Jon Stewart to Media: Go Fuck Yourselves

You watch Jon Stewart long enough, you see the pattern -- what he lampoons is political bulllshit. The pretentious game is what he calls out; that's a constant.

I can't post videos at work but somebody could post the old one of Stewart calling out the old CNN show "Crossfire". Or Keith Olbermann. I never got the impression that his target is ideology -- rather, it's bullshit.

He's funny and he reports the most up to the minute news. He has a following that wouldn't otherwise know just everything that's going on. My daughter for instance just started watching him and she asked me if I knew about him.

I wouldn't be too quick to just write him off as a dumb comedian. He's very likable and he speaks to the right people. Fox, for instance, preaches to the choir.

How many times have we seen conservatives post messages about how Jon is just a nobody comedian who only skewers the right and how stupid liberals are for listening to him. But as soon as he cracks a joke about Obama, he is a voice to be listen to and is a bellwether of the true state of affairs.

Why is it that I can reach the opposite conclusion? That when Steward says something patently wrong or STUPID --- it's the leftists that run to point out he's "just a nobody comedian".. Maybe the left will be consistent and tells us now that he's saying stuff that's TRUE AND SMART --- that he's STILL just a "nobody comedian".. That would be impressive. :cool:

As far as Jon himself --- he's already "fucked himself" by being such a dedicated tool to the Obama/Pelosi/Reid revolution for the past 5 years. He LEFT comedy a couple elections ago to become a propagandist for the uprising. AND NOW --- he's tired of trying to do straight up ass kissing and running cover for the goof-ups.. I think he's realized how much material he's left on the floor because of his political leanings.

keep-calm-and-do-damage-control.png

How many times have we seen conservatives post messages about how Jon is just a nobody comedian who only skewers the right and how stupid liberals are for listening to him. But as soon as he cracks a joke about Obama, he is a voice to be listen to and is a bellwether of the true state of affairs.

Why is it that I can reach the opposite conclusion? That when Steward says something patently wrong or STUPID --- it's the leftists that run to point out he's "just a nobody comedian".

Just curious -- can you cite an example of either one of those happening?

TIA.

Stewart has some soul searching to do. He is being referenced by third parties as an influential political commentator, and he thinks he is just doing comedy.

Kind of funny if you think about it. Good luck there sport.

Let's be realistic here, Stewart offers "soft opposition" so that people like yourself (I'm assuming your a Dem/Lib?) can claim "he's been going after Obama for years."

Had he really been going after Obama, the left wouldn't love him so much and he'd have an entirely different audience.

You play to your audience and offer just enough soft opposition to not appear like the whore you are. O'Reilly is a master at this as well.

Which is what I perceive O`Reilly doing on a regular basis, which is why his show is, and will remain, #1 in cable as long as he is captain. Every liberal I know, along the coast, listens to him and when I have asked why, they all say the same thing in different ways, "because that is where the news is."

I like Bill because he is masterful, informative and intelligent, and doesn't let his guests spin the answers to his questions. There is only a certain amount of time for each segment and Bill knows how to make the most of it.

Megyn Kelly is much the same way. :D
O'Reilly kills in the ratings because he knows how to play this whole game.

Give some fair criticisms of the "other guy" but never engage in political talking points
Be hard, but not TOO hard, on "your guy" to make it look like you are fair

He tells both sides what they want to hear to keep them happy, but leans a little bit more to one side to appease his real audience.

The National Enquirer has a larger circulation than the top 5 newspapers combined. It's certainly not because of the quality of reporting.

Why is it that I can reach the opposite conclusion? That when Steward says something patently wrong or STUPID --- it's the leftists that run to point out he's "just a nobody comedian".

TIA.

Dear Pogo... It's been MONTHS on USMB since I've called anyone a stupid hypocritical asshole --- But you just won the award.. This is what you said about the Daily Show when you helped to get this thread on Sebelius's interview moved from Politics to Media..

Your argument at the time WAS EXACTLY that nobody should be held accountable for their comments on the Daily Show because THAT SHOW "was just entertainment"...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7954155-post9.html

Jon Stewart does an entertainment show. It employs commentary for its humour. This isn't even commentary, but a probing question. And he's right to press it.

Some of you censorial freaks would have pressing questions like this condemned. It's weird.

Thread should be in Media.

That's right -- Because Sebelius made an ass of herself on the Daily Show --- those comments didn't belong in a political discussion forum..

:cuckoo:

Which is what I perceive O`Reilly doing on a regular basis, which is why his show is, and will remain, #1 in cable as long as he is captain. Every liberal I know, along the coast, listens to him and when I have asked why, they all say the same thing in different ways, "because that is where the news is."

I like Bill because he is masterful, informative and intelligent, and doesn't let his guests spin the answers to his questions. There is only a certain amount of time for each segment and Bill knows how to make the most of it.

Megyn Kelly is much the same way. :D
O'Reilly kills in the ratings because he knows how to play this whole game.

Give some fair criticisms of the "other guy" but never engage in political talking points
Be hard, but not TOO hard, on "your guy" to make it look like you are fair

He tells both sides what they want to hear to keep them happy, but leans a little bit more to one side to appease his real audience.

The National Enquirer has a larger circulation than the top 5 newspapers combined. It's certainly not because of the quality of reporting.
You missed my follow up post.....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...o-media-go-fuck-yourselves-2.html#post8083180

Really?

They have a better accuracy rating then the New York Times. They broke the "Blue Dress" while the Times tried to bury the story. They broke the Gary Condit story while the Times covered it up. They broke the John Edwards story while the Times tried to cover it up.

TIA.

Dear Pogo... It's been MONTHS on USMB since I've called anyone a stupid hypocritical asshole --- But you just won the award.. This is what you said about the Daily Show when you helped to get this thread on Sebelius's interview moved from Politics to Media..

Your argument at the time WAS EXACTLY that nobody should be held accountable for their comments on the Daily Show because THAT SHOW "was just entertainment"...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7954155-post9.html

Jon Stewart does an entertainment show. It employs commentary for its humour. This isn't even commentary, but a probing question. And he's right to press it.

Some of you censorial freaks would have pressing questions like this condemned. It's weird.

Thread should be in Media.

That's right -- Because Sebelius made an ass of herself on the Daily Show --- those comments didn't belong in a political discussion forum..

I'll have to return that award to sender then, because here's the part you conveniently left out, carefully posting the single post without the context--

The OP of that thread:
This is important because, believe it or not, a HUGE percentage of libturds actually get their News from Comedy Central.

And no, I am NOT kidding.

While I don't like Stewart all that much, he has been known to skewer dimocraps; though not as much as he does Republicans.

Stewart to Sebelius on health care law ?Am I a stupid man?? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

<snip>The segment became more contentious as the Comedy Central host turned to the subject of the individual mandate, specifically the fact that while many businesses were given a one-year delay to comply with the law, individuals were not.

“If I’m an individual that doesn’t want this, it would be hard for me to look at a big business getting a waiver," Stewart said. "I would feel like you are favoring big business because they lobbied you ... but you’re not allowing individuals that same courtesy.”

Sebelius denied that was the case, but danced around answering the question directly, sticking instead to talking points.

After pressing her further on the issue to no avail, a somewhat exasperated Stewart finally smiled and asked, “Am I a stupid man?”<snip>

Worth reading.

dimocraps are going to take this one on the chin, boys and girls.

Believe it

I emphasized the crucial part since you've been looking past it.

The thread was about the Daily Show, ya dishonest hack. It's about Stewart and his handling of his guest. That's why it belonged in media. You never did get the point when the thread was live, and you still don't get it now. And by the way you never gave a good answer why being in the Media forum is the crime of the century.

Duh...

TIA.

I'll have to return that award to sender then, because here's the part you conveniently left out, carefully posting the single post without the context--

The OP of that thread:
This is important because, believe it or not, a HUGE percentage of libturds actually get their News from Comedy Central.

And no, I am NOT kidding.

While I don't like Stewart all that much, he has been known to skewer dimocraps; though not as much as he does Republicans.

Stewart to Sebelius on health care law ?Am I a stupid man?? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

<snip>The segment became more contentious as the Comedy Central host turned to the subject of the individual mandate, specifically the fact that while many businesses were given a one-year delay to comply with the law, individuals were not.

&#8220;If I&#8217;m an individual that doesn&#8217;t want this, it would be hard for me to look at a big business getting a waiver," Stewart said. "I would feel like you are favoring big business because they lobbied you ... but you&#8217;re not allowing individuals that same courtesy.&#8221;

Sebelius denied that was the case, but danced around answering the question directly, sticking instead to talking points.

After pressing her further on the issue to no avail, a somewhat exasperated Stewart finally smiled and asked, &#8220;Am I a stupid man?&#8221;<snip>

Worth reading.

dimocraps are going to take this one on the chin, boys and girls.

Believe it

I emphasized the crucial part since you've been looking past it.

The thread was about the Daily Show, ya dishonest hack. It's about Stewart and his handling of his guest. That's why it belonged in media. You never did get the point when the thread was live, and you still don't get it now. And by the way you never gave a good answer why being in the Media forum is the crime of the century.

Duh...

That was YOUR EXCUSE to not discuss the Sebelius interview in the POLITICS forum..
A public official makes POLITICAL NEWS with their comments even they occurred on the PEE WEE HERMAN show.

The QUOTE supplied made the OP SPECIFICALLY about her lying comments.

But there you were --- calling it "entertainment" when the NEWS WAS her comments in the interview themselves.. Hypocrit.

Jon Stewart was doing the job that the rest of the media wouldn't do. That is to warn us about Sebelius's tendency to lie.
And we know SINCE that interview -- that Sebelius really can lie her ass off -- dont we?

Last edited:

Really?

They have a better accuracy rating then the New York Times. They broke the "Blue Dress" while the Times tried to bury the story. They broke the Gary Condit story while the Times covered it up. They broke the John Edwards story while the Times tried to cover it up.

How about the Wall Street Journal the best selling newspaper which the National Enquirer has triple the circulation?
How many stories has the National Enquirer broke that were wrong? About 99.9% of them? I know their story "I married a lizard only to find out she was an alien from Mars" turned out not to be true! :lol:

gawd, the left creaming themselves over John Stewart..so much we have two threads on it

not a pretty thing

It's noteworthy because the liberal mouthpieces are starting to crack and turn on obama. They are worth praise because they are finally seeing what their messiah really is.

Is Jon Stewart a bellwether? We hope so. Stewart can be a leader, the canary in the coal mine, if he picks up the reins.

A bellwether is any entity in a given arena that serves to create or influence trends or to presage future happenings.

The term is derived from the Middle English bellewether and refers to the practice of placing a bell around the neck of a castrated ram (a wether) leading his flock of sheep. The movements of the flock could be noted by hearing the bell before the flock was in sight.

Miss the point much?

gawd, the left creaming themselves over John Stewart..so much we have two threads on it

not a pretty thing

Yeah, the folks from the left! Man, that is so irritating! You never see the folks from the right duplicate, triplicate threads, I mean never. Obamacare's fucked up website only had one thread. Zimmerman, one thread. Benghazi, one thread. I could go on and on. This is so irritating! The left just has to stop this crap!

not a pretty thing

Yeah, the folks from the left! Man, that is so irritating! You never see the folks from the right duplicate, triplicate threads, I mean never. Obamacare's fucked up website only had one thread. Zimmerman, one thread. Benghazi, one thread. I could go on and on. This is so irritating! The left just has to stop this crap!

chill pill dear...all I said is, it was so IMPORTANT there are two threads on it

dear gawd

Well the media is Globalist owned between 5 stations.

If not for the internet and independent media, Americans wouldn't be so brave to call out the Globalist puppets on their BS !!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back