Just say NO to Obama Care...

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
The Georgia Governor signed a bill yesterday that allows citizens of the state to refuse ObamaCare without penalty or fine. No person can be forced to buy insurance...no person can be fined for not buying insurance...no company can be fined for not abiding by ObamaCare rules.

Several other states have similar efforts going.

The Georgia Governor signed a bill yesterday that allows citizens of the state to refuse ObamaCare without penalty or fine. No person can be forced to buy insurance...no person can be fined for not buying insurance...no company can be fined for not abiding by ObamaCare rules.

Is it worth mentioning that the laws mean nothing? They're actually worth less than the paper on which they're printed.

I still cannot believe any government would try fining those who don't have insurance and all the other nonsense in this health care fiasco. Yes, those without health coverage NEED to be covered somehow, within the reach financially of the taxpayers, not some BILL written so fast that few can interpret the rules and regulations.

I don't personally want to see anyone,TRULY IN NEED, suffering without adequate health coverage, if any coverage at all,or for food and lodging etc, but I also had hoped that the billions and billions given away for decades in aid to other counties would have been better spent in our own country, first, and what's left over, fine, try help aiding other nations. Again, we have issues in America that demand we spend our monies here FIRST, health care,infrastructure, and of course defense, just for starters, yet we continue to try supporting the rest of the planet at the expense of our own health and safety.

Problem seems to be that many running our country today are putting 'others' needs ahead of our own. Will it ever change? My answer would be, never.

You can already say no to Healthcare Reform. Stick with your own insurance.

I say no to Republicans and this is a longshot but if they do gain any seats in November, they should expect the same treatment of their silly ideas as they gave Democrat's great ideas.

I say no to Republicans and this is a longshot but if they do gain any seats in November, they should expect the same treatment of their silly ideas as they gave Democrat's great ideas.

Yup Sarah we can make that choice, it seems that the hype in the beginning, saying we're going to be forced to do this n that was started by those who just like seeing chaos amongst the people, plus the fact that no one seems that many didn't even have a basic understanding of what this 'Cornfuzzled' Health care BILL contained, much less had an accurate interpretation of it's contents.

I think many, :lol:, might think of going the 'generic route' in health care and opt for what the government will provide, at the rate MY personal health care costs have risen, hundreds per month plus increased co-pays for two people, $12,288/year so far, and counting I may make another choice soon, who knows.
My family, well the wife and I, are, in my opinion, being held up by her company provided health care insurers and there is no end in sight for the constant monthly increases. They covered their collective 'losses' by jamming increased monthly premiums that are beginning to take it's toll on our already lowered standard of living without any end.

Here are ten benefits which come online within six months of the President's signature on the health care bill:

Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 26th birthday

Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions

No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage

Free preventative care for all

Adults with pre-existing conditions may buy into a national high-risk pool until the exchanges come online. While these will not be cheap, they’re still better than total exclusion and get some benefit from a wider pool of insureds.

Small businesses will be entitled to a tax credit for 2009 and 2010, which could be as much as 50% of what they pay for employees’ health insurance.

The “donut hole” closes for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors.

Requirement that all insurers must post their balance sheets on the Internet and fully disclose administrative costs, executive compensation packages, and benefit payments.

Authorizes early funding of community health centers in all 50 states (Bernie Sanders’ amendment). Community health centers provide primary, dental and vision services to people in the community, based on a sliding scale for payment according to ability to pay.
AND no more rescissions. Effective immediately, you can't lose your insurance because you get sick.

Why anyone would want these things repealed is beyond me. Seriously.

it's a vicious circle, Gatekeeper. But it could be greatly slowed down by the passage of tort reform - and we should demand tort reform.

it's a vicious circle, Gatekeeper. But it could be greatly slowed down by the passage of tort reform - and we should demand tort reform.

Right on there Granny, if we could only limit GREED, a lot of issues could be resolved or at least on the road to extreme fairness to all.

And Sarah, your right, that list is beneficial to everyone I have to admit. I couldn't say no to anything on it.

Yup Sarah we can make that choice, it seems that the hype in the beginning, saying we're going to be forced to do this n that was started by those who just like seeing chaos amongst the people, plus the fact that no one seems that many didn't even have a basic understanding of what this 'Cornfuzzled' Health care BILL contained, much less had an accurate interpretation of it's contents.

I think many, :lol:, might think of going the 'generic route' in health care and opt for what the government will provide, at the rate MY personal health care costs have risen, hundreds per month plus increased co-pays for two people, $12,288/year so far, and counting I may make another choice soon, who knows.
My family, well the wife and I, are, in my opinion, being held up by her company provided health care insurers and there is no end in sight for the constant monthly increases. They covered their collective 'losses' by jamming increased monthly premiums that are beginning to take it's toll on our already lowered standard of living without any end.

Healthcare costs can ruin you but when the Doc says you need something done, you can't just ignore it. That is a lot of money to be paying out, please take care of yourself and those in your family.

Healthcare costs can ruin you but when the Doc says you need something done, you can't just ignore it. That is a lot of money to be paying out, please take care of yourself and those in your family.

Thanks Sarah, and this is an issue facing millions of us now,we are being taken for millions and no one can do anything about it, and nothing will as long as those that 'control the wealth' run the show and control every aspect of our lives.

'They', our 'leaders' pass laws favoring the wealthy and big business, and if for some reason some laws are passed by them favoring the 'little guy', those with the power jack rates for services and whatever they can using a well formulated reasons why they must do so. I am sure everyone has a 'heads up' on upcoming legislation so they can prepare to screw us all to the financial wall.

BTW, look at whats up and coming in the MEDIA, cable, internet etc, from what I am reading and hearing, some from those high up in the media, things are going to be changed like never before, if they can pull it off, with the help of the FCC and other entities. We think we have seen the $ nickle and dime $ bleeding of customers? You ain't seen nothing yet! But that's for another thread. I talk to some of these people, in my life away from USMB, several times a week, and I remain neutral for obvious reasons.

Is it worth mentioning that the laws mean nothing? They're actually worth less than the paper on which they're printed.
States Rights will prevail. There are many other states writing similar laws.

Revenge, what an intelligent way to run a country.

Your statement is truly one of the more selfish I have read on this board. If every change in power becomes nothing more that payback for voting a certain way on previous legislation, this country is doomed.
I find it hard to believe anyone would advocate your stance. What if it is really good legislation, that would help this country out of the mess we are in, you would rather have your "side" vote against it simply to pay back the other "side"? With that logic, we all continue to lose, even you.

Well, that was a waste of ink.

Don't bet on it.
What great ideas? :confused: All I've seen is nonsense that's failed everywhere it's been tried and/or is unConstitutional -- like forcing people to buy something.

Forum List

Back