John Stossel: Let's Chill Out On Global Warming...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
More from 'The Man' with the best show on Cable News...

The Hill, the newspaper that covers Congress, says this year, there will be a major policy battle over "climate change." Why?

We already waste billions on pointless gestures that make people think we're addressing global warming, but the earth doesn't notice or care. What exactly is "global warming" anyway?

That's really four questions:

1. Is the globe warming? Probably. Global temperatures have risen. Climate changes. Always has. Always will.

2. Is the warming caused by man? Maybe. There's decent evidence that at least some of it is.

3. But is global warming a crisis? Far from it. It's possible that it will become a crisis. Some computer models suggest big problems, but the models aren't very accurate. Some turned out to be utterly wrong. Clueless scaremongers like Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Cal., seize on weather disasters to blame man's carbon output. After Oklahoma's tragic tornadoes last year, Boxer stood on the floor of the Senate and shrieked, "Carbon could cost us the planet!" But there were actually fewer tornadoes last summer.

4. If the globe is warming, can America do anything about it? No. What we do now is pointless. I feel righteous riding my bike to work. That's just shallow. Even if all Americans replaced cars with bicycles, switched to fluorescent light bulbs, got solar water heaters, etc., it would have no discernible effect on the climate. China builds a new coal-fueled power plant almost every week; each one obliterates any carbon reduction from all our windmills and solar panels.

Weirdly, the only thing that's reduced America's carbon output has been our increased use of natural gas (it releases less greenhouse gas than oil and coal). But many environmentalists fight the fracking that produces it.

Someday, we'll probably invent technology that could reduce man's greenhouse gas creation, but we're nowhere close to it now. Rather than punish poor people with higher taxes on carbon and award ludicrous subsidies to Al Gore's "green" investments, we should wait for the science to advance.

If serious warming happens, we can adjust, as we've adjusted to big changes throughout history...

Read More:
Let's chill out about global warming | Fox News

If serious warming occurs, we can adjust? It demonstrates a certain lack of logical thinking to say that AGW proponents can't prove their contentions and then finish off with a statement that's even less so! :eusa_eh:

Its nothing but a control tool the progressives want to dictate your life to you. Hacked emails is my response to any brainwashed believer of man-made warming.

If serious warming occurs, we can adjust? It demonstrates a certain lack of logical thinking to say that AGW proponents can't prove their contentions and then finish off with a statement that's even less so! :eusa_eh:

Mankind has always adjusted to their environment. It has been done before. Either you adapt, or you go extinct. It's not anymore complicated than that. The hysterical religious zeal over Climate Change just isn't necessary. Too many have made the issue a religious and political pursuit. Many approach the issue with Cult-like hysteria. The Planet warms, the Planet cools. That's just the way it is, was, and always will be.

Its nothing but a control tool the progressives want to dictate your life to you. Hacked emails is my response to any brainwashed believer of man-made warming.

CO2 absorbs energy. The amount in the atmosphere has been going up with no known natural cause. If those facts don't indicate a possibility of AGW, please explain why not. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Mankind has always adjusted to their environment. It has been done before. Either you adapt, or you go extinct. It's not anymore complicated than that. The hysterical religious zeal over Climate Change just isn't necessary. Too many have made the issue a religious and political pursuit. Many approach the issue with Cult-like hysteria. The Planet warms, the Planet cools. That's just the way it is, was, and always will be.

At least for the next little while until the sun expends all of it's fuel.

Death of the Sun: How It Will Destroy Earth (Infographic) | Space.com

I can't imagine how anyone could be more intellectually shallow.

Stossel doesn't say today anything he didn't on 20/20. His moving to FNC changes none of the credibility and veracity of his reporting.

Last edited by a moderator:

CO2 absorbs energy. The amount in the atmosphere has been going up with no known natural cause. If those facts don't indicate a possibility of AGW, please explain why not. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

And the cultists show up with their propaganda.

Ice core samples have shown that CO2 has been much higher than now with temperatures much cooler than now.

CO2 does NOT drive climate.

I disagree. He has by far the best show on Cable News. He usually nails things spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Stossel used to serious work when he was on 20/20 -- he had a prime time audience back then.

Now he's just a joke who gets some weekend work on Fox.

But cons and foxies love to get their science from a non-scientists.

And the far left Obama drones keep posting their propaganda as if it were fact. Just like the AGW cultists who truly hate science and believe in religious dogma over science fact.

At least for the next little while until the sun expends all of it's fuel.

Death of the Sun: How It Will Destroy Earth (Infographic) | Space.com

Yes, i tend to agree with Scientists who attribute warming and cooling more to Sun activity. They're the minority right now, but i think their opinions will be accepted by the majority at some point. Sometimes it can take several years for Scientific opinions to be accepted by the majority. I really think they're onto something.

I have already adjusted, I did away with the window AC units and went to a 15 SEER heat pump. I am prepared.

CO2 absorbs energy.

That is a remarkably simplistic analysis.

The amount in the atmosphere has been going up with no known natural cause.

How do you know it's not a natural cause?

If those facts don't indicate a possibility of AGW, please explain why not.

Uh, because you haven't actually offered even the slightest shred of evidence to support the notion that humans are causing any significant degree of global warming.

This is not true. CO2 level trail temperature by a good 400 years, both up and down. The biggest natural cause is the warming of the oceans. As your glass of Coke releases CO2 as it warms so does the oceans, thus CO2 concentration trails. Also as more tundra is warmed it too releases CO2. So yes there are natural logical cause of why CO2 trails temperature. Now there is a convoluted explanation of how CO2 trails but I have found in my lifetime the simplest explanation is usually the right one. I would ask you to google CO2 trails temperature and read for yourself, you will get both views.

And the cultists show up with their propaganda.

Ice core samples have shown that CO2 has been much higher than now with temperatures much cooler than now.

CO2 does NOT drive climate.

All carbon that is trapped in coal and such was once in the environment so naturally there was more CO2 in the past. Not disagreeing with you just making a point. One thing we really should know is, what is the temperature we think is proper. Colder is not an answer, and you won't get an answer from the GW fear crowd.

Forum List

Back