Joe Barton (R-TX)

Too little Too late Barton.

He couldn't even get the apology right! "Construed...Constructed" What is the man talking about?

We know now where you heart is. Both you and the Minnesota Maniac.

Time for a trip to the woodshed

Washington (CNN) - Under fire for appearing to shield BP from criticism Thursday morning, Rep. Joe Barton was told by House GOP leaders later in the day to apologize "immediately" or lose his position as the senior Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, several Republican sources tell CNN.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-Virginia, delivered the pointed demand to Barton, a Texas congressman.

"He was told apologize immediately or you will lose your position immediately," said a Republican leadership aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

He was apologizing for giving his true feelings? What a pussy.

I am hoping more Republicans say their "true feelings." It leaves me with a fussy warm feeling...:lol:

Idiot.

That is all...

Political pressure from the White House amounted to a shakedown. They didn't follow due process. Is that what the problem is?

imo....it was more than political pressure, it is world wide pressure, their image, their stock price...unless obama threatened to not renew any of their leases or something similar, then the pressure was from all fronts, not just obama or the political scene...BP has maintained from the beginning that they will pay

I have to admit I'm stunned on this one. I can't believe that Republicans would side with a foreign oil company after BP created the largest ecological disaster in American history. Those companies had so little concern for America, part of their "disaster relief" plan was to protect Gulf Coast Walruses.

I've had suspicions for a few years that Republicans have been working with al Qaeda, but now, I think they are simply out to destroy this country. They hate America. What else could it be?

you're a fucking hack....one guy said it and if there are more republicans, it certaintly isn't close to a majority, hence the GOP outrage over his comments

you're a waste of O2

Obama is wrong to make BP put up 20 Billion. What's next? Delta Airlines has a airliner that crashes and Obama makes them put up billions. This isn't about BP or the Enviroment. This is about Obama thinking he is the law and sidestepping the Constitution going after private corporations. This is about the small people like teachers, retirees, cops, ect who have shares with BP who are being hurt by not having their dividends payed to them.

Obama is wrong to make BP put up 20 Billion. What's next? Delta Airlines has a airliner that crashes and Obama makes them put up billions. This isn't about BP or the Enviroment. This is about Obama thinking he is the law and sidestepping the Constitution going after private corporations. This is about the small people like teachers, retirees, cops, ect who have shares with BP who are being hurt by not having their dividends payed to them.

what proof do you have obama FORCED bp to do this....if all you have is the bully pulpit, you don't have anything....

and btw...when it was announced BP agreed to this...their stock when UP....

Actually, it's about securing payments to victims that will survive bankruptcy proceedings, just like the landlord of your basement apartment escrowed your security deposit in case you skip town.

But as both parties and the entire world are aghast at this man's reckless statement, where but USMB can you go to find peckerwood no-nothings so vested in Obama bashing that they will defend him.

Put on the straw hat with the teabags hanging in your face and resume crying, while masturbating on a park bench. You're out of your league here.

Last edited:
Exxon Valdez victums were compensated through due process. They got pennies on the dollar more than a decade later and over 8000 of them were already dead.

You demand due process, what you are really saying is that you don't want the negligent corperation to pay anything at all.

This is a major victory for President Obama, and for all future citizens that are impacted negatively by a corperations criminal negligence.

Exxon Valdez victums were compensated through due process. They got pennies on the dollar more than a decade later and over 8000 of them were already dead.

You demand due process, what you are really saying is that you don't want the negligent corperation to pay anything at all.

This is a major victory for President Obama, and for all future citizens that are impacted negatively by a corperations criminal negligence.

:rofl:

sure it is

Check this out:

Joe Barton Would Like To Apologize

Some of the better ones:

BP, for getting our wetlands in the way of your oil.

Roman Polanski, who obviously thought if he had sex with a 13 year old twice, it would equal a 26 year old.

Charles Manson, for that variety show he never got to do. I'm your biggest fan, Chuck.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like your standard Republican toadie to me

26 years of panding to his corporate masters.

Probably claims that he believes in small government, too, doesn't he?

Small goverment, but not so small that he can't get a place on the government teat, I notice.

Its about responsibility for your actions....this is supposed to be a key conservative principle. If Delta Airlines crashes, we expect them to pay their victims. This is no different. By requiring BP to put the money up front, we prevent them from filing bankruptcy later to avoid paying

Where in the Constitution does it prevent you from going after private corporations?

Its about responsibility for your actions....this is supposed to be a key conservative principle. If Delta Airlines crashes, we expect them to pay their victims. This is no different. By requiring BP to put the money up front, we prevent them from filing bankruptcy later to avoid paying

Where in the Constitution does it prevent you from going after private corporations?

He doesn't know. Very typical "Conservative" wannabe intellectual. As if you can say any stupid thing and just throw the word "Constitution" in there, and that makes him both profound and correct. The irritating thing is, round here, he'll find people to agree with him.

In the argument against it being a shakedown, I would point out that BP did agree to the fund and I am not completely convinced that they couldn't have said "No" had they really wanted to..

BP had to agree to it , it was pay up or face criminal charges. That was the strategy used against Exxon. Fedgov is a continuing criminal enterprise.

.:eek:

In the argument against it being a shakedown, I would point out that BP did agree to the fund and I am not completely convinced that they couldn't have said "No" had they really wanted to..

BP had to agree to it , it was pay up or face criminal charges. That was the strategy used against Exxon. Fedgov is a continuing criminal enterprise.

Were you at the meetings?

From BP's own website:

Release date: 16 June 2010

Following a meeting with the President of the United States, the BP Board announces an agreed package of measures to meet its obligations as a responsible party arising from the Deepwater Horizon spill.

So BP acknowledges it is a responsible party here, acknowledges it has obligations, and agrees to a plan designed to meet those obligations,

and somehow, STILL, the wingnuts manage to concoct a fantasy where Obama is the villain.

I didn't have to be at the meeting .Criminal charges were leveled after Exxon Valdez spill Precedent and knowledge of fedgov's modus operandi are enough.

Last edited:

I didn't have to be at the meeting . Precedent and knowledge of fedgov's modus operandi are enough.

A win for the American people then. Care to provide your precidence and modus operandi? or are broad declarations enough for you

A win for the American people then. Care to provide your precidence and modus operandi? or are broad declarations enough for you

No a "win" for the enviro-nazis , Luddites and the zombified. Try clicking on the Link should you need details.

LOL. By God, why don't you get on national tv and claim to represent the Repubs and Tea Party? I think you really should.:lol:

Forum List

Back