Julian Assange.... Hypocrite.

Nothing hypocritical about it at all. He should be treated different because his circumstances ARE different....

He's not special.... and the judge said as much. You must be used to being wrong by now.

I remember my father lecturing me as a little boy when I was asking for some sort of dispensation. It was a "special" reason. He told me that there is no such thing as a special reason. All reasons have their own merit.

He made it clear that I wanted to be "Special". He brought out his pictures that my grandfather had brought back from Lithuania. Then he showed me pictures (that I had seen previously, but had attached no significance to) of North and East Africa, China , India, etc. I then attached my own significance from his words to my special wants.

The judge sounds like a learned man. I am happy that he granted bail for I personally doubt Assange will abscond. I believe his character would not support it.

:razz:

The highest degree hopefully aren't that common.

it is too common an affliction to be considered a diagnostic issue any longer.

Fuck Assange, fuck his defenders and fuck his "needs"

that is all. :smoke:

"Persecuted"? You just proved yourself wrong. He's a criminal, not a victim of political oppression.

Idiot.

When was the trial and when was he found guilty....

Patience.... that'll happen. And I suspect those who put gossip over national security will throw themselves into a massive rant about it.

What I found interesting about his bail hearing - apart from the judge's hilarious ruling about publishing Assange's bail address - was the time it took him to get the £200,000 required to get out. All these millions of people supporting him - including many very deep pockets - and every few seemed prepared to put their money where their mouths were.

At his bail hearing today, Mr Assange asked for his bail address to be kept confidential. The Judge ruled that not to reveal the address would conflict with Assange's commitment to open justice.

Read more: WikiLeaks' Julian Assange asked judge to keep his bail address secret | Mail Online

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol: What a dbag that guy is!

Still, what is the normal course of action in these matters? I do not think disregarding standard law is appropriate simply because this guy is so disliked.

"Persecuted"? You just proved yourself wrong. He's a criminal, not a victim of political oppression.

Idiot.

It appears that the normally intelligent Dr Grump has completely lost all sense of reasoned opinion about Mr Assange.
As I've said: Leftists never met a criminal they didn't love.

Your blanket statements of "leftists" this and "typical leftist" that make you look like a hyper-partisan jackass.

It appears that the normally intelligent Dr Grump has completely lost all sense of reasoned opinion about Mr Assange.
As I've said: Leftists never met a criminal they didn't love.

Your blanket statements of "leftists" this and "typical leftist" that make you look like a hyper-partisan jackass.
Cheeto?

cheetosgirlim7.jpg

At his bail hearing today, Mr Assange asked for his bail address to be kept confidential. The Judge ruled that not to reveal the address would conflict with Assange's commitment to open justice.

Read more: WikiLeaks' Julian Assange asked judge to keep his bail address secret | Mail Online

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol: What a dbag that guy is!

Still, what is the normal course of action in these matters? I do not think disregarding standard law is appropriate simply because this guy is so disliked.

That's the beauty of it. SOP in British Courts is for the bail address to be published. Assange wanted special treatment.... and the judge's reasoning was, to me, funny and absolutely right. Assange claims to be a lover of 'open information'.... but not for himself... just for everyone else.

Dave, I'll take those Cheetos now whenever you are ready.

Last edited:
After reading through the British press this morning, it would indeed seem as though the guy is seeking double standards, and the judge has quite rightly ignored Assange's plea.

I also think that he should be sanctioned, not disregarding the possibility of a custodial sentence, in either Sweden or the United States. If it did come to that, I would prefer to see him serve his sentence in the United States, because whether you're sitting on the left or the right, you can't deny that his actions would have, and may well have, put coalition lives at risk. And there's no way he or his associates would not have known the possible consequences of their actions. It may seem harmless because he's carrying himself as somekind of rogue journalist, and all this supposedly sensitive information is being leaked/published online, but professional accountability still applies.

But there is another undeniable angle to this whole sage, and that is that America has been mercilessly exposed for how incompetent they've been with regards to handling and managing sensitive data and secrets. And that the willful leaking of this material to wikileaks was done by government and military officials, which publically hints at dissent in the higher echelons of the US government. This is probably what they find most embarrassing, but instead of tracking the leak, they're gunning for the middleman.

Assange is going to be silenced.

My money is on India, with the help of the US and England.

After reading through the British press this morning, it would indeed seem as though the guy is seeking double standards, and the judge has quite rightly ignored Assange's plea.

I also think that he should be sanctioned, not disregarding the possibility of a custodial sentence, in either Sweden or the United States. If it did come to that, I would prefer to see him serve his sentence in the United States, because whether you're sitting on the left or the right, you can't deny that his actions would have, and may well have, put coalition lives at risk. And there's no way he or his associates would not have known the possible consequences of their actions. It may seem harmless because he's carrying himself as somekind of rogue journalist, and all this supposedly sensitive information is being leaked/published online, but professional accountability still applies.

But there is another undeniable angle to this whole sage, and that is that America has been mercilessly exposed for how incompetent they've been with regards to handling and managing sensitive data and secrets. And that the willful leaking of this material to wikileaks was done by government and military officials, which publically hints at dissent in the higher echelons of the US government. This is probably what they find most embarrassing, but instead of tracking the leak, they're gunning for the middleman.

They've already got the leaker in custody. So, no, they're not just gunning for the middleman. They got the leaker... now they're going after Assange.

Assange has, this morning, said he expects to be charged by the US Government on espionage charges in due course. :lol:

Forum List

Back