Sell The Pill OTC?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Madeline, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
  2. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Sell something with proven harmful side effects OTC so more people can use it without an adequate explanation of the dangers? Why not, can't be any worse for them than smoking.

3. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    I agree - some of these birth control pills are really bad news and should not be sold OTC. They can cause serious problems like heart attacks, blood clots, high blood pressure - and you have to ask yourself if it's really worth the risk. Some of these manufacturers are really pushing the envelope when it comes to manipulating what comes naturally. What are the long-term effects?

And selling OTC is an open invitation to very young girls who are too immature to grasp the side effects. Sometimes the pleasure of the moment deserves a little thought before indulging in the pleasure.

It's a good question though, Maddie. Maybe some of the guys on here are parents of girls and could express their feelings on the subject. Seems like when it comes to their little girls, Daddy is usually ready to have the old guns loaded when they meet the young buck who shows up on their doorstep!

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Did you read the article, Quantum Windbag? You must weigh the disadvantages to keeping the pill prescription against the advantages of having it be over the counter before reaching a conclusion. No, the pill is not perfect but in the main, it is counterindicated for women over 35 with heart trouble or who smoke. I'd say most mature women can make informed choices and requiring a script is preventing free access to the drug so many need.

5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    No I did not read the article, I already know more about the side effects of the pill than I need to. The pill screws with the hormonal balance of women, and introduces an artificial hormone into their system that actually reduces their enjoyment of sex.

Do you seriously believe that selling them OTC, and exposing more women to an artificial chemical, is a good idea? Most people think that going the other way, and reducing the number of chemicals in someone's body, is the way to go.

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Where did you get this list of side effects, may I ask? Most of them I have never heard of.

7. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    Can't you, still, just go to the county health department and hold out your hand?

8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

Try reading the 10 page warning that comes with every packet of pills.

And what is to stop someone over the age of 35 who smokes from buying the pills OTC? The pill is great at regulating your period why would you want to stop just because your getting older?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Aluminum baseball bats work pretty good as well.

Greeting the creep at the door with a bat can be quite intimidating.

Immie

10. hortysir

hortysir In Memorial of 47

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,296
    :lol:
    I made it a point to take my time cleaning my pistol when my grand-daughter brought over her latest boyfriend.
    I haven't seen him in a while.
    :eusa_whistle: