Karl Rove ‘offended’ by Clint Eastwood’s Chrysler ad

Chrysler salvaged, thousands of jobs saved, at a price of 1.3 billion dollars. Somebody else posted the info.

Save Chrysler or invade Iraq? Hmmm.

Uncensored, you are obviously not a Conservative.

Hollywood puts politics in their movies all of the time.

Now they're putting it in their ads.

I'm sick of it.

Check this out, if you want to know just how insidious it really is becoming:

Two members of the creative team that produced the two-minute minute spot for ad agency Wieden+Kennedy donated their personal time in 2008 to make pro-Obama art.

(Chrysler paid NBC about $12.8 million to air the spot; Eastwood will reportedly donate his fees for narrating and briefly appearing in the ad to charity.)

Wieden+Kennedy, which produced “It’s Halftime in America,” has a reputation as a highly creative ad agency with a flair for weaving appealing, socially conscious themes into its clients’ messages. Its major corporate accounts include Nike, Coca Cola, ESPN, Honda, Old Spice, Microsoft, Proctor and Gamble, Starbucks, Heineken, Dodge and Chrysler for which it produced a Super Bowl spot last year. The agency currently is collaborating with former Vice President Al Gore on a project linking gaming and concern over global warming.

Clint Eastwood's Chrysler Super Bowl Ad: The Untold Obama Connection - The Hollywood Reporter
Ooooh!! Scary!!!!!

Good luck running against Clint Eastwood. :lol:

The taxpayers were paid back.

No wonder you didn't get any.

No, they were not.

Taxpayers lost $1.3 billion on the Chrysler bailout.

You're lying again, Syndi.

"Italian automaker Fiat agreed late Thursday to buy the U.S. Treasury's 6% interest in Chrysler for $500 million. Once the deal closes, the government will no longer hold a stake in the auto company. Treasury officials said it could take up to three months to make sure the agreement meets regulatory approvals, but it probably will close more quickly than that.

"President Obama is expected to announce the agreement Friday during a trip to a Chrysler facility in Toledo, Ohio.

"The deal means the U.S. government won't get back the full $12.5 billion in bailout loans it gave Chrysler from the end of 2008 through Chrysler's bankruptcy in the summer of 2009. The Treasury Department said Thursday that Chrysler has repaid $11.2 billion, but it is unlikely to recover $1.3 billion. But government officials have long said that they didn't expect to recover the full amount they lent to Chrysler and General Motors Co. during the auto industry downturn, and that their top priority was saving thousands of auto jobs."

Link: U.S. government selling its shares in Chrysler to Fiat - latimes.com

Of course that's only half of the story. Jobs saved meant less home foreclosures and more money put into circulation. Less aid paid to the workers, more taxes collected and less fear across the nation.

Obama did a good thing and all of us benefited.

well, I am not surprised you don't give a shit about the money, the $1.3 Billion... you're a mumbling stumbling morning drunk who ' spanges ' and I throw loose change at on Telegraph ave. , you post from a fucking library for christs sake:lol: of course you don't care.........

Hollywood puts politics in their movies all of the time.

Now they're putting it in their ads.

I'm sick of it.

Check this out, if you want to know just how insidious it really is becoming:

Two members of the creative team that produced the two-minute minute spot for ad agency Wieden+Kennedy donated their personal time in 2008 to make pro-Obama art.

(Chrysler paid NBC about $12.8 million to air the spot; Eastwood will reportedly donate his fees for narrating and briefly appearing in the ad to charity.)

Wieden+Kennedy, which produced “It’s Halftime in America,” has a reputation as a highly creative ad agency with a flair for weaving appealing, socially conscious themes into its clients’ messages. Its major corporate accounts include Nike, Coca Cola, ESPN, Honda, Old Spice, Microsoft, Proctor and Gamble, Starbucks, Heineken, Dodge and Chrysler for which it produced a Super Bowl spot last year. The agency currently is collaborating with former Vice President Al Gore on a project linking gaming and concern over global warming.

Clint Eastwood's Chrysler Super Bowl Ad: The Untold Obama Connection - The Hollywood Reporter
Ooooh!! Scary!!!!!

Good luck running against Clint Eastwood. :lol:

Imbecilia ...its curable....well in your case, maybe. you should check though.

No, they were not.

"Italian automaker Fiat agreed late Thursday to buy the U.S. Treasury's 6% interest in Chrysler for $500 million. Once the deal closes, the government will no longer hold a stake in the auto company. Treasury officials said it could take up to three months to make sure the agreement meets regulatory approvals, but it probably will close more quickly than that.

"President Obama is expected to announce the agreement Friday during a trip to a Chrysler facility in Toledo, Ohio.

"The deal means the U.S. government won't get back the full $12.5 billion in bailout loans it gave Chrysler from the end of 2008 through Chrysler's bankruptcy in the summer of 2009. The Treasury Department said Thursday that Chrysler has repaid $11.2 billion, but it is unlikely to recover $1.3 billion. But government officials have long said that they didn't expect to recover the full amount they lent to Chrysler and General Motors Co. during the auto industry downturn, and that their top priority was saving thousands of auto jobs."

Of course that's only half of the story. Jobs saved meant less home foreclosures and more money put into circulation. Less aid paid to the workers, more taxes collected and less fear across the nation.

well, I am not surprised you don't give a shit about the money, the $1.3 Billion... you're a mumbling stumbling morning drunk who ' spanges ' and I throw loose change at on Telegraph ave. , you post from a fucking library for christs sake:lol: of course you don't care.........

$1.3 Billion is about 10% of what the taxpayer paid for one month of OIS (Occupy Iraq Streets). Not all of the 1.3 B was lost, as some was collected by Federal Income Tax and local sales taxes; some stimulated the economy as income provided to small business in the communities where auto workers shopped, in interest earned by banks and other lenders on homes not foreclosed, and by people like me with good hands able to catch all that change you throw at us.

Gotta go, the librarian said the whore house across the street is closing for the monthly STD tests; I need to go out and see if you have any change left to throw me. See ya in a minute.

You can count me as someone who doesn't give a shit about $1.3 billion, either, considering the benefits Wry already spelled out. I don't need your coinage, though. I'm fully employed, thank you.

I'm just glad Chrysler had all that money to make a commercial while paying Clint Eastwood to boot..

and just think, they didn't even give us taxpayers a shout out of thanks.
Eastwood donated his fee to charity.

Chrysler is making money, thanks to President Obama.

Are you now going to tell corporations what they should spend their money on? Hypocrite.

The bailout worked, despite the proclamations of cons that it was a slide towards destruction.

That's what pisses the cons off.

The taxpayers were paid back.

No wonder you didn't get any.

No, they were not.

Well, that beats uncensored's insistence that he is right.

Forum List

Back