Jesse Jackson: Florida is an ‘Apartheid State’; Governor Scott wants Apology

squeeze berry

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2010
virginia
In a style truly his own, Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke his mind at a recent visit to Florida; where he went to support the Dream Defenders; the group that has been staging a sit-in since mid-July in protest of the state’s Stand Your Ground law.

Jackson called Florida an “Apartheid state,” and named it “the Selma of our time.”

Of course these references didn’t sit well with Florida Governor Rick Scott.

“Jesse Jackson owes every Floridian an apology for his reckless and divisive comments,” Scott said. “It is unfortunate that he would come to Florida to insult Floridians and divide our state at a time when we are striving for unity and healing. Floridians are a strong, resilient people. We are fortunate to live in a great state where all Floridians enjoy opportunities to get a great job and world-class education.”

The civil rights activist has requested that the state re-evaluate its gun laws; especially in light of the Trayvon Martin slaying by George Zimmerman, and the subsequent acquittal voted upon unanimously by the jury.

Though Gov. Scott stands by the controversial law and will not call a special session to address it, according to the Miami Herald, Jackson says:

“The Rainbow Push Coalition is mobilizing elected officials in support of these student movements, too many people in Florida are disenfranchised.”

Jackson spent the night on the floor of the Capitol in Tallahassee Tuesday night.

Jesse Jackson: Florida is an 'Apartheid State'; Governor Scott wants Apology | EURweb - Part 1

more race baiting from one of the usual suspects.

Where is Obama on this? Silence is consent?

Jesse Jackson needs to retire. Glad to see Scott speaking up asking for an apology.

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating."
- Jesse Jackson
Chicago
November 1993

i'm sure shaq agrees with jesse:

All-star NBA great, Shaquille O’Neal, maintains a 70,000 square foot mansion just outside of Orlando in Windermere, Florida. Creating a bit of Orlando Magic, the beautiful property boasts almost 70,000 square of living space, an outdoor pool dubbed Shaqupulco, and 8 bedrooms and 13 baths. An indoor basketball court is also included on the property. The single-family spread is currently valued at around $8+ million.

NBA Star Shaquille O?Neal?s Massive Mansion Home in Windermere, close to Orlando, Florida - Florida Homes eBroker?

lol

Uh genius, that was sarcasm.

I'd rather have a wooden spike ran through my liver than be a part of those commie scum.

And we know it's sarcasm because it's so plainly obvious. :cuckoo:

Listen goat roper, I'm not really concerned about what you think. Take it or leave it.

Why would anyone rope a goat? If that's what you people do where you're from then you're not as smart as you pretend to be.

FTR I used to team rope when I was younger, but we didn't rope goats.... we roped steers.

2010_03_23_crime_and_consequences_border_964-4c00298e9a53e4.71429902-964-main.jpg

I don't have any need to rope my cattle. It's a small herd. Had to sell most at auction last year because of the drought. Without hay in May, July, and September, we're pretty much screwed because the winters here can be warm, or absolutely brutal. It can be 117 degrees in July and minus 27 in February. Hell, it even snowed in May.

But I suppose roping is a cool thing, but just not my thing.

I shouldn't have been so shitty to you Texas. I apologize, but I ain't no demoncrat.

I don't have any need to rope my cattle. It's a small herd. Had to sell most at auction last year because of the drought. Without hay in May, July, and September, we're pretty much screwed because the winters here can be warm, or absolutely brutal. It can be 117 degrees in July and minus 27 in February. Hell, it even snowed in May.

But I suppose roping is a cool thing, but just not my thing.

I shouldn't have been so shitty to you Texas. I apologize, but I ain't no demoncrat.

No hard feelings R.C., it is difficult to distinguish between what is meant as sarcasm and what some of these liberals say. Good to know you're on the right side.

Is that irrelevant POS refugee from the 1960s still flapping his gums about this?

The sooner Governor Scott tells Jackson to go fuck himself, the better.

the Reeeeeeeeeeeeevernd Jackson can really talk some smack and he should talk about apartheid...

all this years of ranting how he for blacks and their treatment and there are still millions of them living on government who sticks them in war zone housing (look at Detroit for an EXAMPLE how much they and the Democrats CARE) until they can be USED like with this case...All the while Jackson and Sharpton live the high life of their backs...

He never stops. That's what race hustlers do. The only respect I give to the tard is that sometimes he really acts like a real Christian and is a good mediator.

Sharpton, on the other hand, is a different degree of parasite. That pile of black shit has blood on his hands.

Is that irrelevant POS refugee from the 1960s still flapping his gums about this?

The sooner Governor Scott tells Jackson to go fuck himself, the better.

Jesse Jackoff thinks he can still blackmail/drop the race card on people and they will kiss his ass. Not anymore. No one takes him seriously anymore. His days of pushing people around is over.

In a style truly his own, Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke his mind at a recent visit to Florida; where he went to support the Dream Defenders; the group that has been staging a sit-in since mid-July in protest of the state’s Stand Your Ground law.

Jackson called Florida an “Apartheid state,” and named it “the Selma of our time.”

Of course these references didn’t sit well with Florida Governor Rick Scott.

“Jesse Jackson owes every Floridian an apology for his reckless and divisive comments,” Scott said. “It is unfortunate that he would come to Florida to insult Floridians and divide our state at a time when we are striving for unity and healing. Floridians are a strong, resilient people. We are fortunate to live in a great state where all Floridians enjoy opportunities to get a great job and world-class education.”

The civil rights activist has requested that the state re-evaluate its gun laws; especially in light of the Trayvon Martin slaying by George Zimmerman, and the subsequent acquittal voted upon unanimously by the jury.

Though Gov. Scott stands by the controversial law and will not call a special session to address it, according to the Miami Herald, Jackson says:

“The Rainbow Push Coalition is mobilizing elected officials in support of these student movements, too many people in Florida are disenfranchised.”

Jackson spent the night on the floor of the Capitol in Tallahassee Tuesday night.

Jesse Jackson: Florida is an 'Apartheid State'; Governor Scott wants Apology | EURweb - Part 1

more race baiting from one of the usual suspects.

Where is Obama on this? Silence is consent?

He is wrong. Its not like you can shoot unarmed black kids there and get away with it. OH wait.

Forum List

Back