Just back from a Mexican restaurant.

GotZoom said:
http://www.sammcgees.com/storegen/C200_41.html

C200_41.jpg

*looks for big red circle, with a slash thru it to paste over salsa*

Como le va! Everything is fine here! Pedro and I love Gainesville, GA. We found a place to live right across the street from where the smuggler let us off the bus. We are sharing a trailer with 9 other guys and they have a Ford truck with a camper shell on it to get back and forth to the chicken plant.

You remember Maria and Hector. They have two children now. They didn't have to pay anything. The Hospital took care of everything. The people here are great! Most of them don't even mind our being here. On the news every night they argue FOR us against each other. Hector got drunk and wrecked his car and his hospital bill was free too.

Here they have this thing called food stamps. Maria gets thousands of dollars of them every month. She uses papers from back home, you know, then she gets chicks from the trailer park to go with her to other counties and it really pays off.

Guillermo and I will be sending you money soon so all of you can come here too. It's only 1500 each and we can save that in a couple of months. Rent is only 80 dollars a month, our share and after beer money we can save alot!

The news shows are talking about this thing called amnesty that means that everyone who can sneak in here before they pass this new law will be given citizenship so we have to work fast. NO PROBLEM!! I got two jobs. I work at the chicken plant on weekends and work construction during the week. These Americans are stupid as shit! They don't want to work! Maria works at that hamburger place and gets all the free food she wants.

We love you and look forward to your getting here. It's really easy so don't worry! We'll own this country soon.

Love,

Monolito

Emmett said:
Como le va! Everything is fine here! Pedro and I love Gainesville, GA. We found a place to live right across the street from where the smuggler let us off the bus. We are sharing a trailer with 9 other guys and they have a Ford truck with a camper shell on it to get back and forth to the chicken plant.

You remember Maria and Hector. They have two children now. They didn't have to pay anything. The Hospital took care of everything. The people here are great! Most of them don't even mind our being here. On the news every night they argue FOR us against each other. Hector got drunk and wrecked his car and his hospital bill was free too.

Here they have this thing called food stamps. Maria gets thousands of dollars of them every month. She uses papers from back home, you know, then she gets chicks from the trailer park to go with her to other counties and it really pays off.

Guillermo and I will be sending you money soon so all of you can come here too. It's only 1500 each and we can save that in a couple of months. Rent is only 80 dollars a month, our share and after beer money we can save alot!

The news shows are talking about this thing called amnesty that means that everyone who can sneak in here before they pass this new law will be given citizenship so we have to work fast. NO PROBLEM!! I got two jobs. I work at the chicken plant on weekends and work construction during the week. These Americans are stupid as shit! They don't want to work! Maria works at that hamburger place and gets all the free food she wants.

We love you and look forward to your getting here. It's really easy so don't worry! We'll own this country soon.

Love,

Monolito

Grammar and puncuation is far too good for this to be believable.

:laugh: :thup:

GotZoom said:
Ok...now...let's see.

You have been on the board about a week. I don't know you well enough to determine if this is a "joke" comment or a "serious" accusation.

Please...enlighten me.

Hmmm, lemme check.

GotZoom said:
Ju lite mo cheeps n' salsa?

My first language was Spanish. But after 12 years of schooling, a bachelors in mass communications and masters in business I have lost any trace of an accent, but my parents and grandparents have a pretty thick accent when they talk english.

So yeah, I was pretty offended when you said that.

So, uhm. IN closing, and let me make this clear.

That was some racist sh!t to say.

Hope that clears things up for you. I know I havent been around that long and all. Didn't want to leave any gray area...

Emmett said:

Love,

Monolito

ok zoom, you're off the hook. This letter was far more offensive.

Nothing like perpetuating sterotypes, I guess. Makes small minds feel safe to think they've got everyone pigeon holed.

racist

Shaggy said:

Nothing like perpetuating sterotypes, I guess. Makes small minds feel safe to think they've got everyone pigeon holed.

racist

not to mention being a hypocrit...like 'la Raza' is not a racist group...and how much money did they make when they sued Fritos for the funny "Frito Bandito" commercial awhile back? To lose ones sense of humor is a sure one way ticket to mental disorders!

Shaggy said:
Hmmm, lemme check.

My first language was Spanish. But after 12 years of schooling, a bachelors in mass communications and masters in business I have lost any trace of an accent, but my parents and grandparents have a pretty thick accent when they talk english.

Hope that clears things up for you. I know I havent been around that long and all. Didn't want to leave any gray area...

I will refrain from cutting and pasting the definition for "Humor" onto this post.
Since you have a bachelors in mass communications and masters in business, I think you know it already.

I'm pretty flattered actually. Obviously, it offended you when I made a joke about a Mexican accent. I'm in good company though it appears:

Paul Rodriguez
Freddy Prince
George Lopez
Gilbert Esquivel
Rudy Moreno
Alex Reymundo
Jill-Michele Melean
Pablo Francisco
John Leguizamo
Rick Najera
Carlos Mencia

I won't continue the list. With your advanced education and degrees, I'm sure you see my point.

I will, however,l cut and paste the defintion to this word:

Chill: In the 1980s and 1990s, chill gained currency as a slang term meaning “to relax."

So, Mr. "My first language was Spanish but after 12 years of schooling, a bachelors in mass communications and masters in business I have lost any trace of an accent,".... chill.

Relax. There are people of all races who make jokes about other different races every day. Some do it for fun with their friends, and others makes millions and millions of dollars every year to entertain people.

But you know what? You know this. You aren't stupid. You see it, hear it, read it every day.

You could have let it go. But instead, you felt it necessary to throw out your chest and beat the "proud to be a hispanic, don't you dare insult me with your racist statement" drum for a bit.

Do you feel better? I hope so, because it just made you look like a bit of a schmuck.

archangel said:
not to mention being a hypocrit...like 'la Raza' is not a racist group...and how much money did they make when they sued Fritos for the funny "Frito Bandito" commercial awhile back? <b>To lose ones sense of humor is a sure one way ticket to mental disorders!</b>

Good God. Will wonders never cease. Something I actually agree with.

Must...rep....

Shaggy said:
Hmmm, lemme check.

Loosen up man! If I were to think of what I would have done had I not had a sense of humor, I dare say! You know, you can take things too seriously. Political Correctness sucks! It makes robots out of us man.

The fact is what I wrote does happen! I didn't say everyone does it just the FICTIONAL CHARACTERS in the little story. It didn't hurt anyone and I can bet a few folks laughed at it!

I live in Gainesville Ga and have an immense respect for Mexican and other folks of Hispanic decent. Their dedication to family and responsibility could teach many around the world. Most folks I know there are Catholic although there are some that are not. Their divorce rate is on appearence very low and they have a high moral fabric.

Feel better? If I would have wrote this first could I then have told an ethnic joke?

Loosen up young man and you will find yourself enjoying life alot more!

archangel said:
not to mention being a hypocrit...like 'la Raza' is not a racist group...and how much money did they make when they sued Fritos for the funny "Frito Bandito" commercial awhile back? To lose ones sense of humor is a sure one way ticket to mental disorders!

Fantastico!

Estupendo!

For all the Spanish speakers our there, I apologize for not putting the "upside down exclamation point" at the beginning of those words.

I have a racist keyboard that doesn't have the proper keys to type Spanish words correctly.

Shaggy said:

nothing more offensive than the truth...stereotypes, not matter how offensive, ALWAYS stem from a fact.

get a sense of humor. I am both part native american and irish...and I get BOTH ends of the alcoholic jokes from people who know my background. Ya know what? I laugh right with them, because I can laugh at myself, then I fire right back with jokes about their background.
Try the sticks & stones mentality, and you might find yourself less consumed by being offended by everything you hear, thus being a happier person.

my husband's friend told me this joke a while back:
Q:What is the difference between an Irish purse and an Irish suitcase?
a: 12 cans

GotZoom said:
Fantastico!

Estupendo!

For all the Spanish speakers our there, I apologize for not putting the "upside down exclamation point" at the beginning of those words.

<b>I have a racist keyboard</b> that doesn't have the proper keys to type Spanish words correctly.

LMAO!!!

Forum List

Back