John Stossel: The Speech I Wish Obama Had Given..

I agree with most of Stossel's 'speech'--I doubt there is anybody on Earth that I agree with on every aspect of every issue, however.

I agree that Obama gave a pretty good campaign speech last night, and I think 90% or more of it was pure smoke and mirrors with absolutely no substance behind it. Too much was stuff he could have been promoting for the last three years and hasn't. He religiously ignored the worst problems of deficits, debt, and the reasons that commerce and industry is sitting on trillions of dollars of assets instead of putting them back into the economy.

He sidestepped the 50% of American wage earners who pay little or nothing in federal taxes and again suggested that those who are in a position to create jobs pay more of the already huge share that they pay. Of course that exacerbates the problem of those folks sheltering their assets instead of investing them.

Stossel got all that right.

Yup as a campaign speech it was pretty darned good. If you swing that way that is.

Barry can't run on his record with the economy or HC because the economy sucks and the majority of Americans didn't want his bs HC bill.

That leaves class warfare which he spoke of last night. You know Everyone, except the 47% who pay no Fed taxes, need to pay their fair share.

I kinda figured that would be his mantra for the 2012 campaign.

The old divide and conquer ploy.

Forum List

Back