Jesus was a liberal

No one is justifying anything. But it is time for a reality check as far as so called Christians following Jesus but not knowing or caring what he was all about.
No tenet of the Chrisdtian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.
Show me the tenet of the Christian faith that says we can ignore the needy
...you mean that the state shoud force people to support the needy, as per my post?. There is none.

...or that we should revolt against the government
Hmm. Dont see that in anything I posted. Red herring.

or that we should coddle the rich and condemn the poor?
See above.

3 red herrings in one post. Nice.

Now, what I DID say that no tenet of the Chrisdtian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.

Did you have an effective response to this?

And so, your response, and the topic, is abject nonsense.
You, don't know what you are talking about. Jesus doesn't care how we take care of the poor and less fortunate, He just cares that we as his followers, do.
Incorrect. You must make a choice to do this, and do it through your own free will.

Forcing others to give to the poor? Nothing there.
Counting the money to pay in taxes and charity to the poor? Nothing there.

And so, again:
Your response, and the topic, is abject nonsense

Impossible that Jesus was a Liberal. Liberals and their teachings are part of public school teachings. Last I checked, Jesus has been banned from Public Schools.

Impossible that Jesus was a Liberal. Liberals and their teachings are part of public school teachings. Last I checked, Jesus has been banned from Public Schools.

What do you think Liberal means? More of or less of and what did Jesus believe in?

Did he believe that we should keep stoning gays and being vegetarians or did he believe in Change.

Christian Schooled.

What do you think Liberal means? More of or less of and what did Jesus believe in?

Did he believe that we should keep stoning gays and being vegetarians or did he believe in Change.

Christian Schooled.
Did he believe in killing babies in the womb?

No he hasn't. Just because forced prayer by everyone is not allowed does not mean Jesus is banned from Public Schools. He goes wherever I go. Sorry your Jesus is confined to a small area.

And those that want Christianity to be part of a public school, where Buddhists, Muslims, atheists and other religions are being represented by tax dollars are just narrow-minded. I don't need for everyone in a group to bow their heads and pretend they are communicating with "my" Jesus......I can do it any time, all the time, anywhere.

If you disagree with me obviously you don't know what belonging to Jesus means.

Christian Schooled.
Did he believe in killing babies in the womb?

He never made mention of it, but obviously he was concerned for women, he pardoned, forgave and uplifted many women. How many times did he do that for a fetus?

No one is justifying anything. But it is time for a reality check as far as so called Christians following Jesus but not knowing or caring what he was all about.
No tenet of the Chrisdtian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.

...you mean that the state shoud force people to support the needy, as per my post?. There is none.

.or that we should revolt against the government
To support the needy is something that the majority of Americans agreed on, or we would have no such thing as Welfare. That is what a Democracy does, leave it up to the majority of people to vote for their beliefs.

Since it is obvious to the most naive that churches and other charitable organizations do not have the resources or means to take care of all the needs of the poor, it makes sense to let the State do it. Those what want churches to do it, know this and are just saying they don't give a damn who gets what. They don't care if some child goes hungry because they blame the parents, and good luck to you if you are born to parents that are a mess.

or that we should coddle the rich and condemn the poor?
You can call anything you don't agree with a Red herring, but it doesn't make it so.
See above.

3 red herrings in one post. Nice.

Now, what I DID say that no tenet of the Chrisdtian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.

That rich people and corporations are given all kinds of tax shelters (some corporations do not even pay taxes) is coddling the rich. Bush and his party wanted to continue giving rich people an impressive tax break. The people (who make up our democracy) did not. It's not about what I want, it's what the majority wants.

You don't offer anything of substance, just deflection and the same old rhetoric.

To support the needy is something that the majority of Americans agreed on, or we would have no such thing as Welfare. That is what a Democracy does, leave it up to the majority of people to vote for their beliefs.
I see. So, you believe it is acceptable to force everyone to participate in Christian morality simply because the majority wants it that way?
Isn't there an amendment against things like that?

Now, what I DID say that no tenet of the Christian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.
That rich people and corporations are given all kinds of tax shelters (some corporations do not even pay taxes) is coddling the rich. Bush and his party wanted to continue giving rich people an impressive tax break. The people (who make up our democracy) did not. It's not about what I want, it's what the majority wants.
Still don't see where you point out the tenet of the Christian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.

So far, you're batting exactly 0.000

I see. So, you believe it is acceptable to force everyone to participate in Christian morality simply because the majority wants it that way?
Isn't there an amendment against things like that?

Now, what I DID say that no tenet of the Christian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.
Still don't see where you point out the tenet of the Christian faith involves forcing others to give to the needy or that your personal moral requirement to do so can be met through your taxes paid to the state.

So far, you're batting exactly 0.000

The tenet of the Christian faith to help the needy is in what Jesus told us to do. That we do it as a country has nothing to do with the Christian tenet, it's the law, therefore, everyone that pays taxes has no individual choice as how those taxes are spent. That Christians are balking at that law is what makes their Christianity suspect. So, if you are a Christian, you are saying you don't want to help the poor and needy and that makes you suspect. The fact that it is the law supersedes your desires.

That you are playing the "confused" card doesn't matter.

That's not true, just trying to show the rightwing misguided Christians that Jesus wasn't a Tea Partier.
Funny, that I don't recall anyone who said He was.
Aren't the Tea Partiers the ones that are worried about Taxes? The ones that want to cut welfare? [etc]
Not sure what this has to do with someone claiming that Jesus was a "tea partier".
Neither are you.

Well, it looks like you are not able to connect the dots. Probably why you believe the way you do.

Tea Partiers are balking at paying taxes. Jesus demanded that we pay our Taxes. If you can't figure out the difference then there's no point in trying to draw you a picture.

That's not true, just trying to show the rightwing misguided Christians that Jesus wasn't a Tea Partier.
Aren't the Tea Partiers the ones that are worried about Taxes? The ones that want to cut welfare? [etc]
Not sure what this has to do with someone claiming that Jesus was a "tea partier".
Neither are you.

Well, it looks like you are not able to connect the dots. Probably why you believe the way you do.

Tea Partiers are balking at paying taxes. Jesus demanded that we pay our Taxes. If you can't figure out the difference then there's no point in trying to draw you a picture.

libertarian-jesus.jpg

Neither are you.

libertarian-jesus.jpg

republican-jesus.jpg

Consider the Lillies of the Field, they receive no subsidies nor food stamps.

Remember when Jesus told the Jews to look to Rome for their food and sustenance?

(7) “But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?”[1 John 3:17 KJV]

How can a conservative so-called “Christian” read this passage and keep voting for people who give tax cuts to the rich, while slashing programs that feed families, care for the elderly and disabled, house the homeless, provide healthcare, protect consumers, and keep our air and water clean?

Consider the Lillies of the Field, they receive no subsidies nor food stamps.

Remember when Jesus told the Jews to look to Rome for their food and sustenance?

(7) “But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?”[1 John 3:17 KJV]

How can a conservative so-called “Christian” read this passage and keep voting for people who give tax cuts to the rich, while slashing programs that feed families, care for the elderly and disabled, house the homeless, provide healthcare, protect consumers, and keep our air and water clean?

They watched a YT video on Fox News showing a black person manipulating the system and think that EVERYONE in the system is the person they just saw. They have no ability to think about what the system was made for, but have a "Nix it" instead of "Fix it" mentality. They don't want to put thought into fixing programs, they want to end programs because they aren't part of that program, today.

If they saw some video's of truly disabled people that use taxation to get by, they might change their mind. But those people feel like outcasts today for somehow "stealing money" because of the stigma Fox News has made that so many sheeple follow.

The tenet of the Christian faith to help the needy is in what Jesus told us to do.
Yes. He did not tell us force others to do it.

Tell me:
Is the Christian burden of charity filled by simply paying taxes and not giving any of your time or money out of your pocket?
Is it met by forcing others to provide charity?

if not, then how is there any issue with Christians taking exception to the state forcing people to provide charity?

The tenet of the Christian faith to help the needy is in what Jesus told us to do.
Yes. He did not tell us force others to do it.

Tell me:
Is the Christian burden of charity filled by simply paying taxes and not giving any of your time or money out of your pocket?
Is it met by forcing others to provide charity?

if not, then how is there any issue with Christians taking exception to the state forcing people to provide charity?

As it is now, money collected from taxpayers mostly supports the 1%.

that's doubtful. he would never support the killing of the innocent with abortion

:eusa_pray:That's why he would be appalled at the liberal notion of government providing aid to people. It should come from the heart of the individual. "Give to Caesar that which is Caesar..." Personally I prefer a "thousand points of light."

Exactly. We should have taxpayers give out of their hearts, instead of hoarding and trying to screw over poor American and only giving to people willing to convert to your twisted back-asswards religious medievalism.

Forum List

Back