How to stop InfoLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
After creating a post, hit the EDIT button, then immediately SAVE it again. It will lose any InfoLink links it's picked up.

Let us please show management that we are not their billboards.

I'm hoping that resistance might convince management here to get rid of it. It's about the most annoying form of advertisement I've ever seen. Your post, for instance, contains two hotlinks advertising pizza.

It is paid for by the most annoying form of advertising with which I've ever had the displeasure to deal. Perhaps you were unaware of this, but there are other forms of advertising that are nowhere NEAR as annoying. The US MessageBoard management CHOSE to use InfoLinks. They need to UNCHOOSE it.

Idiot.

Last edited:
After creating a post, hit the EDIT button, then immediately SAVE it again. It will lose any InfoLink links it's picked up.

Adblocker means I never see Infolink.

Me neither.

When I first opened this thread, I had no idea what they were talking about because I've never seen it.

Folks have a right to critique management on certain issues.

This is one of them.

Do you really find it acceptable that making use of a public service should require you to acquire, install and use specific anti-malware software?

Do you really find it acceptable that making use of a public service should require you to acquire, install and use specific anti-malware software?

You think this is a "public service?" This is a privately owned, for profit board. It's been sold at least once, probably twice, since I joined in '07. Your membership here, and mine, is at the pleasure of whoever currently owns this board and his or her staff of administrators and moderators.

As I said in the other thread, I have not once seen what it is you folks are complaining about and I do not know why... Perhaps it is because I use version one of the boards two choices of skins?

This board is open to the public. It provides a service.

You not experiencing InfoLinks doesn't invalidate my experience or that of anyone else here not armed to the teeth. It is annoying and there is no rule against my petitioning management to get rid of it.

It is paid for by the most annoying form of advertising with which I've ever had the displeasure to deal. Perhaps you were unaware of this, but there are other forms of advertising that are nowhere NEAR as annoying. The US MessageBoard management CHOSE to use InfoLinks. They need to UNCHOOSE it.

Idiot.
And they chose it just to piss you off.

This board is open to the public. It provides a service.

You not experiencing InfoLinks doesn't invalidate my experience or that of anyone else here not armed to the teeth. It is annoying and there is no rule against my petitioning management to get rid of it.
I use Google Chrome. I just blocked cookies from quantserve.com, a targeted advertiser, that kept sticking while loading.

Learn how your browser works. Stop demanding other people coddle you.

Coddle me? Is that what you call it when you can walk down a street without getting mugged? Is that what you call it when your car makes it to work in the morning without breaking down? Is that what you call it when your wife and children don't lie to you? Is that what you call it when your doctor gives you a correct diagnosis and an effective treatment? Coddling?

Sorry, not in my world.

favre%20queen.jpg

Coddle me? Is that what you call it when you can walk down a street without getting mugged? Is that what you call it when your car makes it to work in the morning without breaking down? Is that what you call it when your wife and children don't lie to you? Is that what you call it when your doctor gives you a correct diagnosis and an effective treatment? Coddling?

Sorry, not in my world.

s1200_Lighten_Up_Francis.jpg

You run this fantasy that you're some sort of romantic, two-fisted gunslinger and you call ME a drama queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back