John Stossel: Let's Chill Out On Global Warming...

If serious warming occurs, we can adjust? It demonstrates a certain lack of logical thinking to say that AGW proponents can't prove their contentions and then finish off with a statement that's even less so! :eusa_eh:

Mankind has always adjusted to their environment. It has been done before. Either you adapt, or you go extinct. It's not anymore complicated than that. The hysterical religious zeal over Climate Change just isn't necessary. Too many have made the issue a religious and political pursuit. Many approach the issue with Cult-like hysteria. The Planet warms, the Planet cools. That's just the way it is, was, and always will be.

Conservatives are a marvel.

They claim to have a better understanding of man's baser instincts and motives, than do liberals. Yet, oddly enough they rarely seem to see any of those baser motives when it exists in powerful men who just so happen to be conservative in their politics. What should I make of that?

They engage in widespread rationalizations, and call it rationality.

They dismiss the knowledge of experts as being merely the opinions of those people, and then they elevate their own opinions as superior despite their own lack of expertise in that particular field of study.

When cigarette makers hired their own "experts" to investigate smoking and lung disease, is it really any surprise that they found no causal link despite overwhelming medical and scientific study to indicate otherwise when the cigarette companies had/have a very powerful financial interest in keeping people puffing away?

Likewise, after several examples of similar conflicts of interest over a period of decades, is it out of the question to consider the possibility that the oil/coal/gas industry might lie in order to try to prevent any changes to the status quo when the money involved is in the trillions of dollars and dwarfs the cigarette industry in terms of range, scope, and influence the way Mount McKinley dwarfs the hills of San Francisco?

But what may be the most amazing thing to me is how conservatives want to be taken seriously as serious people when they don't even seem to be willing to question the motives of people with such a huge financial interest while similtaneously questioning the motives of scientists who make relatively small amounts of money in comparison.

And that's BEFORE the science is even seriously considered.

If serious warming occurs, we can adjust? It demonstrates a certain lack of logical thinking to say that AGW proponents can't prove their contentions and then finish off with a statement that's even less so! :eusa_eh:

Mankind has always adjusted to their environment. It has been done before. Either you adapt, or you go extinct. It's not anymore complicated than that. The hysterical religious zeal over Climate Change just isn't necessary. Too many have made the issue a religious and political pursuit. Many approach the issue with Cult-like hysteria. The Planet warms, the Planet cools. That's just the way it is, was, and always will be.

Conservatives are a marvel.

They claim to have a better understanding of man's baser instincts and motives, than do liberals. Yet, oddly enough they rarely seem to see any of those baser motives when it exists in powerful men who just so happen to be conservative in their politics. What should I make of that?

They engage in widespread rationalizations, and call it rationality.

They dismiss the knowledge of experts as being merely the opinions of those people, and then they elevate their own opinions as superior despite their own lack of expertise in that particular field of study.

When cigarette makers hired their own "experts" to investigate smoking and lung disease, is it really any surprise that they found no causal link despite overwhelming medical and scientific study to indicate otherwise when the cigarette companies had/have a very powerful financial interest in keeping people puffing away?

Likewise, after several examples of similar conflicts of interest over a period of decades, is it out of the question to consider the possibility that the oil/coal/gas industry might lie in order to try to prevent any changes to the status quo when the money involved is in the trillions of dollars and dwarfs the cigarette industry in terms of range, scope, and influence the way Mount McKinley dwarfs the hills of San Francisco?

But what may be the most amazing thing to me is how conservatives want to be taken seriously as serious people when they don't even seem to be willing to question the motives of people with such a huge financial interest while similtaneously questioning the motives of scientists who make relatively small amounts of money in comparison.

And that's BEFORE the science is even seriously considered.

Unfortunately, too many have made the issue a political and cult-like religious pursuit. But it's not about that. You've clearly fallen into the trap. You see it as being about Political Ideology. Once you remove the politics and cult-like hysteria from the equation, you begin to see the issue much clearer. Try it out. Think about it for a bit.

Its nothing but a control tool the progressives want to dictate your life to you. Hacked emails is my response to any brainwashed believer of man-made warming.

CO2 absorbs energy. The amount in the atmosphere has been going up with no known natural cause. If those facts don't indicate a possibility of AGW, please explain why not. PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

I agree with the possibility of AGW. I don't agree with the dire predictions of it's consequences. So far a warmer world has been a boon to humanity.

Beside I hate this fucking cold, It's freezing in Houston. (But we'll be back to the 60s-70's by Sunday)

2. Is the warming caused by man? Maybe. There's decent evidence that at least some of it is.

LOL...Holy shit this must make yall mad

Instead of outright rejection that this isnt the case he at least admitted that its possible.

I agree with the possibility of AGW. I don't agree with the dire predictions of it's consequences. So far a warmer world has been a boon to humanity.

Beside I hate this fucking cold, It's freezing in Houston. (But we'll be back to the 60s-70's by Sunday)

See, this is the reasonable kind of position that the alarmists simply can't bear. Is it possible that humans are contributing to climate change? Sure, it's possible. Very possible. But that hypothesis needs to be supported by meaningful evidence. Not cherry picked and massaged samplings held together with shoe strings.

John stossel is anti-civization and hates science.

A true sock sucker that believes we can continue to be a first world country with a small middle class, no science investment and shitty infrastructure.

Come on, stop it. That's insane gibberish. Watch his show.

Forum List

Back