Jobs, jobs, jobs!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
In spite of the efforts by Speaker Boehner to stifle our economic recovery by inaction and foolish rhetoric, in spite of the absurd remarks by Romney and Gingrich and Paul, in spite of 'leader' McConnell's efforts to prevent our democratically elected president to fully implement an agenda for recovery, our economy is on the mend.

See the jobs report linked below, a report from the private sector; sort of makes Romney look like a mendacious self serving liar given his remarks yesterday.

The Top Hiring Employers in America's Biggest Cities - Yahoo! Finance

From the link:

Simply Hired's report looks at nationwide hiring trends, too. “There is significant evidence that the overall job market is improving,” Godhwani says. “Job openings in the Simply Hired database grew 1.5% month-over-month and 9.2% year-over-year. Historically, employment is a lagging indicator to economic recovery. Simply Hired has seen an uptick in job openings for much of last year. Those job openings are now getting filled, and we see more favorable numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. We expect these trends to continue, with a better employment market in 2012.”

Simply Hired indexes job listings across the web from job boards, newspapers, company career sites and staffing agencies. The company uses a patent-pending de-duplication algorithm and actively monitors job quality to provide a real-time snapshot of all job openings available right now.

Last edited:
Imagine where we could be if the republicnas hadnt placed party over country at every turn for Obamas entire term

Imagine where we could be if the republicnas hadnt placed party over country at every turn for Obamas entire term

You are so good at what you do TH, you really are wasting your talents here. Why are you not employed by the Ministry of Propaganda.... I mean the State Department. I mean, shit.... TM, The sheer depth of your Intellect, is .... chilling to normal Mortals. ;)

• Banned
It really pisses off the echo chamber when good economic news is reported. I'd suggest Cognitive Dissonance but I'm pretty sure there is nothing cognitive in the mind or actions of Stephanie.

They dont want this country to recover.

They only want the republican party to recover.

Hell they cheer the death of poor people right on national TV

Then why do you proffer completely failed economic ideas?

What failed value ideas?

Value for value?

A Penney's true weight of wheat for a Penney?

Free Market Value?

I don't see what you are getting at TM. Lay it out plain. Try not to stutter. I'm listening. You have my attention.

It really pisses off the echo chamber when good economic news is reported. I'd suggest Cognitive Dissonance but I'm pretty sure there is nothing cognitive in the mind or actions of Stephanie.

deal with your hardon for me and others...
no one is PISSED over good economic news...sheesh
parrot

What failed value ideas?

Value for value?

Free Market Value?

I don't see what you are getting at TM. Lay it out plain. Try not to stutter. I'm listening. You have my attention.

Deregulation and tax cuts and endless wars caused this mess.

No sane person cuts taxes during a war.

You people have BAD ideas and when they fail you double down on them

What failed value ideas?

Value for value?

Free Market Value?

yeah those pesky tax cuts..how dare the Guberment think of giving the citizens some of their money back...Guberment needs it way worse then us..

The house has passed multiple jobs bills but it's the senate that is killing the bills
http://randy.house.gov/uploads/10%2017%2011%20Final%201%20Pager%20For%20Jobs%20Roundtable%20PDF.pdf

And who controls the senate?????

Pick one. Any ONE senator can stall or kill legislation. Unless a party has 60 votes, the minority party or coaliition can prevent an up or down vote.

The house votes were all partisan and included riders, many unacceptable to the Democrats.

What failed value ideas?

Value for value?

Free Market Value?

yeah those pesky tax cuts..how dare the Guberment think of giving the citizens some of their money back...Guberment needs it way worse then us..

You really are stupid. Look in the mirror if you want to see a parrot - "Guberment" indeed.

And now back to the issue, Jobs.

It's pretty clear our economy is moving forward and as clear that the House of Representatives has failed if it was their intent to stall the economy until the Republicans capture the White House.

Listening to Romney's stump speech it is also clear he is DeMinted or a liar (and I do know how to spell demented, for those who didn't get the play on the word); I believe he is both.

His record is that of a RINO, or at least in the simple minds of many self defined conservatives, yet he is kissing the collective ass of the far right, and some of them actually believe him. Sad but true. Romney pointing fingers at Obama is fine, but why must he lie sometimes and contradict himself later?

Romney and the others running for the GOP nomination don't care that our economy is in recovery, that the stock market has rebounded or that employment in the private sector is on the upswing. (had cities, counties and states not suffered so badly from the Bush Great Recession, the public sector job losses wouldn't be so great and the figures for unemployment would be lower). Romney continues to try - and continues to fail - to rewrite history and claim Obama has failed in his duties. In some interviews he claims the economy is worse under Obama, and in other interviews he flops and admits the economy is improving.

Since Gingrich, Santorum and Paul are each nuts in their own unique way, it's likely we'll see Romney as the nominee of the GOP. Seriously people, is he the best and the brightest the R's have?

maybe if 10% of Congress were in the unemployement line , with another 10% mia because their unemployment ran out things would change folks

~S~

maybe if 10% of Congress were in the unemployement line , with another 10% mia because their unemployment ran out things would change folks

~S~

What would change? What do you expect to happen? :eusa_eh:

The house votes were all partisan and included riders, many unacceptable to the Democrats.

So when a bill is unacceptable to Democrats they have a right to block it, but when it's unacceptable to Republicans they're being obstructionist, do I have that right, Kruschev?

Forum List

Back