Just When You Thought This Administration Couldn’t Get Any Lower

Why that girl knew she was illegal when she started kindergarten. She should have high tailed it back to Mexico then instead of going to school, saying the pledge every day and pretending she belongs here and all the while breathing the white man's air. And steve's too kind, we should make who pay for the girl's wheel chair? Mexico!!! USA USA USA.

Just joking. I think the above posters that want her deported are the lowest of the low and they're probably proud of it too.
Of course they’re proud of being disgusting human beings. It’s the definition of deplorable.

Of course they’re proud of being disgusting human beings. It’s the definition of deplorable.

Au Contraire ... I am just glad to know there are compassionate people like you.
The next time I come across a 10 year old girl who needs medical treatment ... I'll break into your garage, steal your vehicle, send you the bill for her surgery and keep the car.

Seriously ... You can even blame President Trump if it will make you feel better about it.

According to the article, the parents crossed over the border when the girl was infant because they couldn’t afford the medical care in Mexico. So for the last 10 years Medicaid has covered their bill.

Funny I thought the poor couldn’t afford healthcare in America and two, I thought illegal aliens were not allowed to take advantage of welfare from the US. That is two myths I guess that are not true.

Agents stop ambulance, follow it to hospital, wait for emergency surgery to be over, take girl to deport center.

A 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy has been detained by federal immigration authorities in Texas after she passed through a Border Patrol checkpoint on her way to a hospital to undergo emergency gall bladder surgery.

The girl, Rosamaria Hernandez, who was brought over the border illegally to live in Laredo, Tex., when she was three months old, was being transferred from a medical center in Laredo to a hospital in Corpus Christi around 2 a.m. on Tuesday when Border Patrol agents stopped the ambulance she was riding in, her family said. The agents allowed her to continue to Driscoll Children’s Hospital, the family said, but followed the ambulance the rest of the way there, then waited outside her room until she was released from the hospital.

By Wednesday evening, according to family members and advocates involved in her case, immigration agents had taken her to a facility in San Antonio where migrant children who arrive alone in the United States from Central America are usually held, even though her parents, who both lack legal status, live 150 miles away in Laredo.

10-Year-Old Immigrant Is Detained After Agents Stop Her on Way to Surgery
Common procedure with criminals. You want criminals free. We don't. To make it worse you want criminals free and people disarmed.
A common procedure for a 10 year old?

Agents stop ambulance, follow it to hospital, wait for emergency surgery to be over, take girl to deport center.

A 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy has been detained by federal immigration authorities in Texas after she passed through a Border Patrol checkpoint on her way to a hospital to undergo emergency gall bladder surgery.

The girl, Rosamaria Hernandez, who was brought over the border illegally to live in Laredo, Tex., when she was three months old, was being transferred from a medical center in Laredo to a hospital in Corpus Christi around 2 a.m. on Tuesday when Border Patrol agents stopped the ambulance she was riding in, her family said. The agents allowed her to continue to Driscoll Children’s Hospital, the family said, but followed the ambulance the rest of the way there, then waited outside her room until she was released from the hospital.

By Wednesday evening, according to family members and advocates involved in her case, immigration agents had taken her to a facility in San Antonio where migrant children who arrive alone in the United States from Central America are usually held, even though her parents, who both lack legal status, live 150 miles away in Laredo.

Common procedure with criminals. You want criminals free. We don't. To make it worse you want criminals free and people disarmed.
A common procedure for a 10 year old?
Custody of illegals is. Certainly different than adults.

According to the article, the parents crossed over the border when the girl was infant because they couldn’t afford the medical care in Mexico. So for the last 10 years Medicaid has covered their bill.

Funny I thought the poor couldn’t afford healthcare in America and two, I thought illegal aliens were not allowed to take advantage of welfare from the US. That is two myths I guess that are not true.
It is illegal to use federal dollars. In a number of states applications for Medicaid are approved for undocumented immigrants and paid for with state funds. Also some state programs do not consider citizenship and many hospitals provide services to patients who can not get any type coverage; that is they write off the costs. Also emergency services can not be denied regardless of citizenship.

Possible the Trump administration can close all the loopholes and patients like this little girl can be sent back to Mexico to die.

Possible the Trump administration can close all the loopholes and patients like this little girl can be sent back to Mexico to die.

It's a shame children in Mexico (or anywhere for that matter) die.

Are you suggesting we should open the border to all the sick children of the world, provide them with medical care and let them stay?
Or are you just saying that if their parents break the law and bring them here, that's okay?

It's a shame children in Mexico (or anywhere for that matter) die.

Are you suggesting we should open the border to all the sick children of the world, provide them with medical care and let them stay?
Or are you just saying that if their parents break the law and bring them here, that's okay?
I don't think anyone in this country should be denied emergency services regardless of their citizenship. Nor do I believe children brought into this country by their parents at an early age and raised here should be deported. I think it's cruel and unfair to hold the child responsible for actions of their parents. And no, I'm not suggesting we have open boarders.

I don't think anyone in this country should be denied emergency services regardless of their citizenship. Nor do I believe children brought into this country by their parents at an early age and raised here should be deported. I think it's cruel and unfair to hold the child responsible for actions of their parents.

The little girl wasn't denied medical care, much less emergency care.
I agree that children shouldn't be brought here illegally by their parents and raised here.
If you have a problem with the cruelty of deporting children brought here illegally by their parents ... Take it up with their parents, not me ... :thup:

Saying it is okay isn't a solution ... It may be a pragmatic way of looking at things, but policy based on emotion isn't the best choice.

Last edited:
Which crime is it that children get to keep the benefits of the parent's criminal activitiy. Bank robbery? No. How about car theft, if they really really need a car? No. Actually nothing.

The entire family should have been deported long, long, before surgery was necessary. She got free surgery, now she can go home where she belongs.

I didn't even read the link.I stopped when I saw the heading >> New York Times. No need to read any further.

Republicans can't go any lower. They are already so evil. Don't get me wrong, they can do more evil, but they are already scum. You can't go any lower, you can only be more awful.

6a00d8341bf80c53ef01bb09a441a8970d-pi

I don't think anyone in this country should be denied emergency services regardless of their citizenship. Nor do I believe children brought into this country by their parents at an early age and raised here should be deported. I think it's cruel and unfair to hold the child responsible for actions of their parents.

The little girl wasn't denied medical care, much less emergency care.
I agree that children shouldn't be brought here illegally by their parents and raised here.
If you have a problem with the cruelty of deporting children brought here illegally by their parents ... Take it up with their parents, not me ... :thup:

Saying it is okay isn't a solution ... It may be a pragmatic way of looking at things, but policy based on emotion isn't the best choice.

Of course it's not OK. The responsible lies on the parents, not the child. Children should not be punished for misdeeds of their parents.

It is illegal to use federal dollars. In a number of states applications for Medicaid are approved for undocumented immigrants and paid for with state funds. Also some state programs do not consider citizenship and many hospitals provide services to patients who can not get any type coverage; that is they write off the costs. Also emergency services can not be denied regardless of citizenship.

Why the hell would you do that? You’re an asshole.
I certainly wouldn't. I said Trump can do it and judging from the response of his followers on this thread they would applaud it.

Of course it's not OK. The responsible lies on the parents, not the child. Children should not be punished for misdeeds of their parents.

I get that ... But once we pass that realization we are left with policy issues.
If you would like to suggest it is good policy to allow people to benefit from a disrespect of our policies due to the nature of their disposition in respects to that policy ... You are just not making any sense.

Why have the policy in the first place if you have no intent on enforcing it or addressing the concerns it was meant to prevent in the first place ... :dunno:
I mean if we are just going to up and decide that we are only going to obey the laws in regards to our emotional response to the outcome ... You are looking for shitload of trouble.

Last edited:

Why the hell would you do that? You’re an asshole.
I certainly wouldn't. I said Trump can do it and judging from the response of his followers on this thread they would applaud it.

Proof that she will die? Our health system is worse than Mexico’s, at least that what the left claims.

The BS the left claims and then when it doesn’t fit their agenda, they shift their BS to fit their cause.

The parents came here with the intent of using taxpayer funds to pay for their medical care. That's theft. Our mercy is, they won't have to pay it back. That's what they get which is more than most thieves get. Deport the lot of them.

Which crime is it that children get to keep the benefits of the parent's criminal activitiy. Bank robbery? No. How about car theft, if they really really need a car? No. Actually nothing.

The entire family should have been deported long, long, before the surgery was necessary. She got free surgery, now she can go home where she belongs.

Yes, the family should have been deported, however they should never have been allowed to enter the US in the first place, but they were.

Enforcement of our immigration laws vary depending on who is in the White house, current public opinion, and the state or city where the immigrant lives. If this little girl lived in California she would probably be home with her parents instead of in a detention center. A year ago she would not have been even noticed by immigration.

However, that is how immigration works in this country. Judges are given a great deal of latitude in deciding who get's deported. President can set aside the law at will. One judge may deport this little girl and another may return her to her parents. The only way to actually fix the problem is to fix the laws.

Almost all of our immigration laws are civil laws not criminal. Deportation is a change in status, not punishment. Being in the country undocumented is a civil offense carrying no jail time, and no required deportation. Even entering the country illegally is just a misdemeanor. Immigration court is more like family court than a civil or criminal court.

The only way to actually fix immigration is to fix the laws. If you want tough enforcement, then you need tough laws. If you want immigration courts to consider the plight of an immigrant or the value he or she has brought to the country or their community, then that should be part of the law.

Forum List

Back