Jesus was a liberal

:eusa_pray:That's why he would be appalled at the liberal notion of government providing aid to people. It should come from the heart of the individual. "Give to Caesar that which is Caesar..." Personally I prefer a "thousand points of light."

Did your namesake come up with the thousand points of light before or after he invaded Panama and murdered all those civilians? Also Iraq for that matter. Lots of murdered civilians over oil and drug profits and getting rid of the wimp factor.

The story of the loaves and fishes is a perfect example of Jesus being a 'liberal.' If everyone pools their resources, what they have, some a little, some a lot, if we all work together and give what we have, then we all have what we need.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (French: De chacun selon ses moyens, à chacun selon ses besoins.; German: Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!) is a slogan first used by Louis Blanc in 1851[1] (although an earlier version of the saying appeared in Morelly's The Code of Nature[1]) and popularised by Karl Marx in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Program.[2]
Wiki
It was a story about faith, not forced redistribution of resources, stupid. Jesus was not a communist.

The story of the loaves and fishes is a perfect example of Jesus being a 'liberal.' If everyone pools their resources, what they have, some a little, some a lot, if we all work together and give what we have, then we all have what we need.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (French: De chacun selon ses moyens, à chacun selon ses besoins.; German: Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!) is a slogan first used by Louis Blanc in 1851[1] (although an earlier version of the saying appeared in Morelly's The Code of Nature[1]) and popularised by Karl Marx in his 1875 Critique of the Gotha Program.[2]
Wiki
It was a story about faith, not forced redistribution of resources, stupid. Jesus was not a communist.

No one forced the redistribution of resources. It is a story about faith, having the faith in Jesus to understand his philosophy about helping each other so we can all survive and take care of each other. Poor Jesus must be extremely disappointed in Christians who display such meanspiritedness, anger, desire to be violent, etc. Most of what a certain type of Christian advocates is nothing like what Jesus preached. Nothing.

Wiki

No one forced the redistribution of resources. It is a story about faith, having the faith in Jesus to understand his philosophy about helping each other so we can all survive and take care of each other. Poor Jesus must be extremely disappointed in Christians who display such meanspiritedness, anger, desire to be violent, etc. Most of what a certain type of Christian advocates is nothing like what Jesus preached. Nothing.
No shit, Sherlock. That was my point. And it wasn't a lesson about sharing, it was a lesson in having faith in God.

Wiki

Aid to the low income is what keeps countries from being a 3rd world shit hole.

Jesus was not talking about forced redistributon. Esmeralda was right. ITs with a big heart and for the sake of others that we welcome to give. No one has to tell us and it is not just Christians that give, it's anyone who sees someone that could use a helping hand. Bless all od you that help others..

Jesus was not talking about forced redistributon. Esmeralda was right. ITs with a big heart and for the sake of others that we welcome to give. No one has to tell us and it is not just Christians that give, it's anyone who sees someone that could use a helping hand. Bless all od you that help others..
No one is arguing that Jesus wants us to share, and in that respect, Esmeralda was right. But she was wrong about the lesson in Jesus feeding the masses. It was not about sharing the fish (there were not fish to share). He CREATED the fish, and the lesson was about faith in HIM to provide for their needs. Then she quoted Karl Marx to make her case, as if Jesus would have agreed with Karl Marx and his communist philosophy. Marx preached "forced redistribution", Jesus did not.

No shit, Sherlock. That was my point. And it wasn't a lesson about sharing, it was a lesson in having faith in God.

It was a lesson about having faith in God, which many conservatives, like you, don't have, you seem to rely much on your own abilities....like carrying a gun everywhere you go, because you live in the spirit of fear. And you have to fight for every penny you make, because you are afraid that if you give a few cents out of your earnings so the poor can have food, you won't be able to afford more luxuries, like extra guns, to protect you, because obviously you don't have faith in God to protect you

It was a lesson about having faith in God, which many conservatives, like you, don't have, you seem to rely much on your own abilities....like carrying a gun everywhere you go, because you live in the spirit of fear. And you have to fight for every penny you make, because you are afraid that if you give a few cents out of your earnings so the poor can have food, you won't be able to afford more luxuries, like extra guns, to protect you, because obviously you don't have faith in God to protect you
Your ignorance is astounding. No wonder you're a liberal.

Jesus wasn't a liberal.

libertarian-jesus.jpg

Yes, but conservatives don't want to feed the poor....they think they are lazy and just need to get a job. I guess Jesus was lying about the poor....cause he didn't say they were lazy.

The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. Mat 26:11

No one is arguing that Jesus wants us to share, and in that respect, Esmeralda was right. But she was wrong about the lesson in Jesus feeding the masses. It was not about sharing the fish (there were not fish to share). He CREATED the fish, and the lesson was about faith in HIM to provide for their needs. Then she quoted Karl Marx to make her case, as if Jesus would have agreed with Karl Marx and his communist philosophy. Marx preached "forced redistribution", Jesus did not.

No, you are reading it literally. That's a problem with a great man so called Christians, reading the Bible stories literally. It is a metaphor about believing in Jesus' teachings, which include working together and sharing, helping each other. Have faith in him, and he will show you the way, one of which is to share and help each other. Do you think that the fact this story contains the situation of him being able to feed everyone with a limited amount of food just happenstance? That we are to just ignore the fact of the sharing altogether and only cling to the one idea of believe in Jesus? That's stupid.

I wonder what kind of Sunday school you went to, because the one I went to taught us that this story is not just about loving and believing in Jesus, it is about helping each other, about working together so we can all be okay. Jesus wanted everyone to be fed so they could all stay and listen to him preach, so collected all the available food and redistributed it so everyone had something and all could stay and listen to him preach. It is a metaphor for working together, for sharing what you have with others.

Last edited:
Jesus wasn't a liberal.

libertarian-jesus.jpg

Yes, but conservatives don't want to feed the poor....they think they are lazy and just need to get a job. I guess Jesus was lying about the poor....cause he didn't say they were lazy.

The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. Mat 26:11

Yep. There will always be poor people, but conservatives want them to fend for themselves and turn this into a 3rd world country.

Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Then I guess there won't be any Democrats in Heaven, since they only give away OTHER people's money and hoard their own.

Are you delusional? You think Democrats don't pay taxes? You are just being spiteful instead of trying to offer a well thought-out response, because you can't.

So Esmeralda negs me, as if that's going to stop me from stating my views. Not surprising, liberals will always try to silence their opposition when they are proven wrong. The funny thing is that I wasn't disagreeing with her that people should help each other, only that it should not be forced.
That is the difference between a Christian and a Marxist, but when you expose them for trying to use Jesus to promote their communist views, they react with hostility and slander (like Mertex assigning positions you have never taken). But that's the way they operate.

So Esmeralda negs me, as if that's going to stop me from stating my views. Not surprising, liberals will always try to silence their opposition when they are proven wrong. The funny thing is that I wasn't disagreeing with her that people should help each other, only that it should not be forced.
That is the difference between a Christian and a Marxist, but when you expose them for trying to use Jesus to promote their communist views, they react with hostility and slander (like Mertex assigning positions you have never taken). But that's the way they operate.

I negged you for this statement "Your ignorance is astounding. No wonder you're a liberal." Not for your point of view on the fishes and loaves story. You really are not very sharp are you? :rolleyes: You're so busy defending Jesus from being called a Communist (which no one has actually done) that you can't see straight.

Last edited:
How can a Liberal quote Jesus when it's a know fact their fingers burn when touching a Bible?

Forum List

Back