Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

Favourite sharing the good news stories (others are encouraged to share their favourites).

1. Leaving Chick Tracts on my desk at school.

2. Coming into our synagogue during services or Shabbos Kiddush to tell everyone, 'Jesus is really a Jew you know ...' (security gets called)

3. Visiting Jewish nursing homes to tell lonely old people and dementia patients they're gonna fry in Hell if they don't 'repent their Jewish sins'. (police get called)

long ago------as a single mom to a little boy------I decided that the safest place to live in my city
was a Chassidic neighborhood. It was kinda nice----lots of kids, safe even at 2 am....etc etc.
SEEMED IMPENETRABLE----------somehow------in the book store (seforim) tucked into the pages
of books of all kinds------from prayer books to cookbooks to children's fairy tales were--------
tracts re-------the Jewish messiah that was born 2000 years ago-----complete with payos.
SLEIGHT OF HAND

I work as a LEO in the Transit Division of a metropolitan police department and one day I'm on foot patrol at a very busy station. My team was '3-up' ... me, my Sikh partner and my Muslim partner.

The local bible salesmen decided to ply their wares on us and I said ... 'Guys, let me stop you right there. You've have better luck trying to sell us CRACK. Time to move on.'
Theres this new Antonio Banderas (sp?) movie you might like. I saw it last night its in Redbox. Hes an Army Captain who is desperate for a civilian job and gets a mall security job ~ after hours, a girl comes to the door being chased by a mini army because shes going to testify the next day at some drug king pin's trial.

It was pretty cool. Also, pretty ridiculous.....knowwhatimean?? lol

I work as a LEO in the Transit Division of a metropolitan police department and one day I'm on foot patrol at a very busy station. My team was '3-up' ... me, my Sikh partner and my Muslim partner.

The local bible salesmen decided to ply their wares on us and I said ... 'Guys, let me stop you right there. You've have better luck trying to sell us CRACK. Time to move on.'
Theres this new Antonio Banderas (sp?) movie you might like. I saw it last night its in Redbox. Hes an Army Captain who is desperate for a civilian job and gets a mall security job ~ after hours, a girl comes to the door being chased by a mini army because shes going to testify the next day at some drug king pin's trial.

That has never happened to me. Maybe some day.

Jesus was the most successful venture capitalist of all time.

He pitched his idea and raised money to perpetuate it and people are still giving billions to the church.

yeah-----movies are getting too damned realistic-----------I prefer the fifties-----OZZIE AND HARRIET

Favourite sharing the good news stories (others are encouraged to share their favourites).

1. Leaving Chick Tracts on my desk at school.

2. Coming into our synagogue during services or Shabbos Kiddush to tell everyone, 'Jesus is really a Jew you know ...' (security gets called)

3. Visiting Jewish nursing homes to tell lonely old people and dementia patients they're gonna fry in Hell if they don't 'repent their Jewish sins'. (police get called)

long ago------as a single mom to a little boy------I decided that the safest place to live in my city
was a Chassidic neighborhood. It was kinda nice----lots of kids, safe even at 2 am....etc etc.
SEEMED IMPENETRABLE----------somehow------in the book store (seforim) tucked into the pages
of books of all kinds------from prayer books to cookbooks to children's fairy tales were--------
tracts re-------the Jewish messiah that was born 2000 years ago-----complete with payos.
SLEIGHT OF HAND

They're insidious.

I need to restrain myself from killing Jehovah's Witnesses.

Maybe i should fence the front in and have yard dogs. That's worked in the past.

On another note: Jehovah Witness ministers don't take money or a salary.

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

It's a conundrum. When Jesus was alive people wanted to kill him, but now that he is dead every religion seems to want a piece of him and everyone seems to revere him. Everyone seems to agree that if there is a heaven, Jesus is there as are his followers. At the same time, his message seems to bring the same wrath of those that wanted Jesus dead when he was alive.

Crazy. There is no one like him.

Maybe i should fence the front in and have yard dogs. That's worked in the past.

So the people who collect money for the church do it for free.

That's a great business model isn't it?

When Jesus was alive people wanted to kill him, but now that he is dead every religion seems to want a piece of him and everyone seems to revere him.

Don't you mean JFK?

It's not a business, it's a religion.

I have to respect it because some people close to me were involved.

Good people, I wish I could be that good.

To be fair ... JC didn't invent the church. That happened the first time one cave man turned to all the other cave men and said, 'Give me half you food and women and I'll make sure the sky wolf doesn't eat the sun.'

To my knowledge, JC died pretty poor ... he didn't even own a shirt.

18.png

When Jesus was alive people wanted to kill him, but now that he is dead every religion seems to want a piece of him and everyone seems to revere him.

Don't you mean JFK?

Revere JFK?

Well he cheated on his wife and was a Progressive for his time, so most conservatives would not revere him.

However, if you look at his policies they are more to the right than the current GOP, so the left I think secretly is embarrassed by him. He even tried to do away with the Fed by Executive order, which probably the only thing that earned him a death sentence.

So no.

Religion is big business.

Denying that is naive to the point of mental retardation.

To be fair ... JC didn't invent the church. That happened the first time one cave man turned to all the other cave men and said, 'Give me half you food and women and I'll make sure the sky wolf doesn't eat the sun.'

To my knowledge, JC died pretty poor ... he didn't even own a shirt.

18.png

But his religion is one of the richest institiutions in the world.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

I am an atheist and find Jesus to be one of the most amazing humans of all times. His teachings are phenomenal

It is Christians I find offensive. Beyond being pompous, judgmental and petty...it is their constant desire to push their faith on other people that irritates me

One nation under God, God Bless America, public prayer in schools and public meetings, ten commandments displays and constant insertion of their religion into conversations

I want to know when Jesus claimed he was his Father..

7bdfba0250428e85d9764367b09bbb7428124514719de1ea510306c2716b4bbb.jpg

Religion is big business.

Denying that is naive to the point of mental retardation.

Religion nailed Jesus to a cross.

Forum List

Back