Just a thought about the pop up adds and our sponsors.

Mad_Cabbie

Gold Member
Nov 2, 2013
العراق
Not trying to be a suck-up here, but has it ever occurred to some of 'youse' guys that money for bandwidth does not rain down from heaven like manna - it has to come from somewhere.

????

So, instead of trying to figure out a way to not have to see those "HORRIBLE" pop ups - why don't you just click on one and ACTUALLY read it for once! No one is saying that you have to buy anything! Just look at it and SEE if it is something you would like!

You like coming to this site and laughing at stupid transsexual threads, right? Well, in that case, either become a supporting member or one who supports by ... wait for it ... LOOKING at the adds!!!

In the words of Bob Dylan:

"You will not die ... It's not poison."

:eusa_clap:

Not trying to be a suck-up here, but has it ever occurred to some of 'youse' guys that money for bandwidth does not rain down from heaven like manna - it has to come from somewhere.

????

So, instead of trying to figure out a way to not have to see those "HORRIBLE" pop ups - why don't you just click on one and ACTUALLY read it for once! No one is saying that you have to buy anything! Just look at it and SEE if it is something you would like!

You like coming to this site and laughing at stupid transsexual threads, right? Well, in that case, either become a supporting member or one who supports by ... wait for it ... LOOKING at the adds!!!

i actually did that once

turned out to be a scam

out of Illinois

--LOL

????

I wouldn't mind being a supporting member if it wasn't taken out automatically month to month. Or at least that is what I read the last time I looked. I'd rather be able to do it here and if possible there. Ya know?

You can donate whenever you want, whatever amount you want.

I am not clicking on pop up ads and potentially putting malware or some other crap on my computer.

I'm a supporting member, that should be enough.

AdBlock stays.

I wouldn't mind being a supporting member if it wasn't taken out automatically month to month. Or at least that is what I read the last time I looked. I'd rather be able to do it here and if possible there. Ya know?

You can pay by check.

As for the popups, nobody clicks on them anymore. Plus they're annoying as all hell and off-putting for the members. Above all, they help slow the site down to a fookin' crawl.

I say get rid of them entirely.

My guess is that more members will be happy to cough up some bucks once the site is ad-free.

• Banned

????

So ... evidently you have decided to pay back this site by asking people to NOT support it???

:eek:

• Banned
You can donate whenever you want, whatever amount you want.

I am not clicking on pop up ads and potentially putting malware or some other crap on my computer.

I'm a supporting member, that should be enough.

AdBlock stays.

Wolfsister, where did I ask you to click adds when you are a supporting member?

It was a recommendation for folks who aren't supporting members.

Oh quit trolling Cabbie. People would gladly support any forum that was looking to disseminate unbiased information. But there aren't any. Forums exist for the sole purpose of making coin. And the owners of this one are making plenty of it. There is nothing wrong with that of course. But let's not make the internets out as something it is not lol.

• Banned
Oh quit trolling Cabbie. People would gladly support any forum that was looking to disseminate unbiased information. But there aren't any. Forums exist for the sole purpose of making coin. And the owners of this one are making plenty of it. There is nothing wrong with that of course. But let's not make the internets out as something it is not lol.

Correct, the internets is absolutely not something that it isn't.

:eusa_shifty:

I dont try and make money. I dont have adds either. I like message boards so I invested in my hobby.

Last edited:

????

So ... evidently you have decided to pay back this site by asking people to NOT support it???

:eek:

Where did you get that from?

????

you can "de-select" subscription payments after your first installment. Its done from your PayPal acct management screen. Thats what I did because my finances run low from time-to-time so i don't like to have auto-payments.

Everyone here knows my view on the subject from last month when i called-out deadbeats who complain. You (rhetorical "you") wanna be a deadbeat? Fine. Just don't complain because the site IS NOT running on your dime or not be mauded the way you like. If you're not a dues-paying member (like kg for instance? ;) :eusa_shhh: )? SAVE IT :talktothehand: :boohoo: .

Last edited:

????

I have to agree, they help pay for the site, people should click on them and read.

Especially if they are stupid enough to complain about them instead of blocking them.

????

you can "de-select" subscription payments after your first installment. Its done from your PayPal acct management screen. Thats what I did because my finances run low from time-to-time so i don't like to have auto-payments.

Everyone here knows my view on the subject from last month when i called-out deadbeats who complain. You (rhetorical "you") wanna be a deadbeat? Fine. Just don't complain because the site IS NOT running on your dime or not be mauded the way you like. If you're not a dues-paying member (like kg for instance? ;) :eusa_shhh: )? SAVE IT :talktothehand: :boohoo: .

Thanks for that.

Forum List

Back