Jesus was a liberal

"Put the government in charge of charity and make the contributions to it mandatory. While we're at it, let's remove religion from governing altogether."

Jesus never said that, so he wouldn't be a modern Liberal.

Liberals are not business men? Really? You think all business men are conservatives? How narrow is your world?
the majority of business men and small business owners are conservative .

:lmao: Do you have valid statistics to support this ridiculous claim?

These included access to credit; proposals in the American Jobs Act to boost the economy; regulations; taxes; and money in politics. Respondents were politically diverse: 50% identified as Republican, 32% as Democrat, and 15% as independent.​

Why on Earth does that strike you as counter-intuitive? Small business people earn money by full exposure to the marketplace - so why would they be enthusiastic supporters of liberals who want to tax entities and redistribute money to the dependent clients of the liberal welfare state?

No one is arguing that Jesus wants us to share, and in that respect, Esmeralda was right. But she was wrong about the lesson in Jesus feeding the masses. It was not about sharing the fish (there were not fish to share). He CREATED the fish, and the lesson was about faith in HIM to provide for their needs.

I said your ignorance was astounding. That's not slander. You tried to say Jesus fed thousands of people with 2 fish and the lesson was about sharing. I corrected you and said that he turned the 2 fish into many barrels of fish and fed them, and that the lesson was not about sharing but about faith.

Now you've gone to lying. You said there were no fish - I quoted your post and bolded it. In both instants, there were fish, Jesus just magnified the number, but there were fish to begin with.
You then proceeded to claim that I believed they should fend for themselves (and all the other bullshit stereotypes you could think of to throw at me). You could have acknowledged I was right, but you're too proud and embarrassed to admit it. Still, you continue to assign statements and positions I have never espoused, which makes you not only a hypocrite but a liar as well. You could be adult about it but you instead are opting to double down on your slanderous tactics. This is why you are not worth debating.

I was quoting what most reactionary conservatives such as yourself have posted and stand behind in many occasions. You claim that Jesus was not a communist but his disciples and early Christians did just that, shared what they had among each other. You're trying to say that the only lesson Jesus was teaching them was about "faith" in Him that He would provide, but there were other lessons. He told them to sit down, so He was teaching them order. He prayed and thanked God for the food, He was teaching them to be thankful to God for all things, and He took the fish that the little boy was willing to share, and expanded the number to feed everyone, so there was a lesson in sharing and also in trusting God. So don't try to act like you've got it all right and call me ignorant. If there is anyone ignorant here, it is you, because you say something and then try to wiggle out of having said it, and when you can't defend yourself you start to insult.

The fact that you got so incensed at Esmeralda for saying they were learning about "sharing" because obviously you don't think that is right, you believe it is communism and said so yourself, but that is exactly what the early Christians were doing, so you are the one that are calling them communists. Obviously you do not know anything about true Christianity and are nothing but a psuedo Christian.

And, I wasn't slandering you, I was just recognizing your traits.

The Greek word for fellowship is koinonia. It is translated several ways in the New Testament: for example, "participation," "partnership," "sharing," and, of course, "fellowship." These various uses of koinonia convey two related meanings: (1) to share together in the sense of joint participation or partnership, and (2) to share with in the sense of giving what we have to others.
As we examine the account of these early believers' atitudes, however, we see that they did not limit their concept of koinonia to sharing only spiritual things. They also shared their material possessions with those in need (Acts 2:44-45).

One of the most common usages of koinonia in the New Testament is this sense of sharing material resources with others. For example, Paul urges us to "share with God’s people who are in need" (Ro. 12:13). In 2 Cor. 9:13, he speaks of "your generosity in sharing with [others]." The writer of Hebrews urges us to "not forget to do good and to share with others" (Heb. 13:16). The word share in these passages is a translation of koinonia in either its noun or verb form. A willingness to share our possessions with one another is a very important aspect of true biblical fellowship.

https://bible.org/article/true-fellowship

No one is arguing that Jesus wants us to share, and in that respect, Esmeralda was right. But she was wrong about the lesson in Jesus feeding the masses. It was not about sharing the fish (there were not fish to share). He CREATED the fish, and the lesson was about faith in HIM to provide for their needs.

I said your ignorance was astounding. That's not slander. You tried to say Jesus fed thousands of people with 2 fish and the lesson was about sharing. I corrected you and said that he turned the 2 fish into many barrels of fish and fed them, and that the lesson was not about sharing but about faith.

Now you've gone to lying. You said there were no fish - I quoted your post and bolded it. In both instants, there were fish, Jesus just magnified the number, but there were fish to begin with.
You then proceeded to claim that I believed they should fend for themselves (and all the other bullshit stereotypes you could think of to throw at me). You could have acknowledged I was right, but you're too proud and embarrassed to admit it. Still, you continue to assign statements and positions I have never espoused, which makes you not only a hypocrite but a liar as well. You could be adult about it but you instead are opting to double down on your slanderous tactics. This is why you are not worth debating.

I was quoting what most reactionary conservatives such as yourself have posted and stand behind in many occasions. You claim that Jesus was not a communist but his disciples and early Christians did just that, shared what they had among each other. You're trying to say that the only lesson Jesus was teaching them was about "faith" in Him that He would provide, but there were other lessons. He told them to sit down, so He was teaching them order. He prayed and thanked God for the food, He was teaching them to be thankful to God for all things, and He took the fish that the little boy was willing to share, and expanded the number to feed everyone, so there was a lesson in sharing and also in trusting God. So don't try to act like you've got it all right and call me ignorant. If there is anyone ignorant here, it is you, because you say something and then try to wiggle out of having said it, and when you can't defend yourself you start to insult.

The fact that you got so incensed at Esmeralda for saying they were learning about "sharing" because obviously you don't think that is right, you believe it is communism and said so yourself, but that is exactly what the early Christians were doing, so you are the one that are calling them communists. Obviously you do not know anything about true Christianity and are nothing but a psuedo Christian.

The Greek word for fellowship is koinonia. It is translated several ways in the New Testament: for example, "participation," "partnership," "sharing," and, of course, "fellowship." These various uses of koinonia convey two related meanings: (1) to share together in the sense of joint participation or partnership, and (2) to share with in the sense of giving what we have to others.
As we examine the account of these early believers' atitudes, however, we see that they did not limit their concept of koinonia to sharing only spiritual things. They also shared their material possessions with those in need (Acts 2:44-45).

One of the most common usages of koinonia in the New Testament is this sense of sharing material resources with others. For example, Paul urges us to "share with God’s people who are in need" (Ro. 12:13). In 2 Cor. 9:13, he speaks of "your generosity in sharing with [others]." The writer of Hebrews urges us to "not forget to do good and to share with others" (Heb. 13:16). The word share in these passages is a translation of koinonia in either its noun or verb form. A willingness to share our possessions with one another is a very important aspect of true biblical fellowship.

More slander. You're a flat out fucking liar. Provide a quote where I said the Christians were communists. You have a lot of nerve questioning anyone's Christianity. You claim to be a Christian, then bear false witness. You then try to justify your slander by calling it "recognizing my traits". You represent everything Christianity teaches against. I'm gonna end this discussion with you because I don't want to become what you are. I would rather walk away than allow myself to be brought down to your level. Have a nice night.

Remember when Jesus said that the Romans should redistribute the wealth of the Jews?

It was a story about faith, not forced redistribution of resources, stupid. Jesus was not a communist.

More slander. You're a flat out fucking liar. Provide a quote where I said the Christians were communists. You have a lot of nerve questioning anyone's Christianity. You claim to be a Christian, then bear false witness. You then try to justify your slander by calling it "recognizing my traits". You represent everything Christianity teaches against. I'm gonna end this discussion with you because I don't want to become what you are. I would rather walk away than allow myself to be brought down to your level. Have a nice night.

You're the fucking lying hypocrite. You said Jesus was not a communist, implying that those who share are communists. Well, you idiot, the early Christians were sharing, and Christians today are supposed to share, so you are calling them communists.

You are so retarded you don't even know what you post, and then falsely accuse me of bearing false witness, when you are the one that is doing just that. Have someone explain it to you, because obviously you don't even know what your words mean.

Remember when Jesus said that the Romans should redistribute the wealth of the Jews?

I remember when Jesus told his followers to pay their taxes and not complain, do you remember that?

It was a story about faith, not forced redistribution of resources, stupid. Jesus was not a communist.

You're the fucking lying hypocrite. You said Jesus was not a communist, implying that those who share are communists. Well, you idiot, the early Christians were sharing, and Christians today are supposed to share, so you are calling them communists.

You are so retarded you don't even know what you post, and then falsely accuse me of bearing false witness, when you are the one that is doing just that. Have someone explain it to you, because obviously you don't even know what your words mean.
I'm not going to argue with an idiot. If you don't know the difference between "sharing" and "forced redistribution", you're not intelligent enough to debate. All you can do is slander, that is your only purpose on this board and everyone knows it. Now fuck off.

I'm not going to argue with an idiot. If you don't know the difference between "sharing" and "forced redistribution", you're not intelligent enough to debate. All you can do is slander, that is your only purpose on this board and everyone knows it. Now fuck off.

You're the idiot....it's not forced redistribution....everybody is supposed to pay taxes (which Jesus demands we do) and the government (which is established by God) decides what they are going to do with the money collected from taxes. Since you are arguing about what goes to the poor and calling it "forced redistribution" - obviously you have a problem with the poor getting aid (which is not Christian), so you are the one that is not intelligent enough to debate, and you are a stingy SOB who is more concerned about keeping more of his money than any Christian should be, who are supposed to put their trust in God to provide for them. All you can do is find ways to disguise your selfishness and your lack of obedience. So you fuck off, moron.

This message is hidden because Mertex is on your ignore list.

I'm so glad....I don't like to debate with morons who don't even know what they post, and like parrots they keep repeating their selfish mantra and try to pretend they are so Christian.

Good riddance.

This message is hidden because Mertex is on your ignore list.

Obviously you are reading my posts, or you wouldn't have to keep repeating yourself.

And you are a liar, too. You said you weren't going to debate with me and you responded twice after that. A hypocrite and a liar.....:D

post-516-0-98415300-1387652751.jpg

Forum List

Back