Just say NO to Obama Care...

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by asaratis, Jun 23, 2010.

1. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,527
    The Georgia Governor signed a bill yesterday that allows citizens of the state to refuse ObamaCare without penalty or fine. No person can be forced to buy insurance...no person can be fined for not buying insurance...no company can be fined for not abiding by ObamaCare rules.

Several other states have similar efforts going.

2. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Is it worth mentioning that the laws mean nothing? They're actually worth less than the paper on which they're printed.

3. Gremlin-USA

Gremlin-USA <<< Me in 1970

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I refuse BO Care, I will quit my jobs and become a Moocher, then they cannot make me pay for BO care :razz::razz::razz:

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    I still cannot believe any government would try fining those who don't have insurance and all the other nonsense in this health care fiasco. Yes, those without health coverage NEED to be covered somehow, within the reach financially of the taxpayers, not some BILL written so fast that few can interpret the rules and regulations.

I don't personally want to see anyone,TRULY IN NEED, suffering without adequate health coverage, if any coverage at all,or for food and lodging etc, but I also had hoped that the billions and billions given away for decades in aid to other counties would have been better spent in our own country, first, and what's left over, fine, try help aiding other nations. Again, we have issues in America that demand we spend our monies here FIRST, health care,infrastructure, and of course defense, just for starters, yet we continue to try supporting the rest of the planet at the expense of our own health and safety.

Problem seems to be that many running our country today are putting 'others' needs ahead of our own. Will it ever change? My answer would be, never.

5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,004
    You can already say no to Healthcare Reform. Stick with your own insurance.

I say no to Republicans and this is a longshot but if they do gain any seats in November, they should expect the same treatment of their silly ideas as they gave Democrat's great ideas.

6. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,827

Good plan :cuckoo:

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Yup Sarah we can make that choice, it seems that the hype in the beginning, saying we're going to be forced to do this n that was started by those who just like seeing chaos amongst the people, plus the fact that no one seems that many didn't even have a basic understanding of what this 'Cornfuzzled' Health care BILL contained, much less had an accurate interpretation of it's contents.

I think many, :lol:, might think of going the 'generic route' in health care and opt for what the government will provide, at the rate MY personal health care costs have risen, hundreds per month plus increased co-pays for two people, $12,288/year so far, and counting I may make another choice soon, who knows.
    My family, well the wife and I, are, in my opinion, being held up by her company provided health care insurers and there is no end in sight for the constant monthly increases. They covered their collective 'losses' by jamming increased monthly premiums that are beginning to take it's toll on our already lowered standard of living without any end.

8. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,004
    Here are ten benefits which come online within six months of the President's signature on the health care bill:

Why anyone would want these things repealed is beyond me. Seriously.

9. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    it's a vicious circle, Gatekeeper. But it could be greatly slowed down by the passage of tort reform - and we should demand tort reform.

10. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Right on there Granny, if we could only limit GREED, a lot of issues could be resolved or at least on the road to extreme fairness to all.

And Sarah, your right, that list is beneficial to everyone I have to admit. I couldn't say no to anything on it.