Jindal: End "Dumbed Down Conservatism"

You know when LIBRUL Zombies love a republican, to run..

Bobby Jindal doesn't speak for anyone but himself.

"Sane" Republicans

Romney
Jindal
Christie
Bush
Daniels
Rubio

"Whacko fringe"

Bachmann
Santorum
Paul
West
King
Mourdock
Akin
Walsh

The way you can tell the "sane" from the "wacko fringe" is that the wackos say out loud what the "sane" ones believe.

They're all wackos. Its just that some are more sneaky than others.

This is why George Washington was against Political Parties. He KNEW that partisan hacks like Jindahl would spring up as a result.

This isn't "USC vs UCLA" or "Coke vs Pepsi" but Jindahl would like you to believe that it is.

Also from the piece:

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that,” Jindal said. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

That is not the only problem. It is not that the radical fringe makes stupid comments but that the mainstream "sane" republicans are afraid to tell them to STFU

Unfortunately, because there are so many of them, when a sane Republican calls them out on it, the sane one is chastised to no end. That's why I left the Republican Party. I became tired of being told I wasn't a real Republican because I didn't believe all the idiotic crap the far right was throwing out there. So now I'm a conservative Democrat. Fuck em, at least until they come to their senses.

I'm in the same boat. I am a moderate who voted mostly Republican until the mid 1990s. Then they became too bizarre for me to tolerate

That is not the only problem. It is not that the radical fringe makes stupid comments but that the mainstream "sane" republicans are afraid to tell them to STFU

Unfortunately, because there are so many of them, when a sane Republican calls them out on it, the sane one is chastised to no end. That's why I left the Republican Party. I became tired of being told I wasn't a real Republican because I didn't believe all the idiotic crap the far right was throwing out there. So now I'm a conservative Democrat. Fuck em, at least until they come to their senses.

I'm in the same boat. I am a moderate who voted mostly Republican until the mid 1990s. Then they became too bizarre for me to tolerate

Add me to that list. Voted GOP for president three times in a row when I first started voting and went to more Lincoln Day dinners than I can count. I was a CARD-Carrying Republican.

But they left me when they went hard right on social issues. And apparently a lot of them aren't interested in getting us back.

So be it.

I am a paleo-conservative, and the grinding and gnashing of teeth by the psychos who have destroyed the GOP is pleasing to my ears.

I must admit I am somewhat shocked at the level of pain they are able to endure and still not be willing to admit they have a problem and need to change. I thought it would happen long before this, but it appears they still have a way to go. It terrifies me to wonder that if Obama isn't enough to snap them out of their psychosis what it is going to take.

The GOP has become incredibly weak-minded. There was a time when a Conservative was the smartest person in the room. Today, people calling themselves conservatives have a tendency to fabricate very vivid delusions on the level of conspiracy nutbaggery, and possess no inhibitions which prevent them from loudly vocalizing bigotry. These people need to be policed and rooted out of the party.

The follower mentality is especially troubling. They await instructions from their media megaphones and then incessantly parrot the message, regardless of whether it may contradict even a recent widely broadcast belief. The Orwellian hate rally nature of this trait is frightening.

Their moral compass has a D and a R. If a message comes from the direction of the R, it must be true and right and from God. If it comes from the direction of the D, it must be opposed with every ounce of one's being, even if the message is one that was once propounded by conservatives in the past.

This is not the compass of a thinking person. This is a compass of a useful idiot for power-hungry demagogues.

But perhaps the worst trait of the Republican Party today is the utter lack of leadership. Instead of being the party of ideas, it is the party of anti-ideas.

Let me tell you what we’re not gonna do. We’re not gonna turn the American healthcare system into a Western European system. That’s exactly what is at the heart of Obamacare.

This is the coward's way out. Instead of leading by putting forth superior ideas, attack the other guy's idea.

The strategy of attack, attack, attack is not leading. It is an admission of failure.

See if you can find one Republican politician who has put forth a superior idea that is bigger than the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker.

With the exception of Paul Ryan, you will not find one.

The Republican Party has become a totalitarian party of slogans. They speak of "job creators" but have never said how they would create jobs. They speak of the "food stamp President" unaware of just how bigoted that sounds, and do not say how they would get people off food stamps except to say they would toss them into the street. They speak of how shitty the Obama economy is, but don't tell us exactly how a Republican economy would move us out of this mess.

"We won't be like that guy." Okay. What WOULD you be like?

What is it going to take? Because I can't take worse than Obama for the dumb shits to get their act together.

Last edited:
It looks like the GOP finally realizes the american people don't want the radical right wing huge government, huge spending teabaggers around trying to destroy the nation after their spanking last week.

"The Republican governor of Louisiana, who signed a bill which allowed intelligent design to be taught alongside evolution, is now calling on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party,” but because of the a party’s anti-science policies.

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Gov. Bobby Jindal told Politico in an interview published on Tuesday. “We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

Jindal is another that has suddenly thrown the teabaggers under the bus to come across as a sane, moderate republican.

Jindal to Republicans: ‘Stop being the stupid party’ | The Raw Story

Nonsense, MS. You are a wack. You do not represent the mainstream of the GOP and you are going to be called out every time you act stupid from now on. You do not represent the great portion of the GOP.

This is why George Washington was against Political Parties. He KNEW that partisan hacks like Jindahl would spring up as a result.

This isn't "USC vs UCLA" or "Coke vs Pepsi" but Jindahl would like you to believe that it is.

Also from the piece:

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that,” Jindal said. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

Jindal is one of those radicals.

It looks like the GOP finally realizes the american people don't want the radical right wing huge government, huge spending teabaggers around trying to destroy the nation after their spanking last week.

"The Republican governor of Louisiana, who signed a bill which allowed intelligent design to be taught alongside evolution, is now calling on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party,” but because of the a party’s anti-science policies.

“We’ve got to make sure that we are not the party of big business, big banks, big Wall Street bailouts, big corporate loopholes, big anything,” Gov. Bobby Jindal told Politico in an interview published on Tuesday. “We cannot be, we must not be, the party that simply protects the rich so they get to keep their toys.”

Jindal is another that has suddenly thrown the teabaggers under the bus to come across as a sane, moderate republican.

Jindal to Republicans: ‘Stop being the stupid party’ | The Raw Story

Nope.

Jindal threw Romney under the bus.

But perhaps the worst trait of the Republican Party today is the utter lack of leadership. .

Bingo.

Those who are passing for "leaders" in the GOP don't have the balls to stand up to the very people who are destroying the party: The absolutists on the radio, the dittoheads, the Tea Partiers, the Norquist types. Why? Because they're afraid they might be "primaried" and lose their precious government jobs.

You're right, at the top of the problem is an abject lack of pragmatic leadership.

But perhaps the worst trait of the Republican Party today is the utter lack of leadership. .

Bingo.

Those who are passing for "leaders" in the GOP don't have the balls to stand up to the very people who are destroying the party: The absolutists on the radio, the dittoheads, the Tea Partiers, the Norquist types. Why? Because they're afraid they might be "primaried" and lose their precious government jobs.

You're right, at the top of the problem is an abject lack of pragmatic leadership.

They don't have to stand up to them....All they have to do is let them marginalize themselves, just like Karl Rove did in pissing away $1.5 billion for nothing.

BTW, neocon bootlickers like Jindal are the ones destroying the party.

So is Jindal next under the bus, or does the party listen?

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday called on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party” and make a concerted effort to reach a broader swath of voters with an inclusive economic message that pre-empts efforts to caricature the GOP as the party of the rich.

In his first interview since his party’s electoral thumping last week, Jindal urged Republicans to both reject anti-intellectualism and embrace a populist-tinged reform approach that he said would mitigate what exit polls show was one of President Barack Obama’s most effective lines of attack against Mitt Romney.

Jindal: End 'dumbed-down conservatism' - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg

what does he mean? he want to give them all the abortions they want, all the free stuff they want? what? maybe we should spray paint our selves brown.

if you are too stupid to understand Jindal's point, maybe politics isnt for you.

Bingo.

They are rudderless right now. And there is no intellectual foundation for their platform.

Bingo.

They don't have to stand up to them....All they have to do is let them marginalize themselves, just like Karl Rove did in pissing away $1.5 billion for nothing.

BTW, neocon bootlickers like Jindal are the ones destroying the party.

If you think they don't have to then you are not paying attention to politics.

These people live inside a bubble, where facts don't get in. So you have a few options. You can confront them and watch them get louder and nastier. They might go after you and push you out. They do have Fox and radio behind them for the most part.

You can ignore them and nothing will happen. They won't go away. They will feel right because nobody will challenge them outside of the left and they don't give a shit about the left.

So what do you do with people who won't listen, won't compromise, or won't educate themselves?

The absurd answer is toss them all in fema camps and ignore them. The real answer is harder.

Lets take what Jindal said about going after the minorites. Take SOLA response about pandering. Thats why you are loosing the minorities because if you even talk with them you are pandering to them, and we can't let pathetic made up pride get in the way of that shit. Then they become the left. How is beyond me, but then i am not retarded.

I mean if you pander to them that lower taxes and having a safe place to live is evil then why bother? This is part of the problem with the right. You have a decent chunk of it stuck on stupid.

I could go into why this all came about and how the right is just eating themselves, but it will fall of deaf ears.

Lets take what Jindal said about going after the minorites. Take SOLA response about pandering. Thats why you are loosing the minorities because if you even talk with them you are pandering to them, and we can't let pathetic made up pride get in the way of that shit. Then they become the left. How is beyond me, but then i am not retarded.

I mean if you pander to them that lower taxes and having a safe place to live is evil then why bother? This is part of the problem with the right. You have a decent chunk of it stuck on stupid.

I could go into why this all came about and how the right is just eating themselves, but it will fall of deaf ears.
There's a difference between talking to them and pandering to them.

Cruz, Flake and NM Guv Susana Martinez talk without pandering.

If you're trying to say that the immigration problem can be fixed without going all Sheriff Joe on the world, I happen to agree...But there's a big difference between welcoming hard working people who just want a better life for themselves, and throwing free shit (and don't you dare deny that is happening) at people in order to buy their votes.

That said, there's also a big difference between the Latinos coming to America to be Americans and those who are here just loading up and hauling back to Mexico...But that can also be sorted out via the visa and citizenship processes, which are so convoluted that it's easier to live as an illegal than go through all the bureaucracy.

There's a difference between talking to them and pandering to them.

Cruz, Flake and NM Guv Susana Martinez talk without pandering.

If you're trying to say that the immigration problem can be fixed without going all Sheriff Joe on the world, I happen to agree...But there's a big difference between welcoming hard working people who just want a better life for themselves, and throwing free shit (and don't you dare deny that is happening) at people in order to buy their votes.

That said, there's also a big difference between the Latinos coming to America to be Americans and those who are here just loading up and hauling back to Mexico...But that can also be sorted out via the visa and citizenship processes, which are so convoluted that it's easier to live as an illegal than go through all the bureaucracy.

I am personally a big fan of the laws Rhode Island and Oklahoma . Passed to fight Illegals. You go after the companies who higher them.

I know there is a difference, that wasn't my point. To these people Jindal talks about just talking period to them is pandering, and therefore you must be pushed out.

Well a lot of things need reform, reboots in order to fix they clogging we have going on. Nobody is ever going to do it, so its easier to just grant Amnesty.

The case for creating a path to citizenship is purely pragmatic.
They are here. They aren't going anywhere.
We need the tax revenue.

I don't favor outright amnesty. I think a penalty for entering here illegally must be paid. Otherwise you essentially penalize those who did it the right way.

I think you set a monetary penalty that is not so high that you encourage them to just stay underground. They get work visas as long as they are paying down the penalty. When the penalty is fully paid, they can apply for citizenship.

You use the money collected through the penalty to secure our borders so to protect against terrorist infiltration and to ensure we don't find ourselves in this exact same boat in 30 years.
That's MHO.

That is good GOP thinking, nodoginafight, even if you are not Republican: makes a lot of sense.

So is Jindal next under the bus, or does the party listen?

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday called on Republicans to “stop being the stupid party” and make a concerted effort to reach a broader swath of voters with an inclusive economic message that pre-empts efforts to caricature the GOP as the party of the rich.

In his first interview since his party’s electoral thumping last week, Jindal urged Republicans to both reject anti-intellectualism and embrace a populist-tinged reform approach that he said would mitigate what exit polls show was one of President Barack Obama’s most effective lines of attack against Mitt Romney.

Jindal: End 'dumbed-down conservatism' - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg

Hey Jindal first we should worry about ending a dumbed down governor's office you fucking prick!

Forum List

Back