Justify banning this rifle...

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
... with a sound argument, and I will support any gun ban you care to name.

tubb_2000_zps7ed9a28f.jpg

Note that a 5-rd mag is pictured; the gun can take any standard SR25 5- 10- or 20-rd mag.

Last edited:
No takers?
None?
It's too scary looking...Would you object to registering it?

Yes, registration is nothing more then the first step to confiscation. The Government has no compelling need to know where LEGALLY obtained and owned weapons are.

Would you support a 6 month period where the Government was free to ignore the Constitution to clean up gangs and their weapons?

No takers?
None?

Yes, registration is nothing more then the first step to confiscation. The Government has no compelling need to know where LEGALLY obtained and owned weapons are.

Would you support a 6 month period where the Government was free to ignore the Constitution to clean up gangs and their weapons?
I don't think I would support that six month gang cleanup unless it started on Wall Street.

Yesterday I listened to three Constitutional scholars talk about the Second Amendment on Pacifica radio which is so far to the left it doesn't accept any corporate advertising dollars. None of the three supported gun confiscation, and all three were clear on the level of violence that would result in this country if any administration was crazy enough to try.

For better or worse, guns are woven into the fabric of this country so completely that any attempt to remove them from private ownership will bring about the dissolution of the republic. (IMHO)

And yet the fear driven fools thing they are gonna take our guns away!

the gun fear is boosting Obama's economy though ;)

No takers?
None?

And there’s the problem typical of many Second Amendment ‘supporters.’

You make these highly hyperbolic and inaccurate statements which serve to only undermine an otherwise cogent argument.

Yes, registration does manifest an undue burden to the exercising of one’s Second Amendment rights, and there is indeed no evidence that registration reduces gun violence. But it has nothing at all to do with ‘confiscation,’ as no lawmaker or lawmaking body is proposing any such measure.

Note that a 5-rd mag is pictured; the gun can take any standard SR25 5- 10- or 20-rd mag.
I don't know what it is. But whatever it is I doubt it is any more lethal at any distance than a Remington 700 in 30.06 with an ordinary, well-zeroed, 3-9x scope and a clip-on bipod. The pistol grip is redundant.

Am I mistaken?

You make these highly hyperbolic and inaccurate statements which serve to only undermine an otherwise cogent argument.

Yes, registration does manifest an undue burden to the exercising of one’s Second Amendment rights, and there is indeed no evidence that registration reduces gun violence. But it has nothing at all to do with ‘confiscation,’ as no lawmaker or lawmaking body is proposing any such measure.
Yet. Thus the claim of "first step".

Tell me who makes it.

I don't know what it is. But whatever it is I doubt it is any more lethal at any distance than a Remington 700 in 30.06 with an ordinary, well-zeroed, 3-9x scope and a clip-on bipod. The pistol grip is redundant.
Am I mistaken?
It is designed to shoot under a minute at 1000yds.

You are an unmitigated, completely indoctrinated, liberal-lemming shill. That fact does not excuse your ignorance. Not only are their historical precedents that clearly indicate that "harmless" registration of firearms is the first step towards confiscation, modern day liberals themselves have most vociferously written and said that registration is needed in order to ensure total confiscation of firearms.

The Night of the Broken Glass (Kristallnacht)--the infamous Nazi rampage against Germany's Jews--took place in November 1938. It was preceded by the confiscation of firearms from the Jewish victims. On Nov. 8, the New York Times reported from Berlin, "Berlin Police Head Announces 'Disarming' of Jews," explaining:

The Berlin Police President, Count Wolf Heinrich von Helldorf, announced that as a result of a police activity in the last few weeks the entire Jewish population of Berlin had been "disarmed" with the confiscation of 2,569 hand weapons, 1,702 firearms and 20,000 rounds of ammunition. Any Jews still found in possession of weapons without valid licenses are threatened with the severest punishment.

The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything. No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence.
…
The very first thing we need is national registry. We need to know where the guns are, and who has them. Canada has a national firearms registry. We need to copy their model. We need a law demanding all firearms be registered to a national database. We need to know who has them and where they are.
…
So registration is the first step. Now that the vast majority are registered, we can do what we will. "Registration = Confiscation"
Posted on December 31, 2012 by R.D. Walker
Registration = Confiscation |

Forum List

Back