John McEnroe: if Serena Williams played men's tennis, she would be ranked dead last

How much you wanna bet that he and Serena have set up the match already.......and will both profit it from it.....

If the left was serious....they would begin the march to end male/female only sports...and combine them.......along with the oscars...no more male and female actress categories......as Dan Proft, my favorite morning radio guy says, you need to make the left wing celebrities pay for their stupidity...and forcing them to live up to their own hate would do the trick....

I don't know crap about Tennis.

But I guarantee a 98mph buzzing her dome would insure she would never get off a single decent swing.

She would not be able to drive a Golf ball 300 yards on the fly uphill into the wind. Or get out of deep rough to a green 180 yards away (consistently). Most men Pro Golfers can.

Yet, every show now has a woman announcer telling us how "it is" these days. Call me old-fashioned.....

They look great..........(sideline reporters) hotter than all get out. But enough is enough.

All that said........I doubt Brent MussBurger ever took 98mph to the ribs either? you got that right. Maybe they should be announcers? Whey not? Wear that skirt Carmen........wear it tight.

Sorry, you seem to be right about not knowing about tennis.

Women can serve well over 100mph. They are actually pretty close to the men in serve speed, apparently. Science Explains Why Female Tennis Players Can Serve As Fast As Men

From the same article, apparently the best average drives in the LPGA are a bit better than the worst of the PGA. The LPGA ranges from 226 to just over 280, while the PGA goes from 270 to 312. A bit more of a gap there. Average Driving Distance | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association Stat – Driving Distance

I can only guess that tennis serves are more technique-oriented, where raw power is less important.

Yes, men are more powerful on average. I'm not sure how great an advantage that would be in tennis, at least when considering a top athlete like Serena Williams. I'm more curious about how she, and other women tennis pros, would do in a best-of-5 setting, rather than best-of-3.
That's easy. The match would never go past three sets.

But I guarantee a 98mph buzzing her dome would insure she would never get off a single decent swing.

She would not be able to drive a Golf ball 300 yards on the fly uphill into the wind. Or get out of deep rough to a green 180 yards away (consistently). Most men Pro Golfers can.

Yet, every show now has a woman announcer telling us how "it is" these days. Call me old-fashioned.....

They look great..........(sideline reporters) hotter than all get out. But enough is enough.

All that said........I doubt Brent MussBurger ever took 98mph to the ribs either? you got that right. Maybe they should be announcers? Whey not? Wear that skirt Carmen........wear it tight.

Women can serve well over 100mph. They are actually pretty close to the men in serve speed, apparently. Science Explains Why Female Tennis Players Can Serve As Fast As Men

From the same article, apparently the best average drives in the LPGA are a bit better than the worst of the PGA. The LPGA ranges from 226 to just over 280, while the PGA goes from 270 to 312. A bit more of a gap there. Average Driving Distance | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association Stat – Driving Distance

I can only guess that tennis serves are more technique-oriented, where raw power is less important.

Yes, men are more powerful on average. I'm not sure how great an advantage that would be in tennis, at least when considering a top athlete like Serena Williams. I'm more curious about how she, and other women tennis pros, would do in a best-of-5 setting, rather than best-of-3.

That would depend on who she played. I don't think that every male tennis player would beat Williams in straight sets.

What ever became of the other Williams brother, Penis?
I have to apologize. I am so sorry. I didn't realize you were a racist A$$ Whole. If you would just add that description to your signature line, it would make things so much easier.

venus-and-serena-williams1.jpg
I'm not racist. I'm candid and accurate. What did I say that was racist?
You're a hypocrite.
Oh wow! And you're a liar too? Really, you should add that to your signature line.

What ever became of the other Williams brother, Penis?
I have to apologize. I am so sorry. I didn't realize you were a racist A$$ Whole. If you would just add that description to your signature line, it would make things so much easier.

venus-and-serena-williams1.jpg
I'm not racist. I'm candid and accurate. What did I say that was racist?
You're a hypocrite.
Oh wow! And you're a liar too? Really, you should add that to your signature line.
Example.
What was racist? You believe anything you disagree with that involves a black person qualifies as racist? That's racist. And hypocritical.

What started the whole "discussion" was a ridiculous assertion that Serena Williams was the greatest player in tennis. Another pro would have sugar coated it, MacEnroe just answered it truthfully.
She is the greatest. Why right wingers think women can't be great I'll never know.

Generalize much? Of course women can be great.

She is the greatest WOMENS player. She would not be anywhere close to being the greatest player once you put men in the mix.

You're giving tennis lessons and say stupid shit like that? Last I watched men were clocking 120 and even 130mph regularly. Up to five sets. Tennis used to be more of atouch game but is very much a power game now. That why Williams is dominating so much, she's a beast of a woman.

It's interesting that the women serve nearly as fast as the men. I'd like to see Serena Williams play the men's circuit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she ranked a lot higher than 700, although I don't think she'd come close to the top 20.
The 'Hippo' can serve fast but she accelerates and stops like a sixty year old man.
She like a dump truck compared to a Ferrari getting off the start line.

I thought McEnroe was complimenting Serena Williams

He called her the greatest women's player ever. That means he thinks she is better than Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graff, Billie Jean King...not too shabby

It was the reporter who provoked the controversy with his stupid question....Why qualify it as "woman" , why not the greatest of all time?

If anyone know the skillset of the number 700 mens player, it is John McEnroe. He knows the skills Serena has and made a judgment on the fly. Maybe she is actually 500.....but she is not "The Greatest of All Time"

That would depend on who she played. I don't think that every male tennis player would beat Williams in straight sets.
No one was claiming "every male tennis player would beat" the hippo you moron!
The claim was referring to men professional tennis players!

I see McEnroe has a new book out. I guess he needs the publicity.

In his book McEnroe claimed Serena is the greatest woman player by far

It was the reporter trying to stir things up by claiming she is the greatest tennis player period

But doesnt the fact that the two Williams sisters are probably the best FEMALE tennis pros in history count for something?

But doesnt the fact that the two Williams sisters are probably the best FEMALE tennis pros in history count for something?

I would put Venus below such players as Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graff and Billie Jean King and some others

Forum List

Back