Jews would be better off converting to Christianity

What you believe and what you know are 2 very different things.
Education, including history is a Torah mandate.
Christianity has a system of Belief based on Faith, not knowledge.

What knowledge do you believe is lacking in Christianity?

Your last 3 postings expose an absolute lack of knowledge of your religion.
But knowledge is not required by TNT.

Last edited:

What I lack is the knowledge of your interpretation of the Catholic faith. What I possess is knowledge of the Church through the ages. That won't meet your interpretation of the facts, but I'm used to people approaching the same issue from different perspectives.

The problem with Judaism is that while it once was the authentic religion of God, God abandoned Judaism when Christ was born and formed a new Church. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., and the Jews were dispersed to all parts of the Empire. That was the end of the Biblical Israel, and the modern Israel is a political creation, created with Western wealth and brute force, but not enjoying the legitimacy that Israel had in Biblical times.

The modern Jewish faith is unable to inspire the faith of even the majority of Jews, who reject God in favor of secularism, or even downright atheism. They consider themselves Jews, but they do not believe in the Old Testament, and they anger God with their faithlessness, which is probably why so many bad things keep happening to them.

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.
You have very strange ideas concerning how people choose their religion.

What I lack is the knowledge of your interpretation of the Catholic faith. What I possess is knowledge of the Church through the ages. That won't meet your interpretation of the facts, but I'm used to people approaching the same issue from different perspectives.
What you lack is objectivity..
You know, the type that comes from history books.

Not at all. In my major, you get trained in objectivity. Not only that, you are taught to use three primary sources so that a historian's possible prejudice doesn't infect you. What about you? Your posts don't exactly come across as the epitome of objectivity--or accuracy for that matter.

Are we going to start discussing the thread topic? By all means, go ahead and take the last word on personal accusations, but if that's all you have, then I'm through here.

that is correct, late 4th century christianity to this date does not reflect the religion from Antiquity to that date.

In fact, it does. My great-grandmother heated baby food in a wood burning stove. My Mother heated baby food on an electric stove. I heated baby food in a microwave oven. Though how we each heated baby food changed, the fact remains that we all warmed up food we fed our babies. The same is true of Church history. The truths remain. How we do things have changed as the world changed.
The same is true of Church history. The truths remain.

The canon of the New Testament is the set of books Christians regard as divinely inspired and .... Thus, some claim that, from the 4th century, there existed unanimity in the West concerning the New Testament ..... would become the 27-book NT canon, and he used the word "canonized" (kanonizomena) in regards to them.

A biblical canon or canon of scripture is a list of texts (or "books") which a particular religious community regards as authoritative scripture. The word "canon" comes from the Greek κανών, meaning "rule" or "measuring stick". Christians became the first to use the term in reference to scripture, but ..... Thus, from the 4th century, there existed unanimity in the West concerning ...

I disagree with you, they made their political agenda as a disguise into the christian religion - the history of repression from the 4th century continuously to the present is proof enough christianity from Antiquity to late 4th century did not survive the transition from that time. to excuse the history post 4th century is to be a part of its legacy.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

the above is a forgery of post 4th century christianity ...

Not at all. In my major, you get trained in objectivity. Not only that, you are taught to use three primary sources so that a historian's possible prejudice doesn't infect you. What about you? Your posts don't exactly come across as the epitome of objectivity--or accuracy for that matter.

Are we going to start discussing the thread topic? By all means, go ahead and take the last word on personal accusations, but if that's all you have, then I'm through here.
Tell me a major where one does NOT practice objectivity in one way or another.
Your posts tell me all I need to know.
I'm sure you're a nice person.

Have you read the Catechism?
Parts of it...it is focused on answering a specific question-> Who is Jesus and why does humanity need him?
It is an absolute tenant of Torah that each and every human who ever existed and ever will exist has the potential to have an overt dialogue with God, not just a RELATIONSHIP.
There is NO intermediary.

Tell me a major where one does NOT practice objectivity in one way or another.
Your posts tell me all I need to know.
I'm sure you're a nice person.
There is only one way to see objective truth. You must have no preference for the outcome or its impact on you. In effect, you must die to self. A common theme among all major religions and happy people around the world.

Have you read the Catechism?
Parts of it...it is focused on answering a specific question-> Who is Jesus and why does humanity need him?
It is an absolute tenant of Torah that each and every human who ever existed and ever will exist has the potential to have an overt dialogue with God, not just a RELATIONSHIP.
That's pretty accurate. It covers more than that but yes, it is Christ centric.

Through prayer, study, giving God praise, giving God glory, giving God thanks and confessing our sins to God, we will naturally develop a deep relationship with God filled with many meaningful dialogues. We will see how everything is connected and works for our good, even the things that at first blush don't look good.

As far as who God is... Humans have about as much of chance of understanding God's nature, as an ant would in understanding humans. The best we can hope for with our limited vocabulary to describe God as an unimaginable reality. I accept what He told Moses His Name was, I am. He's has gone by many names. One of my favorites is Jealous. There is only one God. There has only ever been one God. Call Him by any name you want, as long as He knows that you are looking for Him, He'll find you.

The problem with Judaism is that while it once was the authentic religion of God, God abandoned Judaism when Christ was born and formed a new Church. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., and the Jews were dispersed to all parts of the Empire. That was the end of the Biblical Israel, and the modern Israel is a political creation, created with Western wealth and brute force, but not enjoying the legitimacy that Israel had in Biblical times.

The modern Jewish faith is unable to inspire the faith of even the majority of Jews, who reject God in favor of secularism, or even downright atheism. They consider themselves Jews, but they do not believe in the Old Testament, and they anger God with their faithlessness, which is probably why so many bad things keep happening to them.

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.
You are spouting absolute GARBAGE. The Messiah was foretold in the Old Testament and Jesus does not fit the description given. The OT messiah was a powerful politician and military leader who would liberate Israel from it's occupiers. Jesus was a pacificist.Calling Jesus the Son of God is impossible for Jews. Judaism mandates there is only one divine being, God Himself.

Modern Israel was created as a haven for Jews persecuted elsewhere. It is not ancient Israel and the borders are very different.

Most Jews consider Christian attempts to convert them to be an insult and an act of aggression. Even the Pope recognized that and said so in 1965.

More people hate muslims than Jews.

And Jews would be better off if lunatics didn't try to give them advice.
The God who created me created you-you, you, etc all the way down the line. One human family. There is no room for hatred, Skin color plays no role. But as all can see, yet many claim to serve God, have hearts filled with hatred for their brothers and sisters on earth. Usually all caused by the corrupt religions and corrupt mortal govts. Both are about to fall forever.

That is a very ignorant statement.
Actually he is correct. The religion that came out of Rome was the foretold-great apostasy-The son of peredition( 2Thess 2:3)-- Their councils corrupted truth-not one branch ever fixed it because their translationsare filled with error to support false council teachings)-Then turned into a mass of confusion, now with 34,000 different religions claiming to be christian. Jesus is with one single religion( 1Cor 1:10--unity of thought-no division)

Muslims also believe there is no intermediary.

Actually he is correct. The religion that came out of Rome was the foretold-great apostasy-The son of peredition( 2Thess 2:3)-- Their councils corrupted truth-not one branch ever fixed it because their translationsare filled with error to support false council teachings)-Then turned into a mass of confusion, now with 34,000 different religions claiming to be christian. Jesus is with one single religion( 1Cor 1:10--unity of thought-no division)

I can't believe you said that. What church do you attend?

Judas Iscariot is the first person who is called the “son of perdition” in the Bible. Its means a man doomed for destruction.

I can't believe you said that. What church do you attend?

Judas Iscariot is the first person who is called the “son of perdition” in the Bible. Its means a man doomed for destruction.
2Thess 2:3-5-- The great apostasy comes first-Sits in high places--Like calling the leader-holy Father--Only God is the holy Father. In The Nt it clearly states--Do NOT call any man Father--This was not speaking about being a Dad( Father. It was about a spiritual teacher taking that title. Its simple bible milk yet for centuries they cannot understand it. Proving they are the son of peredition and all who follow them. As well Gods written word condemns the usage of statues, icons-graven images-Yet every church and household of those are filled with all 3-They bow to a wooden statue behind the pulpit( it can do 0)--The list goes on and on proving Jesus did not start the religion that came out of Rome.

2Thess 2:3-5-- The great apostasy comes first-Sits in high places--Like calling the leader-holy Father--Only God is the holy Father. In The Nt it clearly states--Do NOT call any man Father--This was not speaking about being a Dad( Father. It was about a spiritual teacher taking that title. Its simple bible milk yet for centuries they cannot understand it. Proving they are the son of peredition and all who follow them. As well Gods written word condemns the usage of statues, icons-graven images-Yet every church and household of those are filled with all 3-They bow to a wooden statue behind the pulpit( it can do 0)--The list goes on and on proving Jesus did not start the religion that came out of Rome. Their own translations condemn them. They never allowed any to read Gods written word until about the 1500,s( except upper clergy) it was kept in latin all that time. They added pagan false god worshipping practices straight off the table of demons into both celebrations they try to hand to Jesus( Christmas-Easter). Once men read Gods word-RAN and protestants rose up. They never corrected the errors.

Forum List

Back