John McEnroe: if Serena Williams played men's tennis, she would be ranked dead last

Most top players in both men's and women's are all lean and limber, look at Djokovic, Federer, Zverev etc. you want to be light so can glide smoothly. Big thighs are more of a hindrance after a certain point, considering you have more mass to move around. Serena clearly has issues with her movement, big thighs or not. However, the big thighs in her case are a double edged sword, it also clearly gives her all that power she gets on her ground strokes and serve.

I just thought it was funny because Chang was well known as a back line player. His strength was his ability to move and get to the ball wherever it was hit, and he had some damn thick thighs. :)
That is true, but how long did he last? Not much, considering he was injured most of the time and then retired prematurely. That kind of body style generally makes you very stiff and more succeptible to wear and tear, while thinner guys like Djokovic and Federer are built to last, very flexible like ballerinas.

Chang Breaks Hip in Freak Mishap : Tennis: World's fifth-ranked player suffers injury during practice for exhibition. He might be out for eight weeks.

Meh, he played professionally for 15 years. That doesn't seem like a particularly short stint. He also ended with a singles record of 662-312. Again, doesn't seem like that short of a career. It's almost the same total of games played as Pete Sampras, who had a career record of 762-222, and actually played for a bit less time than Chang: both turned pro in 1988, but Sampras retired in 2002 while Chang retired in 2003 (Sampras officially retired in 2003, but his last match was 2002).

It's true that more mass tends to mean less endurance. That can certainly be important in a sport like tennis. Chang seemed to be fine with his big thighs, though, even if that is the exception rather than the rule.
What does it matter?

Serena Williams has huge thighs, ass and biceps and destroys her competition
She has been rarely injured in her career
She's a brute, and no apology is necessary for saying that she would get her ass kicked by any of the top 20 in the mens tournament.
McEnroe says top 700 would beat her
Point is ...she is the greatest female player ever

Not being able to beat top men is not an issue and far from an insult

That would go with most women and most sports. As a side note I am not a big fan of Serena, She is untalented, and can hardly move with those T-Rex thighs, and I don't like her demeanor on the court. Unlike her sister Venus who is both talented and classy. In fact Serena owes her entire career to her sister. The only reason she dominates in women's tennis is her abnormal strength as a woman.

Venus is in a little bit of trouble.

Venus Williams 'blamed for car crash that killed old man' | Daily Mail Online

Men versus Women Tennis

Karsten Braasch v the Williams Sisters
During the 1998 Australian Open, sisters Serena and Venus Williams boasted that they could beat any man ranked outside the world's top 200. The challenge was accepted by Karsten Braasch, a German player ranked No 203 (his highest ranking was No 38). Before the matches, Braasch played a round of golf in the morning, drank a couple of beers, smoked a few cigarettes, and then played the Williams sisters for a set each, one after the other. He defeated Serena, 6-1, and Venus, 6-2. Serena said afterwards "I didn't know it would be that hard. I hit shots that would have been winners on the women's tour and he got to them easily."

I just thought it was funny because Chang was well known as a back line player. His strength was his ability to move and get to the ball wherever it was hit, and he had some damn thick thighs. :)
That is true, but how long did he last? Not much, considering he was injured most of the time and then retired prematurely. That kind of body style generally makes you very stiff and more succeptible to wear and tear, while thinner guys like Djokovic and Federer are built to last, very flexible like ballerinas.

Chang Breaks Hip in Freak Mishap : Tennis: World's fifth-ranked player suffers injury during practice for exhibition. He might be out for eight weeks.

Meh, he played professionally for 15 years. That doesn't seem like a particularly short stint. He also ended with a singles record of 662-312. Again, doesn't seem like that short of a career. It's almost the same total of games played as Pete Sampras, who had a career record of 762-222, and actually played for a bit less time than Chang: both turned pro in 1988, but Sampras retired in 2002 while Chang retired in 2003 (Sampras officially retired in 2003, but his last match was 2002).

It's true that more mass tends to mean less endurance. That can certainly be important in a sport like tennis. Chang seemed to be fine with his big thighs, though, even if that is the exception rather than the rule.
What does it matter?

She's a brute, and no apology is necessary for saying that she would get her ass kicked by any of the top 20 in the mens tournament.

I agree, but I would really like to see her play a lower ranked men's player. It wouldn't be some sort of definitive measurement, but it would be interesting to see the top women's player against a men's player who isn't retired and out of shape! :lol: I'd also love to see the women do best-of-5 instead of best-of-3. I've wanted that since back in the Navratilova days.

I have never paid attention to doubles matches, do you know how the women perform in mixed doubles? Do they appear to be a lot less capable than the men in those games?
Actually Tennis would be one of those sports that would be interesting to a strong woman like Serena compete for prize money against a man. I bet that would draw in some big crowds. My suggestion would be to stay away from the top 15 though. You have some big hitters in there like Sock, Del Potro, Raonic, Kyrgios, Isner, etc. that would make it very lopsided and boring. There might be some rule that forbids men and woman doing that though, maybe if it's for charity.

Don't watch much doubles unless the Brian brothers are playing.

What does it matter?

So why is the Left demanding an apology?

Actually Tennis would be one of those sports that would be interesting to a strong woman like Serena compete for prize money against a man. I bet that would draw in some big crowds. My suggestion would be to stay away from the top 15 though. You have some big hitters in there like Sock, Del Potro, Raonic, Kyrgios, Isner, etc. that would make it very lopsided and boring. There might be some rule that forbids men and woman doing that though, maybe if it's for charity.

Yea, but have them play by the same rules and not make the male play a doubles court or have only one serve.

What does it matter?

cause they're the left.

No one was claiming "every male tennis player would beat" the hippo you moron!
The claim was referring to men professional tennis players!

But doesnt the fact that the two Williams sisters are probably the best FEMALE tennis pros in history count for something?

I am not so sure that her "sister" is female.

I know this is not very nice, and I apologize in advance, but every time I see her on TV I think of a male silver-backed gorilla. She has very few feminine features.

I know she could whip my ass easily, but it is merely an observation.

No one was claiming "every male tennis player would beat" the hippo you moron!
The claim was referring to men professional tennis players!

But doesnt the fact that the two Williams sisters are probably the best FEMALE tennis pros in history count for something?

I am not so sure that her "sister" is female.

I know this is not very nice, and I apologize in advance, but every time I see her on TV I think of a male silver-backed gorilla. She has very few feminine features.

I know she could whip my ass easily, but it is merely an observation.

While I dont agree with the gorilla thing, I do think it plausible that she is taking steroids and testosterone shots.

What ever became of the other Williams brother, Penis?
I have to apologize. I am so sorry. I didn't realize you were a racist A$$ Whole. If you would just add that description to your signature line, it would make things so much easier.

venus-and-serena-williams1.jpg
There was nothing racist in that statement. You cheapen the word, dumbass.

It's interesting that the women serve nearly as fast as the men. I'd like to see Serena Williams play the men's circuit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she ranked a lot higher than 700, although I don't think she'd come close to the top 20.
She can't beat any professional man tennis player. Not one. Maybe not even a college tennis player

What does it matter?

Who?

It's interesting that the women serve nearly as fast as the men. I'd like to see Serena Williams play the men's circuit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she ranked a lot higher than 700, although I don't think she'd come close to the top 20.
She can't beat any professional man tennis player. Not one. Maybe not even a college tennis player

Serena and billy jean king both admitted as much....long before this incident.

Forum List

Back