Julian Assange.... Hypocrite.

Take that, Skippy! :lol:

Yep. I have to say, it made me laugh a lot when I read that. :lol:
Typical leftist, isn't he? Thinks the rules don't apply to him, and that he shouldn't suffer any consequences from his actions.

It always makes a funny sound when leftist ideals and reality collide. :lol:

he seems more of an anarchist to me. either way, i think it's fair that he be treated in accordance with his desire for transparency.

Yep. I have to say, it made me laugh a lot when I read that. :lol:
Typical leftist, isn't he? Thinks the rules don't apply to him, and that he shouldn't suffer any consequences from his actions.

It always makes a funny sound when leftist ideals and reality collide. :lol:

he seems more of an anarchist to me. either way, i think it's fair that he be treated in accordance with his desire for transparency.

I say that he is more an arrogant entrepreneur who has a revenge in his mind. Brilliant indeed for anyone who can bring about this event to fruition (Anyone could have started this, but most would have been rendered useless pretty quick) must have a superior ability to prognosticate in order to setup the fault tolerances that he has setup.

I saw his first interview and his walking out of the interview. His facial responses are clear. This is a very brilliant man who suffers no 'tangents to his curve' in discussion. I can see how many would not like him and I can also see how many would follow him. But only after seeing his results.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53dKcAne4U&feature=player_detailpage"]Assange Walks Out[/ame]

Look at his hair. This is a man not concerned with appearances. I extend this to say that I would think that he is also not a man concerned with laws as they would only address the rabble, not him. Not using condoms when he said he was going to use them? Yes, likely possible.

Then they came out stronger in support. Can't say as I blame them. Ability is the greatest loyalty factor known to controlling humans.

The issue I have is with the US being unable to stop him. This lends more to the Political Paper Tiger theory than anything else (to my view).

Numerous interviews with close associates of Assange and others who have dealt with him extensively paint a picture of a man who can be brilliant and charming one minute but insufferable the next, who has alienated many of those around him and whose erratic personality risks undermining his mission.

Assange: From teen hacker to secrets leaker - U.S. news - WikiLeaks in Security - msnbc.com

i think it's fair that he be treated in accordance with his desire for transparency.

Normally I would tend to agree with you. However, it depends on how this man is charged or if he can even be charged.

If the US moves to politically charge him, then transparency is out the window with regard to evidence regarding National Security.

If there are any charges, I believe that they will not be of a civil criminal nature. Who knows what is behind the scenes with his culpability in gathering this information?

What I do know is that America is the most litigative (sic - 'so i'm a bit anarchist myself, but with words :thup:) society in the world. If they can't find something to charge him with, then I would be surprised.

One can not stop a tide though...

I say that he is more an arrogant entrepreneur who has a revenge in his mind. Brilliant indeed for anyone who can bring about this event to fruition (Anyone could have started this, but most would have been rendered useless pretty quick) must have a superior ability to prognosticate in order to setup the fault tolerances that he has setup.

I saw his first interview and his walking out of the interview. His facial responses are clear. This is a very brilliant man who suffers no 'tangents to his curve' in discussion. I can see how many would not like him and I can also see how many would follow him. But only after seeing his results.

I would certainly agree that he's an opportunist and is impressed with his own brilliance. And I would agree he is that. But I also, and people have argued with me about this, believe he has an essential dislike for the U.S. He has stated his "interest is not in an open society but in a fair one". Apparently, his view of what is "fair" is one in which the U.S. is diminished. We can argue the yin and yang of such a world, but I think it's clearly his wish. I also think he still remains a hacker at heart.... his love is in his own ability to trespass into others' business.

what i will disagree with you about is that he is not interested in appearances. I actually think his appearance is quite studied. He's an attractive man and I think he relies on being able to use that to his advantage, as well.

what i will disagree with you about is that he is not interested in appearances. I actually think his appearance is quite studied. He's an attractive man and I think he relies on being able to use that to his advantage, as well.

And as a woman, speaking of the appearance of a man I will bow to your thoughts. I do not look at him as a woman does.

So, with regards to women, yes this could well be true.

But with men, I think they move past the attractiveness and see his disregard with his tilt of head, and many other body movements as appearances of control.

So I will modify my view on appearances to add a studied ability to appear attractive to women.

:thup: for the additional information.

And as a woman, speaking of the appearance of a man I will bow to your thoughts. I do not look at him as a woman does.

But with men, I think they move past the attractiveness and see his disregard with his tilt of head, and many other body movements as appearances of control.

So I will modify my view on appearances to add a studied ability to appear attractive to women.

always a pleasure, kind sir.

always a pleasure, kind sir.

One thing I do see though. Your use of wording with regards to 'studied' was well chosen.

I do not see a love of women in his discussion with the CNN Journalist Atika Shubert. He may appear attractive to women initially, but I put forwards for only as long as he wants to keep those appearances up. I wonder if he makes up his responses. :eek: and I hadn't thought of that.

There's another name in Psychology for that kind of mind. It also fits in with the characteristic mannerisms.

I won't go there.... :eusa_shhh:

Nothing hypocritical about it at all. He should be treated different because his circumstances ARE different....

He's not special.... and the judge said as much. You must be used to being wrong by now.

The judge is wrong - how many protesters, police and media were at the court house to see the local villian who got caught shoplifting?

And no, I'm rarely wrong....:tongue:

Forum List

Back