Just an FYI . . .

This is going to come as a total shock ... but people are more important than animals.
:lmao:

The colossally idiocratic arrogance of the self-infatuated speciesist.

Predictably followed by:

If it came to that ... with a smile on my face.

There are some humans I would kill to save human life as well ...

1936nurembergrally.jpg

Note the camera angle --- the poster is one of the marching drones. Logically so, since he's afflicted with the same superiorist arrogance as they are.

Even if he was to think that people are more important than animals, does that make it okay to treat the animals in an inhumane manner? I don't think so. In fact, if we really were superior, we would not want to treat the "lower animals" badly.

The last batch of eggs I bought I made sure they said "free range" and were from a fairly local farm. That is all I really wanted to say, is to be careful of the wording on egg cartons, that when they say "cage free" that doesn't mean they are free roaming birds. I have no clue how this turned into posting pictures of marching Nazis. :D

The cages on some farms isn't about cruelty though. It can be about protecting the fowl from predators. A free range chicken would be coyote food in our area pretty quickly.

It may indeed be, but from the bird's perspective, she's still confined.

I'd still like to know if there's a (regulatory) difference between labeling a carton "cage free" and labeling it "free range". There oughta be.

The USDA requirements are that to be labeled cage free it has to not be kept in a cage and to be free range it has to have access to the outdoors even if that access is never used or that they are in a caged area once out doors. Unless the are certified by the HFAC as humanely raised, your free range eggs could very well be coming from just as poor conditions as my plain old 89 cent a dozen Aldi eggs (or whatever it is. I never look at the price of eggs from there. They are cheap).

When I can get them, I do get some local farm eggs from an old lady who treats her hens like they are her granddaughters, but she is very hit and miss with those. When I do get them, they are mighty good.

Aldi's eggs are 38 cents. At least around here.

They don't purport to be 'cage free' or 'free roaming' or anything, but I shied away from buying them simply because the price looks suspiciously low. Even though I sort-of trust Aldi's integrity generally.

If they sold the same eggs for 78 cents I'd be more likely to buy 'em. 38 cents just makes me think 'what's wrong with them?'

:lmao:

The colossally idiocratic arrogance of the self-infatuated speciesist.

Predictably followed by:

Note the camera angle --- the poster is one of the marching drones. Logically so, since he's afflicted with the same superiorist arrogance as they are.

Even if he was to think that people are more important than animals, does that make it okay to treat the animals in an inhumane manner? I don't think so. In fact, if we really were superior, we would not want to treat the "lower animals" badly.

The last batch of eggs I bought I made sure they said "free range" and were from a fairly local farm. That is all I really wanted to say, is to be careful of the wording on egg cartons, that when they say "cage free" that doesn't mean they are free roaming birds. I have no clue how this turned into posting pictures of marching Nazis. :D

The cages on some farms isn't about cruelty though. It can be about protecting the fowl from predators. A free range chicken would be coyote food in our area pretty quickly.

It may indeed be, but from the bird's perspective, she's still confined.

I'd still like to know if there's a (regulatory) difference between labeling a carton "cage free" and labeling it "free range". There oughta be.

The USDA requirements are that to be labeled cage free it has to not be kept in a cage and to be free range it has to have access to the outdoors even if that access is never used or that they are in a caged area once out doors. Unless the are certified by the HFAC as humanely raised, your free range eggs could very well be coming from just as poor conditions as my plain old 89 cent a dozen Aldi eggs (or whatever it is. I never look at the price of eggs from there. They are cheap).

When I can get them, I do get some local farm eggs from an old lady who treats her hens like they are her granddaughters, but she is very hit and miss with those. When I do get them, they are mighty good.

Aldi's eggs are 38 cents. At least around here.

They don't purport to be 'cage free' or 'free roaming' or anything, but I shied away from buying them simply because the price looks suspiciously low. Even though I sort-of trust Aldi's integrity generally.

If they sold the same eggs for 78 cents I'd be more likely to buy 'em. 38 cents just makes me think 'what's wrong with them?'

They have lower overhead than a lot of groceries, but my understanding is that the market became flooded with eggs after a supply shortage cause by the bird flu. Prices shot up so producers put a ton more hens in to replace them and oversaturated the market. I see people buying whole carts full of eggs there. I am always thinking WTF would that woman need 20 dozen eggs.

Forum List

Back