joy (dot) org - MALWARE warning

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
My virus software started going apeshit crazy starting yesterday, and only when I was on USMB.

In specific, I got a warning for a website trying to butt-in, called "joy.org".

Here is a screenshot of the message I got today:

$joy dot org 2.png

And the same message that I got yesterday:

$joy dot org.png

It looks like the website is trying to slip in a graphic called "MMM.png".

This is a common tactic among internet pirates - for viruses can be stored in graphic data.

It happened about 35 times yesterday and already 8 times this morning, in spite of the fact that I cleaned out my cache, flushed the DNS cache and did a full reboot in-between. It happened on about 7 different threads. It happened on both my desktop system and also on my laptop computer.

One more important piece of information:

it only happened to me when I was replying to someone else by having clicked on the "quote" function. It did not happen when I simply posting a response of my own to the thread without quoting someone. That may be an important clue as to how this site from the outside is trying to get in.

I researched the CHIP database about Malware from joy.com - no information yet, so it could be a new pirate out there.

Anyone else have this happen yesterday?

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

Last edited:
I never get warnings like that, you really should get a bowser that lets you block those things before your security software notices it.

Every time I think NoScript is too much of a PITA and ponder getting rid of it, I read stories like this and remember why I have it installed.

Forum List

Back