Just got back from a wake..

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Of a really great guy. Was the father of an ex-girlfriend. He was a WWII vet, spent most of his life working for the MTA and never really retired. He did electrician work until a few years before Alzheimers caught up with him. He gave me a Ford Fairmont when I was going to college so I could drive his daughter around..and always treated me to the next door neighbor's homemade wine. He had some great stories..like the time he found a bum on the tracks..woke him up..and was later given a commendation for it..for "saving" the guy's life. There was no train near by..

Or the time he had to catch a women's pet chicken on a subway car.

They don't make them like this guy anymore.

Of a really great guy. Was the father of an ex-girlfriend. He was a WWII vet, spent most of his life working for the MTA and never really retired. He did electrician work until a few years before Alzheimers caught up with him. He gave me a Ford Fairmont when I was going to college so I could drive his daughter around..and always treated me to the next door neighbor's homemade wine. He had some great stories..like the time he found a bum on the tracks..woke him up..and was later given a commendation for it..for "saving" the guy's life. There was no train near by..

Nice tribute. Seems he had a full life, fun remembering the good times. :)

Sounds like an interesting person, R.I.P

Sounds like an interesting person, R.I.P

I'd love to hear the chicken story :lol:

Sorry for your loss my friend.
Loved the chicken on the subway piece.
Lost both my Mom (85) and Dad (90) last year -
What a great generation.
Sad for ya bro......

Thanks for sharing your memories of a good friend who passed, Sallow. I'm sorry for the loss he was to you and your community. Healing thoughts going your way.

Forum List

Back