Kavanaugh and the Separations of Power,

We don't give a shit who the left want on the SC. You got your two lesbo's on the court now its our turn.

You are a right winger, the right wingers that responded to the post were pro the Separation of Powers, I have to assume you want a dictator.

Right, I want a dictator are you fucking stupid? Good grief the left are off the deep end. :cuckoo: I am a conservative who supports the constitution and rule of law. I realize that's like acid rain to the left.

You didn't read his article:

Independent agencies are constitutional under Humphrey’s Executor v. United States.85 But what is constitutional is not always wise. And there is reason to doubt whether the elaborate system of numerous independent agencies makes full sense today, at least as to the rulemaking and enforcement activities at certain agencies, as opposed to their adjudicatory functions. The independence those agencies enjoy from presidential direction and supervision may weaken the Executive and strengthen Congress’s hand in the Washington power game. But this independence has clear costs in terms of democratic accountability. The basic question is this: Should the President direct and manage some of what now are “independent” agencies in the same way that he controls other agencies—by directing and supervising agency heads in their duties and removing them at will for any reason at all?

(Trump took his bait, the simple question is why didn't Obama?)

Last edited:
Also from his article:
Why shouldn’t someone have the authority to fire such persons at will? And if anyone is to possess that power, it must be the President. Why is it that the President should not have the power, in the first place, to direct and supervise that independent agency head in the exercise of his or her authority?91

1. PROVIDE SITTING PRESIDENTS WITH A TEMPORARY DEFERRAL OF CIVIL SUITS AND OF CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS

2. ENSURE PROMPT SENATE VOTES ON EXECUTIVE AND JUDICIAL NOMINATIONS

3. STREAMLINE EXECUTIVE BRANCH ORGANIZATION AND ENSURE THAT OFFICIALS IN INDEPENDENT AGENCIES ARE MORE ACCOUNTABLE

4. RECOGNIZE THAT BOTH THE LEGISLATIVE AND EXECUTIVE BRANCHES HAVE LEGITIMATE AND SOMETIMES OVERLAPPING ROLES IN WAR AND NATIONAL SECURITY

5. CONSIDER THE POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF A SINGLE, SIX-YEAR PRESIDENTIAL TERM

(This Article is adapted from remarks I made at the University of Minnesota Law School on October 17, 2008—about two weeks before the presidential election.)

http://www.minnesotalawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Kavanaugh_MLR.pdf
(of course you have to read it to really see what he thinks)
------------------------------------------------------------
Two other articles follow.

I believe in a strong Separation of Powers , when I questioned , it seemed that ultra and right wingers also agreed on the Separation of Powers, save oddball who was anti government all together, or I'm thinking he was. But Billy K, dspahn, night-son, and Eagle were pro Separation of Powers. (as evidenced by this thread: Are you for Separation of power, why and why not? )

Therefore Kavanaugh is not someone we should want on the SC, no matter of the outcome of the investigation.

I believe he wrote this article for someone like Trump who wants extreme power and he wrote it for a man who one day would latch on to his views and put him on the SC.

https://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/for-brett-kavanaugh-the-separation-of-powers-is-a-one-way-street/

Brett Kavanaugh’s Radical View of Executive Power
This is actually nothing new.

Since before Nixon conservatives and Republicans have advocated for an imperial presidency; that executive powers are far-reaching and absolute to the extent that the judicial branch of government lacks the authority to check the executive.

Needless to say, this applies solely to Republican presidents; Democratic presidents are ‘tyrants’ and ‘dictators.’

1. PROVIDE SITTING PRESIDENTS WITH A TEMPORARY DEFERRAL OF CIVIL SUITS AND OF CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS

3. STREAMLINE EXECUTIVE BRANCH ORGANIZATION AND ENSURE THAT OFFICIALS IN INDEPENDENT AGENCIES ARE MORE ACCOUNTABLE

4. RECOGNIZE THAT BOTH THE LEGISLATIVE AND EXECUTIVE BRANCHES HAVE LEGITIMATE AND SOMETIMES OVERLAPPING ROLES IN WAR AND NATIONAL SECURITY

(This Article is adapted from remarks I made at the University of Minnesota Law School on October 17, 2008—about two weeks before the presidential election.)

I believe in a strong Separation of Powers , when I questioned , it seemed that ultra and right wingers also agreed on the Separation of Powers, save oddball who was anti government all together, or I'm thinking he was. But Billy K, dspahn, night-son, and Eagle were pro Separation of Powers. (as evidenced by this thread: Are you for Separation of power, why and why not? )

Therefore Kavanaugh is not someone we should want on the SC, no matter of the outcome of the investigation.

I believe he wrote this article for someone like Trump who wants extreme power and he wrote it for a man who one day would latch on to his views and put him on the SC.

https://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/for-brett-kavanaugh-the-separation-of-powers-is-a-one-way-street/

This will be tough for you when Kavanaugh is seated.

No. Tough for all of us. We will then have a mole on the SC. If you want a to live under a King go to NK. Seems Trump is in love with Kim.

Do you realize you have done NOTHING to support your hysterical panic mongering?

Or was that always your plan? To just rave like a loon, without actually saying anything?

No. Tough for all of us. We will then have a mole on the SC. If you want a to live under a King go to NK. Seems Trump is in love with Kim.

However you need to go about accepting it. No one buys the fake rape thing.

Do you realize you have done NOTHING to support your hysterical panic mongering?

Or was that always your plan? To just rave like a loon, without actually saying anything?

Hey this is his belief and that is why Trump wants him on the court, you really don't think he gives a rip about abortion do you. He could careless. He is a serial adultery, and a huge liar, so he wants people that can be bought on the court on his side.

This is actually nothing new.

Since before Nixon conservatives and Republicans have advocated for an imperial presidency; that executive powers are far-reaching and absolute to the extent that the judicial branch of government lacks the authority to check the executive.

Needless to say, this applies solely to Republican presidents; Democratic presidents are ‘tyrants’ and ‘dictators.’

THAT is a reason to oppose Kavenaugh on the merits. He has one standard for dems and another for gopers. Whether he favors bigger govt at the expense of individuals or a limitation on choice .... those are issue of const interpretation. Graham's right, the potus gets to pick and if the nominee is qualified the Senate confirms. Kavenaugh's political agenda is an open question. That's why he was not the fav of some gop senators even.

The Me too thing is new. Does what happened 30 years ago in a HS party where no rape actually occurred matter? Do men need to apologize for what they may not even remember? Graham lacks the experience and even temperament to ask those questions. Saying Ford should be heard was not necessarily all political.

Hey this is his belief and that is why Trump wants him on the court, you really don't think he gives a rip about abortion do you. He could careless. He is a serial adultery, and a huge liar, so he wants people that can be bought on the court on his side.

We already heard your hysterical position. I've pointed out that you've done nothing to support it.

Hint: repeating your self is not a supporting argument.

Any time you want to start backing up your hysterical claims, you go right ahead.

Forum List

Back