John McCain 'doesn't understand' enhanced interrogation or torture

R

rdean

Speaking on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, Santorum, the presidential hopeful and former Pennsylvania senator, says McCain is misguided in his stance against the enhanced interrogation techniques sanctioned during the Bush administration but discontinued by Obama's White House, which has labeled them torture.

RS: I don’t, everything I’ve read shows that we would not have gotten this information as to who this man was if it had not been gotten information from people who were subject to enhanced interrogation. And so this idea that we didn’t ask that question while Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was being waterboarded, he doesn’t understand how enhanced interrogation works. I mean, you break somebody, and after they’re broken, they become cooperative. And that’s when we got this information. And one thing led to another, and led to another, and that’s how we ended up with bin Laden. That seems to be clear from all the information I read. Maybe McCain has better information than I do, but from what I’ve seen, it seems pretty clear that but for these cooperative witnesses who were cooperative as a result of enhanced interrogations, we would not have gotten bin Laden.

White House Hopeful Rick Santorum Thinks John McCain "Doesn't Understand" Torture

Full show transcript:

The Hugh Hewitt Show

I can't believe it. Of all the people in this country, Rick Santorum says "John McCain doesn't understand torture". Of all the people. If John McCain doesn't understand torture, who does?

Thats rich coming from that dope seeing as how McCain was a POW.

What does McCain having been a POW have to do with it? Our waterboarding technique is NOT the waterboarding used by the Vietnamese. Just sayin'.

There you go pointing out obvious facts and ruining a perfectly good gotcha moment for the Dums.
RDean is probably jerking off over the headline alone.

McCain was a POW during the VietNam conflict and he was tortured but not interrogated. Carrier pilot McCain didn't know anything worth knowing. The VC tortured him enough to force him to appear as a traitor signing documents critical of the US and giving statements critical of his Country. If the V.C. could force a good Navy pilot and the son of an Admiral to appear as a traitor to his Country you have to believe that enhanced interrogation of jihad scum can and did produce results. It's understandable that McCain came back a bitter and perhaps psychologically twisted man. You can't count on his opinion of enhanced interrogation to be without some crazy bias. Our own Troops go through waterboarding during training in advanced courses. The psychological terror is worse than the real thing and that's what psy-ops is all about. More people died in Teddy Kennedy's car than during waterboarding.

McCain was a POW during the VietNam conflict and he was tortured but not interrogated. Carrier pilot McCain didn't know anything worth knowing. The VC tortured him enough to force him to appear as a traitor signing documents critical of the US and giving statements critical of his Country. If the V.C. could force a good Navy pilot and the son of an Admiral to appear as a traitor to his Country you have to believe that enhanced interrogation of jihad scum can and did produce results. It's understandable that McCain came back a bitter and perhaps psychologically twisted man. You can't count on his opinion of enhanced interrogation to be without some crazy bias. Our own Troops go through waterboarding during training in advanced courses. The psychological terror is worse than the real thing and that's what psy-ops is all about. More people died in Teddy Kennedy's car than during waterboarding.

Did you just type that out or do you have a source. :eusa_eh:

What does McCain having been a POW have to do with it? Our waterboarding technique is NOT the waterboarding used by the Vietnamese. Just sayin'.

in what ways is it different?

In every single way. Go read an account of US waterboarding and see if that sounds like something the NVA would do.

the waterboarding itself is the same. waterboarding is waterboarding is waterboarding - and if you're on the receiving end there is no difference.

In every single way. Go read an account of US waterboarding and see if that sounds like something the NVA would do.

the waterboarding itself is the same. waterboarding is waterboarding is waterboarding - and if you're on the receiving end there is no difference.

You know this how?
And you are totally wrong. What a shocker.

right. and on you're say so we're supposed to believe you.

in what ways - specifically - is our way of waterboarding different? does it produce a different feeling of drowning? is the panic less urgent? what makes when we do it different?

You know this how?

in what ways - specifically - is our way of waterboarding different? does it produce a different feeling of drowning? is the panic less urgent? what makes when we do it different?

Why dont you go and review an account of how the U.S practices interrogation techniques and then see if that fits with what the NVA did?
Just a suggestion.

While I truly appreciate the military service John McCain provided to our country, it's time for this old guy to retire. Time for some new ideas and fresh blood.

Speaking on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, Santorum, the presidential hopeful and former Pennsylvania senator, says McCain is misguided in his stance against the enhanced interrogation techniques sanctioned during the Bush administration but discontinued by Obama's White House, which has labeled them torture.

RS: I don’t, everything I’ve read shows that we would not have gotten this information as to who this man was if it had not been gotten information from people who were subject to enhanced interrogation. And so this idea that we didn’t ask that question while Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was being waterboarded, he doesn’t understand how enhanced interrogation works. I mean, you break somebody, and after they’re broken, they become cooperative. And that’s when we got this information. And one thing led to another, and led to another, and that’s how we ended up with bin Laden. That seems to be clear from all the information I read. Maybe McCain has better information than I do, but from what I’ve seen, it seems pretty clear that but for these cooperative witnesses who were cooperative as a result of enhanced interrogations, we would not have gotten bin Laden.

White House Hopeful Rick Santorum Thinks John McCain "Doesn't Understand" Torture

Full show transcript:

The Hugh Hewitt Show

I can't believe it. Of all the people in this country, Rick Santorum says "John McCain doesn't understand torture". Of all the people. If John McCain doesn't understand torture, who does?

You?

Nope, you are correct, McCain does know more about it.

By the way, I hate being forced to defend idiots, but Santorum did not say McCain doesn't understand torture.

From your link.

I don’t, everything I’ve read shows that we would not have gotten this information as to who this man was if it had not been gotten information from people who were subject to enhanced interrogation. And so this idea that we didn’t ask that question while Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was being waterboarded, he doesn’t understand how enhanced interrogation works. I mean, you break somebody, and after they’re broken, they become cooperative. And that’s when we got this information. And one thing led to another, and led to another, and that’s how we ended up with bin Laden. That seems to be clear from all the information I read. Maybe McCain has better information than I do, but from what I’ve seen, it seems pretty clear that but for these cooperative witnesses who were cooperative as a result of enhanced interrogations, we would not have gotten bin Laden.

He is pointing out that, from what he read, the information was obtained from people after they were subjected to enhanced interrogation. Since McCain has suddenly taken the impossible to defend stance that torture just does not work at all. This has led him to claim that enhanced interrogation had nothing to do with finding bin Laden. He has stuck to this stance even though Panetta has said that enhanced interrogation led to some of the intelligence used to find bin Laden.

Maybe McCain does know something Santorum doesn't, but I think it is more likely he is just as stupid now as he has been for his entire Senate career. It takes a particular brand of idiocy to pick Palin as a running mate, the same kind that got him in trouble with the Keating S&L thing.

You know this how?

Why dont you go and review an account of how the U.S practices interrogation techniques and then see if that fits with what the NVA did?
Just a suggestion.
here's a suggestion - back up your fucking claim.

in what way is the act of waterboarding physically different when we do it as compared to the nva?

Forum List

Back