on the SC. You got your two lesbo's on the court now its our turn.

You are a right winger, the right wingers that responded to the post were pro the Separation of Powers, I have to assume you want a dictator.

Right, I want a dictator are you fucking stupid? Good grief the left are off the deep end. :cuckoo: I am a conservative who supports the constitution and rule of law. I realize that's like acid rain to the left.

So you are pro a dictator, you must realize the next potus will probably be a Democrat, its like be careful what you ask for.

So you are pro a dictator, you must realize the next potus will probably be a Democrat, its like be careful what you ask for.

I don’t care who is or isn’t in power. They are all the same trash.

and you want one that wants a dictator and thinks the Potus is above the law. You are aware there are other judges in the US, don't you?

You are lying, pathetic.

No. Tough for all of us. We will then have a mole on the SC. If you want a to live under a King go to NK. Seems Trump is in love with Kim.

You are lying, pathetic.

About what. I didn't write that, Kav did. Now what am I lying about????????????

Right, I want a dictator are you fucking stupid? Good grief the left are off the deep end. :cuckoo: I am a conservative who supports the constitution and rule of law. I realize that's like acid rain to the left.

Obviously you do if you want Kav on the bench. He is looking to change amendments. Oh, you didn't read his article , did you? Tsh Tsh.

Forum List

Back